Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Full speed on the Autobahn

Now that I have ordered the F3 I decided to take my "Old" 2012 RS for the first time on the Autobahn WITHOUT MY WIFE... (also probably for the last time 😌&#128531
    Well... Top speed was quite impressive: 122 mph!
    I'm kind of curious to see if the new F3 can keep up with this 😉

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a worthy test for the RS. We will be waiting for the results on the F3 once you get it broke in properly.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Yesterday afternoon at an undisclosed location I took my 2014 RT Ltd and had it going 101 MPH.

Had to see how fast it would go.

It accelerated to 92 MPH before the acceleration dramatically slowed then it took a bit to creep up to 101 MPH.

I figured not too much more than that would be achieved but it was not redlined, it was in sixth gear doing about 5,000 rpm or so. Bet I could get it going faster if I would have left it in fifth gear till almost redline and shifted but not sure. Not going to try again anyhow.

My conclusion is 2014 RT LTD max speed is right around a 100MPH maybe a little faster.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Nice !!

wish we had a wide open road... just have to find your spots. Had our RS up to 117 but ran out of road. Had more in her for sure. Glad you both had a blowout despedida...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vrider View Post
    Yesterday afternoon at an undisclosed location I took my 2014 RT Ltd and had it going 101 MPH.

Had to see how fast it would go.

It accelerated to 92 MPH before the acceleration dramatically slowed then it took a bit to creep up to 101 MPH.

I figured not too much more than that would be achieved but it was not redlined, it was in sixth gear doing about 5,000 rpm or so. Bet I could get it going faster if I would have left it in fifth gear till almost redline and shifted but not sure. Not going to try again anyhow.

My conclusion is 2014 RT LTD max speed is right around a 100MPH maybe a little faster.
    Good test. I will take your word for it. These days, 80 is good when I have to pass someone.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wippi01 View Post
    Now that I have ordered the F3 I decided to take my "Old" 2012 RS for the first time on the Autobahn WITHOUT MY WIFE... (also probably for the last time ����)
    Well... Top speed was quite impressive: 122 mph!
    I'm kind of curious to see if the new F3 can keep up with this ��
    I can't WAIT to see your results...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2015 F3S M Top Speed

I recently got to 134Mph on my F3S Manual but I think she might of had more to go, I hope she does its kinda sad with a 1330cc engine being way slower than a GSX-R 600 Girls Bike! I need upgrades hurry up aftermarket!

Spyder Garage

Had my RS up to 116. Not much left.
    Have a hard time believing the F3 would be much differente at top end with lower torque and sprocket
    Lets here some numbers from the owners. There is enough out there. Some must have pushed the envelope

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Had my F3 manual up to 128mph. Did the older ones have 6 gears?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The BS O'meters will be going crazy with this thread!...lol

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chspyder View Post
    I recently got to 134Mph on my F3S Manual but I think she might of had more to go, I hope she does its kinda sad with a 1330cc engine being way slower than a GSX-R 600 Girls Bike! I need upgrades hurry up aftermarket!
    http://www.shopspyderlovers.com/performance-3/
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Full speed on the Autobahn

Quote Originally Posted by chspyder View Post
    The Spyder F3 is supposed to compete with the cruisers out there not the sport bikes. At 134 MPH it is one fast cruiser.

My cruiser with an 1450 only did about 105 MPH. As you could not even come close to the RPMs that the sport bikes can turn.

Totally different categories you are comparing.
    Last edited by vrider; 05-12-2015 at 09:28 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs down Really ?

It's one thing to be a teenager and see what daddy's car will do wide open on a downhill section of Interstate. It is entirely a different thing to see how fast a motorcycle designed for safety will go and then brag about it on SL. This kind of bragging about this reckless activity will both encourage more recklessness and make the rest of the Spyder community look reckless to the rest of the world. This type of post reflects on the entire Spyder community and could likely lead to the dreaded top speed governor should BRP choose to install it to cover their butts.

Spyder Garage

I think the issue will be self correcting. Some may win Darwin awards and some may see large repair bills. At this point, I do not see government or BRP intervention.

I am not going to do it, but am nevertheless interested in hearing other's achievements.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Burped View Post
    It's one thing to be a teenager and see what daddy's car will do wide open on a downhill section of Interstate. It is entirely a different thing to see how fast a motorcycle designed for safety will go and then brag about it on SL. This kind of bragging about this reckless activity will both encourage more recklessness and make the rest of the Spyder community look reckless to the rest of the world. This type of post reflects on the entire Spyder community and could likely lead to the dreaded top speed governor should BRP choose to install it to cover their butts.
    It appears that about 101 MPH is the safe top end speed for this motorcycle as was designed.

