Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F3 Questions

Spyder Garage

Default F3 Questions

1. Will the bajaron sway bar upgrade be required on the F3 or has BRP taken care of that issue in their design

2. Since the F3 has its 1330 ace engine exposed how easy is it to get to the oil dip stick.

3. Can you install footboards on the F3 in the normal spyder riding position like the ST Limited while also having the forward control with footpegs as designed.

4. Is it any easier getting to the air valve on the rear tire.
    Last edited by Doug; 10-24-2014 at 05:06 AM.
    2017 F3-S , circuit yellow

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default F3 questions...

Check the thread Len and Lamont made (walk-around video) in the F3 section about the different features about the F3. Len shows where you remove a small panel to check the oil - very easy access. Don't know about the checking the tire pressure, tho.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    1. Will the bajaron sway bar upgrade be required on the F3 or has BRP taken care of that issue in their design

2. Since the F3 has its 1330 ace engine exposed how easy is it to get to the oil dip stick.

3. Can you install footboards on the F3 in the normal spyder riding position like the ST Limited while also having the forward control with footpegs as designed.

The Bajaron sway bar is great if your riding style requires it or you want to eliminate body roll. I had it on my RT and loved it, It will give more stability in crosswinds, Tractor trailer back wash and so on. But it is not a requirement on any Spyder. A sway bar will not give your spyder a stiffer ride or a softer ride, that's the job of the Shock/springs. I would hope the F3 has adjustable shocks to allow the ride to be adjusted without buying new shocks. The '14 RT's do not have adjustable shocks and I feel they could be a real benefit. Lets face it, not all riders are 175 lbs. or 220 lbs. Every bike has a different load and should you should be able to compensate for that by having adjustable shocks.
    Checking oil is not that hard on any of the Spyders. How hard could it be.
    Rear Tire air valve: if it was turned the other way we'd never find it. It is a Spyder trademark.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StanProff View Post
    The Bajaron sway bar is great if your riding style requires it or you want to eliminate body roll. I had it on my RT and loved it, It will give more stability in crosswinds, Tractor trailer back wash and so on. But it is not a requirement on any Spyder. A sway bar will not give your spyder a stiffer ride or a softer ride, that's the job of the Shock/springs. I would hope the F3 has adjustable shocks to allow the ride to be adjusted without buying new shocks. The '14 RT's do not have adjustable shocks and I feel they could be a real benefit. Lets face it, not all riders are 175 lbs. or 220 lbs. Every bike has a different load and should you should be able to compensate for that by having adjustable shocks.
    Checking oil is not that hard on any of the Spyders. How hard could it be.
    Rear Tire air valve: if it was turned the other way we'd never find it. It is a Spyder trademark.
    sorry about the stupid question, but I guess it made your day!
    2017 F3-S , circuit yellow

Spyder Garage

Not saying it won't help but I didn't feel a need for it.

There is a cover on top of the right side that is very easy to get to for checking your oil.

No, not with anything that is available from BRP.

Same wheel but the sprocket is much larger. Didn't notice if that's going to make it worst of better.

Spyder Garage

sorry about the stupid question, but I guess it made your day!
    I'm champ of stupid questions BUT they are more easily handled than stupid mistakes.
    2015 RTSE, Red Pearl, Shorty Antenna, Chrome Rear Rack, Deer Whistles, BajaRon Anti-sway Bar

Spyder Garage

If they put the tire valve on the other side I would think that it would make seating the tire pretty much impossible unless you remove the rear sprocket and put the tire on the other side but then you run into clearance issues with the tire machine. I guess you won't have a problem if you put the tire on by hand but dealers won't do that.

Spyder Garage

Default No Question is Stupid

Nothing wrong with asking in my opinion. I imagine the lighter weight and lower center of gravity will help the F3 in the handling department. It's possible it may not even need a heavy duty anti-sway bar. The access panel for the oil dip stick is a great idea and I don't mind which side the valve stem is on as long as it's easy to get a tire guage or an air chuck onto it. A right angle stem is often better than a straight one.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Not saying it won't help but I didn't feel a need for it.

There is a cover on top of the right side that is very easy to get to for checking your oil.

No, not with anything that is available from BRP.

