Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Cold idle issue - 2013 STS

Anyone had this one ? Just started, on a cold start if I don't burp the throttle it will stall once or twice. Fine once it gets warmed up, seems to idle correctly (RPM's). Changed a tank of gas, dealer said to bring it in for codes, but I was curious.

full time RV'er on the road. Well we were. Now, 6 months in ThreeRivers Mi and 6 months in Apache
    Spyder Garage

I'm riding a '13 ST with 5000 on the clock. Somewhere in the last 500 or so, mine has begun to start a little slower when cold, but no stalling at all yet and then fine once it is warm. However, mine burns about 8 oz.of oil in about 500 miles. Could these be related? Dirty plugs? Does yours burn any oil to speak of?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fulltimer View Post
    I'm riding a '13 ST with 5000 on the clock. Somewhere in the last 500 or so, mine has begun to start a little slower when cold, but no stalling at all yet and then fine once it is warm. However, mine burns about 8 oz.of oil in about 500 miles. Could these be related? Dirty plugs? Does yours burn any oil to speak of?

I have 13 ST Limited, I burned about 1-1/2 quarts in the 1st 4500 miles. I have 6900 miles on now and have had to add no more oil. Changed the oil at 5500 and have not had to add. It does sound like it turns over slightly slower than before.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's not an oil burner at this point.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

See if you might have some cracked vacuum hoses.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks.