Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: non-ethanol gas

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmccaffrey View Post
    RememberE=BajaRon;852175]The computeris aadjustment angle may have some validity. But it is also very difficult to get an accurate MPG reading from 1 tank of fuel. With the small amount at fill up (usually 5 gallons or less) and the variance you can easily get with 'Full', it is very easy to get an inaccurate mileage number with just 1 tank.

I agree Ron but as I stated Citgo Is about the only ones around here that carry it. Availability is the problem.
    Not worth the drive looking all over.
    Remember as a youngster could by 110 at the pump. Saturday night fuel[/QUOTE]

Any of the racetrac gas stations in our area, will have it. Valero also has it. I can find it in several stations around Norwich, Sherburne, Oxford, and Utica.

Just sayin'............
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Living at the lake there is no-eth to be had at several locations since the 2stroke marine engines require it. I've got (don't laugh) somewhere around 15 vehicles (cars, motorcycles, watercraft) and other than the diesels and the wife's newish car they all get no-eth, either 87 or 91 depending on the vehicle.

With only two drivers my stuff sits a lot, and eth is just horrible for that. Moisture build up and all. I use sta-bil and real gas and everything keeps running.

I keep a 1 gal rotopak in the spyder just in case..but I know when I make a trip I'll have to sully it with ethanol...I'll use a treatment of some kind.

Spyder Garage

Default gas

I live near carrollton ga. ther are at least 4 - 5 stations within 20 miles of my house that sell non-ethanol gas price runs around $4.09 per gallon
    Quote Originally Posted by TuckMiddle View Post
    Sure it's better to use non-ethanol. We have a few pumps Scattered around N GA, but you'd go crazy running to one for every fillup, to say nothing of the extra $1 per gallon - eithey charge. $4.50 to $4.75 a gallon. 10% or so better mileage is great, but the performance is even better. So, I buy it when convenient. The local suppliers that carry it are normally 9-5 and closed on weekends. Our local tiny market near the lake Carries it, but is closed A lot of the time and has one pump and a small tank. Life is so tough!! Biggest thing is not to use the 15%ethanol under any circumstance. But, I'll bet we all know that already. Be careful out there!! Cb