Same wheel but the sprocket is much larger. Didn't notice if that's going to make it worst of better.
    I sure agree with number 1...... and I have always thought the sway bar was a necessity on all other models
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Default BRP FOOTBOARDS on a F3S

Foot boards are listed in the 2015 BRP accessories catalog, on page 57 for the F3S, BUT probably as a stand alone item, not to be used with the foot pegs as has already been noted above.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by den1953 View Post
    Nothing wrong with asking in my opinion.
    There are no stupid questions; only answers that might need a bit more explaining...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by doctorlbug View Post
    Foot boards are listed in the 2015 BRP accessories catalog, on page 57 for the F3S, BUT probably as a stand alone item, not to be used with the foot pegs as has already been noted above.
    I was told they integrate with uFit and adjust to position just like the pegs would have..
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Default F3 question

Can the driver floorboard be used with the SM6 or is it pegs only? Sorry if I'm highjacking the thread but I figured it was with other questions.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Olddood View Post
    Can the driver floorboard be used with the SM6 or is it pegs only? Sorry if I'm highjacking the thread but I figured it was with other questions.
    It's my understanding that you can get 2 footboards to replace each of the pegs -- this is for either the SE6 or the SM6. Hope that's what you meant.
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I can't speak to your other questions.
    As to the sway bar...........I'm a big fan of BajaRon and his products.
    On my 2010 RT I upgraded the spark plug wires and installed the RonBar and RonLinks.
    The RonBar was essential on my 2010. The RonLinks were for peace of mind.

On my 2014 RT, I didn't feel there was any necessity to upgrade the suspension. The stock suspension is, in my opinion, quite excellent. BRP learned a lot from previous years and put that information to good use.
    I did, however get the RonLinks for the same peace of mind. Replacing the OEM plastic links with the metal RonLinks does nothing for performance, it's just more reliable.

I can only imagine that the F3 suspension is equally as good.

As always, my free advice comes with a double your money back guarantee.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Default Because I haven't seen it.....

I still can't imagine why the stock peg couldn't be bolted on at, say, position 1 or 2, with the floorboard in position 4. Unless that peg on 1 or 2 would interfere with the brake linkage, it seems like a no-brainer......but again, I haven't seen an F3 in person yet, so how's that for speaking from a position of authority?
    F3S Steel Black Metallic
    Former owner of '12 RT-S SE-5 and '09 GS SM5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by doctorlbug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerDoc View Post
    I was told they integrate with uFit and adjust to position just like the pegs would have..
    They were on display at the recent Long Beach bike show. They have floorboards for both the rider and passenger. The floorboards are moveable as part of the UFit system.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Do they offer a F3 with one of the windshields to Demo at the demo days?
    2014 Silver Platinum ST Limited: Mods so far: fog lights, passenger backrest, ultimate seat w/driver backrest, rivco drink holder bracket with ram x-grip cell phone holder

Spyder Garage

Default F3 Question Windshield

One of the F3s at the Int'l MC show (the one with Floor Boards) did have a windshield on it.
    2013 ST , Black

Spyder Garage

Floor boards for F3??
    2015 F3-S. And Another Day To Be My Kids Dad

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by djhobin View Post
    One of the F3s at the Int'l MC show (the one with Floor Boards) did have a windshield on it.
    Thank you. Planning on demoing next weekend but I really want to ride with a windshield to get the true feel as I wouldn't ride without a windshield. Trying to d code between the F3 and a 14 ST.
    2014 Silver Platinum ST Limited: Mods so far: fog lights, passenger backrest, ultimate seat w/driver backrest, rivco drink holder bracket with ram x-grip cell phone holder

Spyder Garage

Given that choice, and having ridden both, you'll ride the F3 home... personally, I think the F3 is the kiss of death for the ST
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Kiss of Death"?
    Maybe not; but it will make deciding, a whole lot tougher!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Given that choice, and having ridden both, you'll ride the F3 home... personally, I think the F3 is the kiss of death for the ST
    Why is that?
    Marilyn 2023 RTL Red
    John 2023 RTL Black

previous:
    2015 RTS SE6 Red
    2015 F3S SE6 Silver
    2011 RT SM5 Silver
    2013 STS SM5 Silver

"common sense will prevail....but we see no sign of that"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderRx View Post
    Do they offer a F3 with one of the windshields to Demo at the demo days?
    At the Long Beach motorcycle show where I demo'd the F3 they did not have one available. They only had bikes with the bars and footpeg (the uFit system) located in numerically assigned positions based upon your size. They were numbered 1-5, with #1 being for the shortest riders and #5 being for the tallest. I was assigned to ride a #3, but because of my short arms and legs I found it to be incorrect. They had both the F3 and the F3S available, with both manual and SE transmissions. However, none of the touring accessories were available for demo. When I inquired I was told that the touring accessories were still in the prototype/pre-production phase and will not be available for demoing until January.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6