Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: spyderquest

Spyder Garage

Honestly, not that it is close enough for us to attend, but I too had been wondering if the areas for vendors and such would be open to the non registered visitors. The clarification about the location to be only open to paid participants makes a good viable answer.

In regards to ideas for another time, possibly the vendor areas could be located on the property where it is accessible to the public, and other stuff would be paid participants only. I do not know the location or the layout, so this may pose a control and security concern.

If anything, the Quadfather sounds like he is on board to check out some stuff for his Spyder and let cash trade hands when needed. Sadly, he won't be able to this time.

FWIW, we have a similar situation here. While we do see other local Spyders on occasion, unless we make the trip North, we ride by ourselves and have fun doing it. As for mods and such...it would be cool to see what vendors offer, but overall at this point enough has been spent on this toy.

PK

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by quadfather View Post
    wow! doesn't seem very user friendly. I understand your situation. but maybe with future gatherings , we can make it so anyone interested could just go check it out. like at bike week , or americade , or any bike gathering I have been to in the past. i'm new to the spyder community. and i wanted to just come look at the bikes , parts displays ect. just to get an idea of what's out there. but with my busy schedule it would have to be on short notice.
    +1

Spyder Garage

Hi - looking to buy and make an appointment to have a swayback installed. Can someone let me know how much and let me know how to make an appointment. It's for a Can Am RSS 2011. Thanks - can't wait to see everyone
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Givi Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nicole, contact rnet by pm or go to home page and click on netzley tire. they are now a site sponsor. looking forward to seeing you guys again!!

as to all the comments being placed about spyderquest not being spyderlover friendly, as an organizer, as a hard working business man who dedicates over five hours a week to help organizing this event and as an attendee, I think I can speak for 240 plus people disagreeing with that comment. over 240 people haven't registered because we aren't friendly. it's just the opposite. that is the reason over 90 people from last year are coming back again, and why we have 240 instead of 118 from the inception year. we are not trying to exclude people from the event in any way shape or manor. we are looking to make it a great event and a safe event. growing slowly and being able to manage increases in attendance are something we are watching closely.
    as to vendors, we had non the first year. this year we have about 9 or 10. this is not the major attraction for spyderquest 2014, but venture to say it will grow each year!! who knows, it might become the center of attraction in years to come. personally I am having web boards installed there, and am hoping to have reggy from tricled tackle a few more leds for me. who knows what else will happen with the spyder?
    it's a real kick in the can when people criticize something they know very little about. pm me anytime with creative critique and we'll listen to you all!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Consider yourself lucky there are people like the New York group who VOLUNTEER

Spydaman60...I 110% agree with your post.
    I don't understand how some people can go off on Volunteers who out of the goodness of their hearts spend their personal time working to do something good for others. If it weren't for you and the other hard-working people who put this together there would be no Spyderquest at all! I for one am thankful for people like the New York crew who do their best. My wife and I were there last year and had a fantastic time. We're going again this year, and plan to go as long as there is a Spyderquest to go to.

I APPLAUD the organizers for having the dedication and commitment to ADD EVEN MORE to Spyderquest than there was last year. Keep up the great work, and please don't let the whiners get the better of you. If I ever have any constructive criticism to give I'll give it respectfully and VOLUNTEER to help fix whatever it is I'd like to see improved.

I'm looking forward to Spyderquest 2014, 15....and(?)
    I hope it continues and THANK YOU ALL

Spyder Garage

Default Take my money,please.

I'm coming to spyderquest for the day on Fri. I thought I was going to spend a boatload of cash at the vendor area but I guess not. Still looking forward to seeing all the spyders.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mindman View Post
    Spydaman60...I 110% agree with your post.
    I don't understand how some people can go off on Volunteers who out of the goodness of their hearts spend their personal time working to do something good for others. If it weren't for you and the other hard-working people who put this together there would be no Spyderquest at all! I for one am thankful for people like the New York crew who do their best. My wife and I were there last year and had a fantastic time.
    I don't see where anyone went off on the organizers of the event. They made comments on what they felt might help to attract those that cannot be there for more than 1 day. I won't go into those comments because you can read them for yourself. As for the term non-friendly/unfriendly, was that bad? I don't know; I didn't say it. I for one wouldn't want to be tasked to organize an event of this size and growing.

