Spyder Garage

Default RT SE6 shift error, won't go into first, and Eco mode

2014 RT se6 with 800 miles,
    had this happen twice, from a stand still in neutral I tried to shift into 1st with the paddle shifter only to get no reaction. I found if I shifted into reverse and then to first it worked? I have also observed the "E" in the display on two occasions. Not to worried at this time but will have dealer enter in on the work order at first service. The Eco mode was very helpful in learning the best rpm to shift. Seems to be between 2500 and 3000 RPM. I now shift by ear and love the semi- auto and don't need Eco mode on.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by steve0530 View Post
    2014 RT se6 with 800 miles,
    had this happen twice, from a stand still in neutral I tried to shift into 1st with the paddle shifter only to get no reaction. I found if I shifted into reverse and then to first it worked? I have also observed the "E" in the display on two occasions. Not to worried at this time but will have dealer enter in on the work order at first service. The Eco mode was very helpful in learning the best rpm to shift. Seems to be between 2500 and 3000 RPM. I now shift by ear and love the semi- auto and don't need Eco mode on.
    i believe the E is gear position sensor error

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Similar

Once in awhile I will get the E code (briefly) and sometimes RT will die.....it can happen either R or 1st gear ... for me it appears to be all about letting "Studly" warm up a little longer...so now I start .. then put on helmet, gloves, glasses and never have an issue. Hope the cure is as simple for your RT.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    Once in awhile I will get the E code (briefly) and sometimes RT will die.....it can happen either R or 1st gear ... for me it appears to be all about letting "Studly" warm up a little longer...so now I start .. then put on helmet, gloves, glasses and never have an issue. Hope the cure is as simple for your RT.
    Thanks, for the most part I do just what you do. Never had it die on me yet.

Spyder Garage

You did have your foot on the brake didn't you? Took me a bit to figure that out as the earlier ones didn't require it.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Have also experienced your issue about three times. Mine likes to do it if I shut off within 5 miles (gas stop usually) Put into gear and it kills. Restart not a problem though.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red