Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Another seat question, shout out to Motorcycle Dave

Me and the wife have the "comfort" seat on our 14 RT-S but the comfort is really lacking. Me being so tall I really like the additional leg room but the seat just sits wrong. We went this weekend and tried a Corbin "Lamonster cut" seat and we like the seat but I hate the leg room, it's missing! Has anybody had any stock seat reworked by Motorcycle Dave? I found him on here and seen that he does custom reworks of stock seats but would like to hear if it works. Here's kinda what we are after,... the rear back rest needs to be slightly thinner, with me moved back she has less room. Both "butt sections" need something done so we can ride longer than 50 miles at a time. My wife says it feels like she is sitting on something and she is trying to roll off of it? The back section does feel kinda hard in the middle. For me it feels like I'm always sliding forward. The Corbin Lamonster cut is the answer but without the additional leg room I can't use that seat. Looking for input................

Spyder Garage

Default Best Seat Out there

Get a seat by Ultimate Seats. I got mine last year at Thunder Beach and have never been happier. My wife loves the feeling of this seat so much better when she is on back. I love it for long trips, no more numb butt and I have gone for about 12 hours straight before I needed to stop for the day. Check them out, you won't be disappointed.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Best Seat

I would look at Hartcoseats.com for a custom built seat. I have a Diamond seat on my Goldwing, and love it . Made by the same company as Hartco, truly built to customer requirements

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mkosma View Post
    Get a seat by Ultimate Seats. I got mine last year at Thunder Beach and have never been happier. My wife loves the feeling of this seat so much better when she is on back. I love it for long trips, no more numb butt and I have gone for about 12 hours straight before I needed to stop for the day. Check them out, you won't be disappointed.
    I had an Ultimate on my 13 and it was not for me, it would cause "hot spots" on the back of my thighs.