Spyder Garage

Biggest spyder event I've been to was the ride at Ingles performance with 54.

Can't wait for the Quest

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    Nicole, contact rnet by pm or go to home page and click on netzley tire. they are now a site sponsor. looking forward to seeing you guys again!!

as to all the comments being placed about spyderquest not being spyderlover friendly, as an organizer, as a hard working business man who dedicates over five hours a week to help organizing this event and as an attendee, I think I can speak for 240 plus people disagreeing with that comment. over 240 people haven't registered because we aren't friendly. it's just the opposite. that is the reason over 90 people from last year are coming back again, and why we have 240 instead of 118 from the inception year. we are not trying to exclude people from the event in any way shape or manor. we are looking to make it a great event and a safe event. growing slowly and being able to manage increases in attendance are something we are watching closely.
    as to vendors, we had non the first year. this year we have about 9 or 10. this is not the major attraction for spyderquest 2014, but venture to say it will grow each year!! who knows, it might become the center of attraction in years to come. personally I am having web boards installed there, and am hoping to have reggy from tricled tackle a few more leds for me. who knows what else will happen with the spyder?
    it's a real kick in the can when people criticize something they know very little about. pm me anytime with creative critique and we'll listen to you all!

I can't say thank you enough to the organizers and volunteers. I am riding up from Texas FOR THIS EVENT! And while I'm all about browsing vendor tents thinking I'll get a fantastic deal, the reality is you can get everything any other time; and what I'm driving 1,800 miles to come see are not vendors, but supposedly some of the best scenery in America! Now, for disclosure, I am getting a sway bar installed when I arrive, but that's only because it's convenient, not because I can't get it any other time and the price is the same.

So congrats to those involved and thank you. While I can empathize with those that are late to the registration and want to 'stop by', I can fully appreciate the logistics of such an endeavor, particularly at such a venue (GEL).

So, my only advice to those complaining... don't get negative, SpyderLovers is a fantastic community of folks that enjoy life! Embrace it and plan ahead next year, work positively with the planners and who knows, maybe some stand-by slots become available, or the venue allows it to expand... but be courteous and gracious. As a side-note, GEL was originally fully booked, and I went online in late July to see if they had any rooms available (cancellations, etc.). This was going to determine whether I went or not... and sure enough, they had rooms. So, stay positive, work with everyone and let's ride together like Spyders do!!

PS - Spydaman60, I like your stripes. I will want to talk to you about them when I get there!

Jon

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NoLmtz View Post
    I can't say thank you enough to the organizers and volunteers. I am riding up from Texas FOR THIS EVENT! And while I'm all about browsing vendor tents thinking I'll get a fantastic deal, the reality is you can get everything any other time; and what I'm driving 1,800 miles to come see are not vendors, but supposedly some of the best scenery in America! Now, for disclosure, I am getting a sway bar installed when I arrive, but that's only because it's convenient, not because I can't get it any other time and the price is the same.

So congrats to those involved and thank you. While I can empathize with those that are late to the registration and want to 'stop by', I can fully appreciate the logistics of such an endeavor, particularly at such a venue (GEL).

So, my only advice to those complaining... don't get negative, SpyderLovers is a fantastic community of folks that enjoy life! Embrace it and plan ahead next year, work positively with the planners and who knows, maybe some stand-by slots become available, or the venue allows it to expand... but be courteous and gracious. As a side-note, GEL was originally fully booked, and I went online in late July to see if they had any rooms available (cancellations, etc.). This was going to determine whether I went or not... and sure enough, they had rooms. So, stay positive, work with everyone and let's ride together like Spyders do!!

PS - Spydaman60, I like your stripes. I will want to talk to you about them when I get there!

