Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I am a spyderlovers junkie. The first thing I thought was that my "pusher, my supplier - Lamonster" had up and left me high and dry leaving me begging for more but then rational thought kicked in and I realized it was probably hardware related. Hey Lamonster don't ever do that again......my need for a daily check and sometimes multiple a day check of spyderlovers is just too great !!!!!!!

Thanks for all your hard and dedicated work !

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Today was not a good server day for me. All my bike sites went down around 11:30pm last night and we didn't get them back for about 12 hours. Turns out I had two hard drives fail, the main one and the backup. Good thing they had another backup on the server so now that seems to be fine.

About the same time SpyderLovers went down. This is on a server on the other side of the country and has nothing to do with my bike sites. This became more of a problem because there was a load on cpanel that was causing it to crash. When my server guy got it up and running he left thinking all was good. When I started to shoot him emails that it went down again there was nothing he could do till he got back to the office. Turns out that was about an hour ago.

On a positive note the site is growing. I checked my analytics and SpyderLovers has grown 52% in the last 30 days traffic wise and that has caused even more load on the server. Not like this is a huge site but it is shared with another good size site and between the two of them it pulls pretty hard on the server we have now. Looks like we will do another upgrade and hope that keeps us going for a while.

I got a ton of emails and a few phone calls and I am truly sorry for the downtime and I wish I could say it will never happen again but I can't. All I can do is deal with it when it happens and make adjustments where needed. Cross your fingers that it will be good for a while longer now.
    ever thought of a raid? its hot swapable ya know

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jeuchler View Post
    Lamont

I can appreciate your frustration, but I'll be one of the first to say, no apology is necessary.

Thanks (again) for all your efforts on our behalf.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I thought I had been banned!!!

Glad the site is back. It's like my daily dose of crack! (besides ryding my spyder of course!)

Mod Maniac
    Spyder Garage

You were. How'd you get back in?

Quote Originally Posted by Bersquack View Post
    I thought I had been banned!!!

Glad the site is back. It's like my daily dose of crack! (besides ryding my spyder of course!)

Spyder Garage

yesterday was the slowest day at work without SL went out during the lockout and laid a patch with a demo unit in the parking lot, felt a lot better after that

Mod Maniac
    Spyder Garage

Heh, heh... I did that last night as I was leaving the weekly coffee get-together of my riding group.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    yesterday was the slowest day at work without SL went out during the lockout and laid a patch with a demo unit in the parking lot, felt a lot better after that

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Today was not a good server day for me. All my bike sites went down around 11:30pm last night and we didn't get them back for about 12 hours. Turns out I had two hard drives fail, the main one and the backup. Good thing they had another backup on the server so now that seems to be fine.
    What are your server specs? Can I help bounce you ideas for an upgrade? Don't worry, I'm not selling any products. I just run the IT program for a college and wouldn't mind helping you out.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Glad we are back up. Being so new, different and full of complicated electronics, I don't think i would have bought the Spyder without knowing I had the support this site provides.

Thanks Lamont for hosting it. You da man