Thread: Need help!!

Spyder Garage

Default Need help!!

Hey Spyder Lovers! I just installed the Two Brothers dual carbon fiber exhaust on my st-s. I can't seem to get the pipe to seat flush at the connection and still be able to get the canisters mounted to bike correctly. When the bike is on I can feel a slight puff of air at the connection. How can I fix this issue??? Please Help!!! Thank you!!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nbaker313 View Post
    Hey Spyder Lovers! I just installed the Two Brothers dual carbon fiber exhaust on my st-s. I can't seem to get the pipe to seat flush at the connection and still be able to get the canisters mounted to bike correctly. When the bike is on I can feel a slight puff of air at the connection. How can I fix this issue??? Please Help!!! Thank you!!!!!
    My dealing with exhausts is how the springs are placed At that connection. I had a akrapovic that I installed. Experienced the same issue.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Loosen it all...

Depending but sometimes if you loosen all the connections you can adjust for slight differences. Some pipes need adapters for mounting for spacing. Some use stock gaskets and some no gasket at all. Never done that pipe...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

This one doesn't use springs or gaskets. Came with a ring clamp. It's off by less than quarter inch. I will try loosening the bolts and adjusting. Thanks!!!