Jon
    a big thank you jon. big enough I might even put you in touch with my buddy who did them!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post

Thank you. looking forward to seeing you again too !
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Givi Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake

Spyder Garage

Default Canadian visitors

wow! doesn't seem very user friendly. I understand your situation. but maybe with future gatherings , we can make it so anyone interested could just go check it out. like at bike week , or americade , or any bike gathering I have been to in the past. i'm new to the spyder community. and i wanted to just come look at the bikes , parts displays ect. just to get an idea of what's out there. but with my busy schedule it would have to be on short notice.

We are a group of 8 Canadian Spyder owners and we are also VERY disappointed that we won't have access to the vendors. For personal reasons, some members could not register for the event before August 2, but we thought we could do it at the gate. We understand having to know in advance the number of participants for some events, but why can't we walk around the vendors?
    We are regular participants in the Americades and other events of the kind and one of our pleasures is seeing what's new and available for Spyders. This being said, we have a lot of respect for the organizers and volunteers.
    Last edited by jcgirouard; 08-16-2014 at 08:44 AM. Reason: incomplete

Spyder Garage

wow! doesn't seem very user friendly. I understand your situation. but maybe with future gatherings , we can make it so anyone interested could just go check it out. like at bike week , or americade , or any bike gathering I have been to in the past. i'm new to the spyder community. and i wanted to just come look at the bikes , parts displays etc. just to get an idea of what's out there. but with my busy schedule it would have to be on short notice.
    I can certainly understand why events and rides would close out. But some people might like to just go to meet people, check out all the bikes, and utilize the services of the venders, without taking part in the events that are maxed out. There should be an accommodation to allow that sort of thing. If there was, both the event holder and the vendors would make more of a profit. I know it's their party and they can close it off if they want, but..... you're right, quadfather. Posting a message that essentially says "Registration closed. No one else is welcome" doesn't seem all that friendly.

Just my opinion. Doesn't count for much. I know everyone who pre-registered will have a GREAT time!!!
    Last edited by robmorg; 08-16-2014 at 04:21 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

I would imagine you could just show up and enjoy lake George and not participate in the events. it is a free country last time I checked. so you should be able to ride on your own as far as the vendors go . why couldn't you just pay the parks entry fee? or is the entire park closed to just the registered guests ? it really is a shame that it's set up that way. i'm sure the vendors would rather see more traffic thru their displays. like I said before it's just my opinion, but many seem to agree. well it's food for thought to the events organizers for next year.

Spyder Garage

Let's crash the gate doin 98.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bensonoid View Post
    Let's crash the gate doin 98.
    maybe we could have our own super secret private gathering for non registered riders LOL.

Spyder Garage

maybe we could have our own super secret private gathering for non registered riders LOL.
    I hear ya. Seriously though, hats off to the guys and gals putting this thing on. If they continue to invest a big chunk of their free time into this it will rival americade. I'll be there to support this thing and ogle all the girls er I mean.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyderquest

Quote Originally Posted by vided View Post
    +1
    We were thinking about coming over for the day and wanted to check out the vendors, etc. but, I guess that's not going to happen now. Maybe you could charge a nominal fee to enter the vendor area next year? Just a thought for those of us who can' make the whole weekend. We only live a couple of hours away, and have been to Americade many times and just pay to go to the vendor area. Oh well.

Spyder Garage

I think there is a lot of good information here that should be considered for further events. I wasn't sure that we were going to be able to make it either but took the gamble and registered anyway as to not loose a spot. There is nothing for sure in life whether we'll be here tomorrow. Point being I would register and if a situation came up and you couldn't make it I'm sure your money would have been refunded.

That being said HATS OFF AND KOODOHS TO ALL THE VOLUNTEERS. JOB WELL DONE

Spyder Garage

Anyone doing installs of spyder pops bumpskid ?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kawakii View Post
    Anyone doing installs of spyder pops bumpskid ?
    PM me, we will set it up with your alignment.

Spyder Garage

Anyone from Michigan going to spyderquest?