Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Question Official Can Am Spyder Shop Manual

Are these available for purchase ?

Year and model specific Official Can Am Spyder Shop Manuals ??????

I have easily purchased them for my past 2 wheelers. So I was wondering if and where we can purchase these.

Craig From Albany Oregon

Spyder Garage

Default They are...

from brp but quite pricy...online the download or CD versions are about twenty bucks... Don't know if clymers or haynes have published any for spyders but have never looked...they are sometimes on ebay...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I did find a downloadable version:

http://www.canammanuals.com/Can-Am%20Spyder.htm

Not sure how legit it is. About $30.00 but then you need to download it and print anywhere from 600-1100 pages.

In the past I was just able to buy a large book on a bike.
    Craig From Albany Oregon

Spyder Garage

Default "Will that be paper or electrons?"

Quote Originally Posted by WEB-WVR View Post
    I did find a downloadable version:

http://www.canammanuals.com/Can-Am%20Spyder.htm

Not sure how legit it is. About $30.00 but then you need to download it and print anywhere from 600-1100 pages.
    In the past I was just able to buy a large book on a bike.
    I have this manual, it is an exact copy of the Can Am manual. Downloaded it, then put it on my iPhone & iPad. Yes, you can print it all out or just the pages you need when you need them.

Had one for my GS, well worth it, recently bought the one for my F3, very pleased.

Tom
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.

Spyder Garage

Just my 2 cents on this.

Yes the online manuals are worth having. But be aware not all of them have everything in them like the wiring diagrams!
    Some don't have the full parts listing.

The wiring diagram is a large format engineering print out. It is like 4 feet by 6 feet and shows the full layout.
    I have yet to see that provided on any online manual.
    What I like is this fold out sheet was printed on a large format printer from Xerox
    Whom I work for

So I bought the online manual and was pretty happy with it. However once a "real" BRP manual became available to me, I have to say it was really worth it. I am a online guy and never print anything! But having a hard copy with the full huge wiring diagram was worth it.

When I am sitting at my PC about to work on my Spyder, reviewing the online manual for what to expect is great. But when I get in the garage and starting wrenching on stuff, having the hard copy is way better.

My 2 cents.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Just my 2 cents on this.

Yes the online manuals are worth having. But be aware not all of them have everything in them like the wiring diagrams!
    Some don't have the full parts listing.

The wiring diagram is a large format engineering print out. It is like 4 feet by 6 feet and shows the full layout.
    I have yet to see that provided on any online manual.
    What I like is this fold out sheet was printed on a large format printer from Xerox
    Whom I work for

So I bought the online manual and was pretty happy with it. However once a "real" BRP manual became available to me, I have to say it was really worth it. I am a online guy and never print anything! But having a hard copy with the full huge wiring diagram was worth it.

When I am sitting at my PC about to work on my Spyder, reviewing the online manual for what to expect is great. But when I get in the garage and starting wrenching on stuff, having the hard copy is way better.

My 2 cents.

Bob

So did you get the hard copy from the dealer ? Or an on-line source ? Thanks !
    Craig From Albany Oregon

Spyder Garage

Finless

You tech guys.
    Oh by the way I retired from XEROX last May.

Spyder Garage

with Finless.

I have both and like Bob says, the downloaded one is great when sitting at my computer "planning" some little project and having the hard copy in the garage when planning becomes doing nothing beats it!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ABQSpyder View Post
    Finless

You tech guys.
    Really? I am now on 36 years with Xerox and so you know I was involved heavily with Service and CSE stuff till about 1999.

I know a lot of CSEs. Might I know you?

Oh and I assume you were a CSE since that's mostly who I meet simply by the numbers of people. But if you were a FMCS or something else in a district office... sorry to offend...

FYI we have another Xerox retired member here... Jtoro.

Bob
    Last edited by finless; 04-26-2015 at 04:59 PM.
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WEB-WVR View Post
    So did you get the hard copy from the dealer ? Or an on-line source ? Thanks !
    Someone I know upgraded from his 2010 to a 2014 and had bought the official manual. He sold it to me for $25. WELL WORTH IT!

Bob
    Last edited by finless; 04-26-2015 at 04:59 PM.
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Default Can Am Spyder Master Manuals

I got the digital version of the manual from this site and contains 1500 pages and well detailed. $28.50
    Put it on 3 different computers no problem.
    http://www.brpmanuals.com/Can-Am%20Spyder.htm

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am sure this topic was brought up before but as far as I am concerned my online manual I downloaded has a full electrical schematic and parts listing..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    I am sure this topic was brought up before but as far as I am concerned my online manual I downloaded has a full electrical schematic and parts listing..
    You might think it does but I bet your missing the huge full layout! That is impossible to scan and put on CD.

Would you like me to show you what I am talking about? I am fully willing to shoot a video showing what your missing.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Opus

Quote Originally Posted by ABQSpyder View Post
    Finless

You tech guys.
    I retired from Xerox in 2005 with 30yrs service--CSE

Spyder Garage

The manuals now do have a full size wire diagram that can be read on the screen of your computer but you have to enlarge it to see it . Put the PDF file on a thumb drive and look thru the yellow pages for a business that prints engineering drawing. Take the drive to them and show them the wiring diagram you want to print. I had several done at MAIL and MORE here. They printed out 36 x 48 inch drawings for the 2013 RT and ST and the one for the 2014 RT.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You might think it does but I bet your missing the huge full layout! That is impossible to scan and put on CD.

Would you like me to show you what I am talking about? I am fully willing to shoot a video showing what your missing.

Bob

I would Love to see what I am missing..Then I can see what you are talking about..

Spyder Garage

Default Link to paper book

2015 Rt-s SE6. I'm a paper guy as well.
    Is there a link for the OEM manual?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis in Lodi View Post
    2015 Rt-s SE6. I'm a paper guy as well.
    Is there a link for the OEM manual?
    THey are listed above on this discussion..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    THey are listed above on this discussion..
    Sorry, I clicked on every link and there are all downloads

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Go to BRPManuals.com. All years and models are available on pdf. Reasonable cost
    2014 RTSS , Cogna/ black

Spyder Garage

Bob
    I suspect you have not seen an electronic version of the Service Manual for 2013 and later models. The difference is huge. The 2010 manual I have is scanned and the 2013 is obviously digital source. I just checked the printout to full size of the 2013 RT wiring diagram and it is 40 X 28 inches.

Now some of the extra add ons that are not part of the actual manual are not digital source.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    I suspect you have not seen an electronic version of the Service Manual for 2013 and later models. The difference is huge. The 2010 manual I have is scanned and the 2013 is obviously digital source. I just checked the printout to full size of the 2013 RT wiring diagram and it is 40 X 28 inches.

Now some of the extra add ons that are not part of the actual manual are not digital source.
    That's all fine and good but doesn't help me with a 2011.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

The OP that originally asked the question has 2014.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default A question . . .

Just my 2 cents on this.
    My 2 cents.
    Bob
    . . . . Is that the same wiring diagram that BRP haves in the online Spyder parts section of their website?

Tom
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.

Spyder Garage

I know we can get a digital copy.

Is there a place we can buy the hard copy...the actual book used in Dealer Shops ? There is nothing like having the book right by the bike when working on it. (I have not talked the wife into a computer in the garage yet ).
    Craig From Albany Oregon