Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default smooth spyder backrest

Anyone have a smooth spyder backrest ? I like how it adjust from driver to passenger. Any opinions would be great

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Very nice..!!

I had already gotten the oem backrest but would have gotten smoothspyder's had I known. From what I have heard it is a great fit and the dual use is a nice feature. Some of those who have them will let you know...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I've got one on my ST and love it! He's upgraded the design to allow for easier adjustment which is sweet!! Personally, I think the look is more in line with the ST in both the front and back position!!

If your asking whether you should get one - I have no reasons why you shouldn't and a lot of reasons why you should!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Got it, use it, love it. Very easy to use tool they send works but not really enough torque to keep rest in the set position you choose so I keep a ratchet and the proper socket to get it tight.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

New ones don't need a tool anymore - he said its a quick ratchet like on the backrest pad! Unfortunately he said I can't retrofit my version - so I keep the tool velcro'd in the frunk.

Spyder Garage

Default SmoothSpyder Back Rest

I just put one on my 2013 ST and I love it! It is easy to install and Jim has a video on his web site that definitely helped me to envision as to how it was attached. I ordered it I believe on Friday and it was delivered on Monday and I installed it that same day. Look on his web site under "Photos". The Black ST Spyder with the sheep skin on the seat is my baby. It is easy to adjust. You have to play with it to get adjusted to your preference. Jim is a nice gentleman to deal with.

Dennis
    Last edited by djhobin; 02-12-2015 at 02:55 AM.
    2013 ST , Black

full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

Default STOP ! Please inform

What, what who who, where where? Never heard of this one. I am (or should I say my wife is) operating with the stock OEM passenger backrest. I have nothing, riding single or 2 up. Please inform this poor soul on what he has been missing.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

was wondering who has more info on this backrest...who is Jim? cost,where to order? thanks

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smoothspyder.com

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Slick set-up.

Spyder Garage

Had my SmoothSpyder Backrest 2 years come April and been very happy with it.

When riding solo on long journeys I have the backrest so I'm barely touching it when in my normal riding position. This allows me to do my normal moving around when going around corners but on the straights I can push myself slightly back and upright allowing the backrest to support me and give my arms a rest. It's surprising how much this little change in posture helps you keep comfortable on the long trips.

No experienced of it as a pillion but my daughter says it's comfortable and she feels more secure.

I ride all weathers and there's been no sign of rust, corrosion etc.

Bought mine from a supplier in Australia but as NoLmtz posted Jim's site is:
    http://www.smoothspyder.com
    Phone: 305-258-0408
    E-mail: jim@smoothspyder.com