Thread: Vibration

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Vibration

On our way home from the dealer last week, I noticed a mild vibration at 72 mph on our new 2014 RT Ltd... felt like it was coming from the front wheels. Backed off to 70 where it was smooth. Back up to 72 and vibration again. Slowed down and back up a couple more times... same vibration. Only 300 miles on it and tire pressure checked okay before going to the dealer. I don't think the dealer did anything while it was in the shop... just had two extra keys cut & programmed. Anyone else have similar problem? If so, how did you fix it?
    2014 RT Limited
    1998 Honda Helix Scooter

Spyder Garage

Red face Tires

A dynamic balance will likely cure the problem. Far better than the static balance from the factory. imo

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Default Belt Tension?

I had my '14 3k mile service done at the dealer last week and that includes checking the belt tension. When I rode the 150 miles home, I immediately noticed the foot peg vibration between 74-80 mph was barely noticeable. I'm thinking the dealer may have adjusted the belt slightly.........

Spyder Garage

Default Let's see..!!

front end on that many miles...gotta be balance, or tires although a laser alignment could help. (if it hasn't been done) To new to be the other culprits. Vibration on the hands/bars will be front end vibration on the feet come from belt/engine....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

Default vibration

Did you get the vibration issue resolved? We have a similar vibration in our 2014 RTS.

Spyder Garage

Default vibration

Quote Originally Posted by kool rider View Post
    On our way home from the dealer last week, I noticed a mild vibration at 72 mph on our new 2014 RT Ltd... felt like it was coming from the front wheels. Backed off to 70 where it was smooth. Back up to 72 and vibration again. Slowed down and back up a couple more times... same vibration. Only 300 miles on it and tire pressure checked okay before going to the dealer. I don't think the dealer did anything while it was in the shop... just had two extra keys cut & programmed. Anyone else have similar problem? If so, how did you fix it?
    I understand that several 2014 RT's have had the same problem and that was caused by a batch of bad tires...You might want to check on that....

Freebob..

Spyder Garage

Bad front tires. One of my friend had the same problem. BRP replace his front tires at no charge.

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdr View Post
    Bad front tires. One of my friend had the same problem. BRP replace his front tires at no charge.
    Thank you will check with my dealer.

Spyder Garage

Default New tires did it for us too

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdr View Post
    Had the same problem, BRP replaced the front tires, brake rotor and pads.... problem gone... no vibration.
    Took a year of bitching and 2 case numbers.

Spyder Garage

Default Vibration

Most 14 RT Ltd's have Belt vibration in the 70-80 mph range. It is very long belt. A belt stabilizer helps sometimes.

Mine still vibrates a little even with a stabilizer. You get used it and ignore it.

My 13 rt ltd vibrates from 45 and up.
    2015 RTS Ltd Spyderpops bumpskid, Dual Isci Hand Brake ,Baker Wind Wings

2016 Polaris Slingshot SL

Spyder Garage

I had the exact same problem. My dealer adjusted the belt during my initial service and that got rid of about 98% of the vibration.