Bragging would be.... OMG.... I just ripped down a highway full of traffic doing 180 MPH. Not I went down to an undisclosed location to see how fast she would go. The undisclosed location could be a drag strip a police driving facility and so forth. It does not mean we are going bat @&$) crazy down a public road flying between cars.

BRP already governs your speed by the way they manufactured and setup the bike. I guarantee it could go faster with some remapping as 100 MPH is a bit weak for a 1330. It has plenty of power until it hits 90 and poof it is gone. They will never use the words governed however. Like I said earlier it has plenty of power at all normal highway speeds.

Perhaps posting this information will discourage people who want to know how fast it will go from trying it them selfs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I think the issue will be self correcting. Some may win Darwin awards and some may see large repair bills. At this point, I do not see government or BRP intervention.

I am not going to do it, but am nevertheless interested in hearing other's achievements.
    A Darwin Award would only be achieved by strapping a rocket booster to the back. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default Wow

134! Bring that to Spyderfest, and we will track test it! That is amazing!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 1blackbeauty View Post
    Had my F3 manual up to 128mph. Did the older ones have 6 gears?
    Sure you did!!! I call BS BIG TIME!!!!

More like KPH!!!
    Last edited by Mike,P; 05-12-2015 at 11:49 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

And don't forget:
    1. I'm talking about Germany here. Autobahns are different to Us Highways.
    2. Driving is very different to driving in the US
    (both in a good and a bad way).
    3. BRP sells the F3 with a larger sprocket so I would guess that they are well aware that European drivers tend to care more about top speed than pure acceleration.
    4. The Rotax V2 is a great engine. It is also used for the Aprilia Mille... I'm pretty sure that they don't limit their speed to 100mph (in Germany). I don't think repair bills due to driving top speed for 5 Minutes are going to be a big issue...
    5. I posted this as a courtesy to fellow riders in the States that in normal circumstances don't get to drive that fast.
    6. Bragging really? 122mph? O,believe me... There are different things I could brag about.
    Last edited by Wippi01; 05-12-2015 at 11:57 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wippi01 View Post
    And don't forget:
    1. I'm talking about Germany here. Autobahns are different to Us Highways.
    2. Driving is very different to driving in the US
    (both in a good and a bad way).
    3. BRP sells the F3 with a larger sprocket so I would guess that they are well aware that European drivers tend to care more about top speed than pure acceleration.
    4. The Rotax V2 is a great engine. It is also used for the Aprilia Mille... I'm pretty sure that they don't limit their speed to 100mph (in Germany). I don't think repair bills due to driving to speed for 5 Minutes are going to be a big issue...
    5. I posted this as a courtesy to fellow riders in the States that in normal circumstances don't get to drive that fast.
    6. Bragging really? 122mph? O,believe me... There are different things I could brag about.
    They don't limit the speed in the US either, that person is wrong.

I remember seeing a picture of the larger sprocket, I thought it was from Australia, but Europe makes much more sense. You guys do love to drive fast.

Did the F3 wobble at that speed? I've had my RT up to 106 and, while I don't think it had much more left, I backed off as it felt wobbly to me.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    They don't limit the speed in the US either, that person is wrong.

I remember seeing a picture of the larger sprocket, I thought it was from Australia, but Europe makes much more sense. You guys do love to drive fast.

Did the F3 wobble at that speed? I've had my RT up to 106 and, while I don't think it had much more left, I backed off as it felt wobbly to me.
    Unfortunately I don't have the F3 yet... This was my 2012 RS. But it felt very stable, no wobbling at all...

Spyder Garage

Default Good Post

I like the fact that everyone has different views, and especially when we get info from overseas! Keep up the posts. I can't imagine how much fun the Autobaun would be on a Spyder!

ps: Just ignore the haters, there are a few of them that pop onto these threads just to condemn people for views different from their own.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    134! Bring that to Spyderfest, and we will track test it! That is amazing!
    Not within 180 yards you wont......[emoji12] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    The BS O'meters will be going crazy with this thread!...lol
    Drew... This is starting to freak me out...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have had my 2013 RT @ 105mph 2 up for a sec. The wife wanted to know how fast it went...yeah that's the ticket (or lack there of). Looks like the 1330 doesn't have much more top end than previous years. It may get there a touch quicker due to torque.