Spyder Garage

Default USED EBC BRAKE PADS LASTED ONLY 1000 MILES HELP!

I am looking for experiences using EBC brake pads. Recently put EBC brake pads in my good buddies 2011 RT SM5, front and rear. I used EBC Organic pads, front #FA474, rear #FA473, and he only got about 1,000 miles in heavy stop and go traffic. Rear pads are almost completly worn down and fronts are worn very much, and have large amounts of brake dust on front and back wheels. I have used the same pads on my girls 2009 RS SM5 and have no dust and very little wear. (she does more highway driving with alot less use of the brakes) When I installed pads on the 2011 RT I made sure that the parking brake was adjusted properly, no binding when off, and I let bike roll down my steep driveway to confirm that all brakes were not in bind. Any opinions, thoughts or experiences are welome. (P.S. In the past my buddy got 22,000 miles out of 2 sets of BRP OEM brake pads installed by dealer with minor accumulation of dust on front and rear wheeels, and in the past he has had a bad habit of riding the brake pedal with his foot, but he swears he does not do it anymore) I have another set of EBC organic pads that I am going to install today, local dealer does not stock BRP OEM brake pads, and he wants to ride asap, I guess that i will find out how long this set lasts. Has anyone used EBC V semi-sintered brake pads front #FA474V, rear FA473V.
    Thank You for any input Tom n Carol SI,NY

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MISTERZ06 View Post
    I am looking for experiences using EBC brake pads. Recently put EBC brake pads in my good buddies 2011 RT SM5, front and rear. I used EBC Organic pads, front #FA474, rear #FA473, and he only got about 1,000 miles in heavy stop and go traffic. Rear pads are almost completly worn down and fronts are worn very much, and have large amounts of brake dust on front and back wheels. I have used the same pads on my girls 2009 RS SM5 and have no dust and very little wear. (she does more highway driving with alot less use of the brakes) When I installed pads on the 2011 RT I made sure that the parking brake was adjusted properly, no binding when off, and I let bike roll down my steep driveway to confirm that all brakes were not in bind. Any opinions, thoughts or experiences are welome. (P.S. In the past my buddy got 22,000 miles out of 2 sets of BRP OEM brake pads installed by dealer with minor accumulation of dust on front and rear wheeels, and in the past he has had a bad habit of riding the brake pedal with his foot, but he swears he does not do it anymore) I have another set of EBC organic pads that I am going to install today, local dealer does not stock BRP OEM brake pads, and he wants to ride asap, I guess that i will find out how long this set lasts. Has anyone used EBC V semi-sintered brake pads front #FA474V, rear FA473V.
    Thank You for any input Tom n Carol SI,NY
    If memory serves me, the pads should be of the sintered kind. Organic will be eaten up fast.

Spyder Garage

I use EBC V. Rear pads over 11k looks good for running till 22 k

Spyder Garage

See BajaRon site...he sells what you need. Good guy to deal with.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)