Spyder Garage

Default High Tech Good Friday / SpyderFest 2015

TODAY IS GOOD FRIDAY
    Some people use today to reflect on a major historic event. To many, Bobbie & I included, it is more than a historic event. It is a reminder of a sacrifice that Jesus of Nazareth made for us 2000 years ago. It was part of God’s master plan for humanity. Friday was the day that Jesus was beaten almost to death. He was made to carry his method of death through the streets for all to mock, ridicule and spit. He was nailed to that cross to suffer and die, with a crown made of thorns on his head. He died on that Friday afternoon and the earth shook. He was buried in a borrowed tomb. Then, three days later, the Bible tells us he rose from the dead!

The art work sampling you see here is the FIRST of its kind in the world. It combines my passion for lighting, some bleeding edge technology, a Can Am Spyder, and… Bobbie’s and my adoration for what Jesus Christ did for us 2000 years ago. Artist Sue Hopper took Bobbie’s vision for what her Spyder (named Psycho) should look like, and turned it into a high tech work of art. When the bike is fully assembled and revealed at SpyderFest 2015, April 29 – May 2 in Springfield MO, you’ll see much, much more. And it all lights up! If you can’t make SpyderFest to see it in person, we’ll post pictures, but there is nothing like seeing it in person at Sue Hopper’s booth, Signs and Wonders, in the vendor hall at the Ozark Empire Fairgrounds. Bobbie & I will be there to answer questions.

The lighting technology is by Darkside Scientific (DS). It is a paint product that illuminates with a very small amount of electricity. It is an electroluminescent (EL) coating. Shawn Mastrain, the CEO had this to say, “We at Darkside Scientific and Lumilor.com are super excited to have Phil & Bobbie Burks displaying our EL technology for the first time, globally, on their Can Am Spyder! The Spyder offers a unique canvas to show our equally unique coating, and it is fitting that Phil wanted to be the first to do it on a Spyder.” I’m proud to add that in January, 2015, Bobbie & I became investors in Darkside Scientific, LLC. In coming weeks, you will hear more about what ELSE DS is working on! They have been doing this for only two years so just think of the colors and capabilities they will have in two more years!

The artwork design is Bobbie’s. We both love the work of IronNature.com (Bill Johnson). Bill makes amazing metal crosses with the names of Jesus and roses imbedded. Bobbie wanted something like Bill’s work to be on her bike. We contacted Bill and graciously received his permission to use his concept. Bobbie also wanted the crown of thorns as the focal point on the frunk. Bobbie – you are also going to be getting one of the IronNature large crosses for your office in about five weeks… with PURPLE roses! I love you.

We purchased a spare frunk lid, fog light shrouds, and saddle bag covers. Then, we turned it over to Sue Hopper. Sue took Bobbie’s ideas and used the Spyder parts for a canvas. Sue sent several pencil sketches of how she interpreted Bobbie’s concept. Sue captured the sorrow, the hope, the promise, and the glory that the crown represents. DS applied the EL coatings to the places Sue designated. The parts then came back to Sue for her to apply the air brush images. What you see here is the center of the frunk. Just PART one of FIVE Spyder pieces that you will ultimately see when all is assembled. Sue says… “Working with the EL and Bobbie’s ideas has been a spiritual experience! Phil and I have prayed for God to use my hands and this entire project for his glory.”

We hope to see you at SpyderFest to see the rest of the story! Happy Easter…

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Phil; 04-03-2015 at 02:24 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Praise God !

Thank you for reminding all of us why this is Good Friday. It is a good day for forgiving and to remember our own forgiveness bought at the price of the death of the son of God.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have to do this...

https://youtu.be/h6dwOX6N_Tk

There is a more graphic version from The Passion of the Christ but I can't post it. It tears my heart out.

Phil, we'll have to be content to see the pictures when you post them. I may post another of my favorite songs from Sandi and Larnell Harris. Can you guess which one???
    Last edited by bruiser; 04-03-2015 at 12:29 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    I may post another of my favorite songs from Sandi and Larnell Harris. Can you guess which one???
    I SURE can !! A great friend of mine is a Phil Barfoot. Phil did a cruse a few months ago that had Larenell & Sandi as the guest artists. The did the song for its 30th (?) anniversary!! Barfoot led the choir that backed them up & told me he almost fainted from the sheer exhilaration of it all. AMEN!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Phil; 04-03-2015 at 03:15 PM.

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Your passion for our Lord and your creative gifts are simply awesome. Thanks for sharing it all!
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Spyder Garage

Default Progress

Last edited by Phil; 04-05-2015 at 09:55 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default A little more sneak peak

The frunk reassembly is coming along. Little by little, the remake of Bobbie's RT, Psycho, is coming along.

In person, the true color and detail of the roses, vines, words, etc. can be seen. In the pics, not so much. Come see the finished project in person at Spyderfest 2015!!

Last edited by Phil; 04-09-2015 at 12:55 AM.