Thread: Is it me...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Is it me...

or what? Had a VA appointment this morning and have to drive 58 miles to the appointment. I take mostly back roads. Oh, and I was in my pickup. So I'm about 1.5 miles from the house and the first idiot pulls out in front of me. Brakes on, I look at the driver as we pass and she's talking away on her cell phone. Doesn't even look my way. On my way again approach the State Employees Credit Union. Car sitting at the end of the driveway. Car in front of me passes, then the idiot in the car in the driveway pulls right out in front of me. Too close for comfort. Slam on the brakes and hit the horn. Idiot decides to brake check me and slows down to 10 below the speed limit. I check to make sure I don't have the cloaking device engaged. Nope, it's off. Ok, That's two.

I'm cruising the two lane back roads through Eastern NC farm land. There's a tractor coming my way with one of those triple wide disc harrows. I say triple wide even though the outer sets are folded up and in. I slow down and pull as far as I can over to the side. Very narrow shoulder with three foot deep ditch. Tractor operator decides he's going to maintain his speed and course. The outer disc row passes within about two inches of my left mirror. Not usual driving from a farmer since most of them will pull over too. Guess he was distracted.

Traveling on. Back out on US 13. One of the roads I try to avoid but have to travel to get to my destination. HOLY CRAP!!! Is that nut job really passing in a no passing zone and headed straight for me?? That was too close. Only have about 15 more miles. On 264A now. Traffic getting heavier. SUV coming up on my 6 fast. Can't see the grill or headlights. Then she's passing me and cuts back in no more than 3-4 feet in front of me. Does the same thing to the next car in front of me.

Stop at a light. Pickup in front of me. Light turns green, truck turns left. I wait my turn, turn left and nearly rear end the pickup. He's driving about 5 mph looking out his drivers window. Car behind me is laying on the horn. Can't go anywhere. Pops is finally up to 15 mph. It's a 50 mph road. I loose it. I pass in the center turn lane. I don't even break 30 mph. I watch my rear view as the traffic backs up behind Pops.

Return home trip. Only two incidents of people pulling out in front of me and one sitting at a stop sign not moving even when clear. A little tap on the horn to remind them that they are on a public highway with other drivers. I get the finger in return.

So my original question...is it just me or what?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default No different here in Michigan!

Even my wife has said that whether we are in the cage or on the Spyder, the ___holes are even more prevalent than in the past. WHY???

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You need to drive something that people will respect...

Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

That's enough incidents in one day to last for a long time to come.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Think I,l stay out of your town.Thats just crazy
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Bummer..!!

those are the days you stay home. To bad you had appointments.. all cities have them but some days they all..!! get ahead of you.. glad you skirted all of them and made it home safely...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i have had too many days like that

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's sick out there and getting sicker.
    check out this

http://q13fox.com/2015/04/27/watch-c...on-school-bus/
    Last edited by vided; 04-28-2015 at 06:46 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default YES

Has anyone answered your question yet? Well, yep it is just you...just you driving defensively it appears. And all others driving offensively.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi bruiser

Re: is it just me or what?

Nope. On a tv show many years ago, a little girl was asked who she preferred riding with, Mom or Dad. She said they were both good drivers but when she was with Mom they never saw any of those bastards.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) IMO people do not seem to have the time to just take it a little easy; everyone is in a hurry to go somewhere. And of course, be on the cell phone ALL the time.

Spyder Garage

Just imagine how invisible you might have been on the Spyder
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Years ago, I drove a rust bucket pickup, the most distinguishing thing about it was the bumpers, 14 inch heavy duty channel iron, mounted with the flat side toward the truck. NOBODY pulled out in front of it, or tailgated. There are times I wish I still had it.

john

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It doesn't make any difference what you drive. Two days after getting our first Spyder (2010 RTS) we were two up not far from the house. The guy in the car at the stop sign was looking straight at us and still pulled out on us close enough where I almost ejected the wife. Many years ago when I was a volunteer fireman, I was responding to a house fire in the pumper with full lights and siren (code three). I slowed way down at an intersection even though I had the green light. As I entered the intersection a car coming from my right turned right directly in my path then braked. Fortunately the oncoming lane was clear and I was able to avoid a pretty bad accident.

I know several LEOs here in our county and they all say that inattentive driving is increasing. The next few weeks they are increasing activity to monitor inattentive driving among teens since it's prom season. Not to say they don't normally do this, but...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    or what? Had a VA appointment this morning and have to drive 58 miles to the appointment. I take mostly back roads. Oh, and I was in my pickup. So I'm about 1.5 miles from the house and the first idiot pulls out in front of me. Brakes on, I look at the driver as we pass and she's talking away on her cell phone. Doesn't even look my way. On my way again approach the State Employees Credit Union. Car sitting at the end of the driveway. Car in front of me passes, then the idiot in the car in the driveway pulls right out in front of me. Too close for comfort. Slam on the brakes and hit the horn. Idiot decides to brake check me and slows down to 10 below the speed limit. I check to make sure I don't have the cloaking device engaged. Nope, it's off. Ok, That's two.

I'm cruising the two lane back roads through Eastern NC farm land. There's a tractor coming my way with one of those triple wide disc harrows. I say triple wide even though the outer sets are folded up and in. I slow down and pull as far as I can over to the side. Very narrow shoulder with three foot deep ditch. Tractor operator decides he's going to maintain his speed and course. The outer disc row passes within about two inches of my left mirror. Not usual driving from a farmer since most of them will pull over too. Guess he was distracted.

Traveling on. Back out on US 13. One of the roads I try to avoid but have to travel to get to my destination. HOLY CRAP!!! Is that nut job really passing in a no passing zone and headed straight for me?? That was too close. Only have about 15 more miles. On 264A now. Traffic getting heavier. SUV coming up on my 6 fast. Can't see the grill or headlights. Then she's passing me and cuts back in no more than 3-4 feet in front of me. Does the same thing to the next car in front of me.

Stop at a light. Pickup in front of me. Light turns green, truck turns left. I wait my turn, turn left and nearly rear end the pickup. He's driving about 5 mph looking out his drivers window. Car behind me is laying on the horn. Can't go anywhere. Pops is finally up to 15 mph. It's a 50 mph road. I loose it. I pass in the center turn lane. I don't even break 30 mph. I watch my rear view as the traffic backs up behind Pops.

Return home trip. Only two incidents of people pulling out in front of me and one sitting at a stop sign not moving even when clear. A little tap on the horn to remind them that they are on a public highway with other drivers. I get the finger in return.

So my original question...is it just me or what?
    Hate to say it but it all sounds like a normal drive/ride to town anymore. Ya just hope they have their wreck with someone else

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi bruiser,

Re: I know several LEOs here in our county and they all say that inattentive driving is increasing.

One only has to look at how a lot of new cars are outfitted; people want everything that they have in their living room in their car.

I just ordered a new Lexus and the saleman ( a very nice guy I must add ) could not understand why I would not want naviagation.

Jerry Baumchen

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Navigation?

I've already got that; my Missus is ALWAYS telling me where I should go!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Now they have self parking cars and they are working on cars that drive themselves
    So when something stupid happens the driver can blame it on the car
    Don't know if that is good or bad

just seems people don't want to take responsibility for what they do

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

time you talked about, I think of a friend of mine a couple years, he said, he never had a problem with other drivers, although the police bothered him a lot. he had a military style URAL with side car, mounted on the side was a Russian machine gun (model but looked real). Wonder Why ???
    Oldmanzues

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No doubt; a Ural with a machine gun is pretty potent...

I wonder if a "Frunk Monkey" would do the job?

Attached Images Attached Images