Thread: Dust Covers

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Dust Covers

I need to replace one of the dust caps that covers the nut on the front spindle. I also noticed that when I checked the one on the other side it takes very little pressure to remove it. Is there an aftermarket cap that works better than the plastic oem caps. I think I will put a little clear silicone on them to help hold them in place. Also what is the cost of the oem covers because if they're all like mine I'm sure someone else has lost one.

Spyder Garage

Year and model of your Spyder? FWIW, on several models of 2014s the part is called Wheel Cap, Part #704401100, $4.99 from the BRP parts catalog. Look under Drive System, Front. I have read on SL of some folks using silicone to seal the cap on their machines.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Sorry about that it's a 2014 RT

Spyder Garage

I used some silicone sealant on mine....did a survey on a Spyder ride with about 12 Spyders -- about half of them were missing one or both of their front caps! So....I did add the silicone dab on each cap on my 2014 to prevent loss... Never checked my 2012!
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just ordered two wheel caps from BRP. I thought I would go ahead and get an extra since shipping was going to be the same. $6.99 shipping was cheaper than driving 160 miles round trip to the dealer. Thank's for the info.