Spyder Garage

Default Spyders in the Smokies

Can anyone tell me if they have been to this before, I heard it is something to do with the one in Myrtle Beach? And is anyone going, I see it is last of October thanks ahead of time for any input.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I believe that this is a first for the promoter in the Smokies. They did the Myrtle Beach event, which was about the same time as Spyderfest, and I never heard much about it afterwards. I do not believe that the promoter is a sponsor here so you won't get much info about it here.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I believe that this is a first for the promoter in the Smokies. They did the Myrtle Beach event, which was about the same time as Spyderfest, and I never heard much about it afterwards. I do not believe that the promoter is a sponsor here so you won't get much info about it here.
    i thought there might be someone who had gone to myrtle beach, I never heard anything about it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I heard it wasn't very good. Nothing organized to do. Very few vendors. One thing to remember, October is a very busy month for motels in the mountains. It's the peak fall color season. A lot of rooms are already booked.

Spyder Garage

I am planning to attend. I figure what's the worst that could happen? The events a flop but I am in the smokie mountains with my Spyder for 3 days. I am pretty sure I will find a way to entertain myself.

Spyder Garage

There's a group of us from Houston area headed to the rally. Look forward to some nice riding and beautiful scenery.

Spyder Garage

Are you all riding or towing from the Houston area?

Spyder Garage

Many GOS are attending. I think there will be a very good turn out. I am not attending for the vendors so i could care less about how many are there. This is first class riding territory and I look forward to riding with my fellow spyders. It is all about the rides at this rally!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

ooohhh! looks like a good excuse to get my other half out of the house, especially since october is our anniversary! I don't think the event is that far from knoxville....so even if the event is a dud, i wont be far from home and I can enjoy the day away.

Spyder Garage

Default Room availability

I just called told me all the rooms are taken so may have to wait till next year.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderal11 View Post
    I just called told me all the rooms are taken so may have to wait till next year.
    Check in Townsend or Gatlinburg
    2017 F3- Limited

F4 23" Windshield, Ultimate Backrest, Spyder Cuff, SpyderPops Bump Guard, Sena SMH10 Intercom, BajaRon Sway Bar, Baker Cup Holder, RT-622 trailer w/Spyder Pops Bump Guard

Spyder Garage

Also check Bryson City, Cherokee, and Maggie Valley

Spyder Garage

We will be riding in from Houston

Spyder Garage

Default Attending Spyders in the Smokies

I was able to book a room for 4 days and will be riding my RT up from Lugoff SC - about 5 hours. This will be my first rally experience on my Spyder and other than Oskosh and Lakeland in my R44 I'm going solo. If anyone is on a trajectory from central SC to Fontana Lodge I sure would like to caravan with you.

Spyder Garage

most of the recommendations people made are an hour plus from the gathering way to far but thanks for the suggestions.

Spyder Garage

Is there anyone staying at the tuskeegee motel on Fontana rd? Or the micro-tel in robbinsville ?
    Last edited by Spyderal11; 07-10-2014 at 02:49 PM.

Spyder Garage

I went to the one in September of 2010. It was very loose compared to the schedule for this fall. I liked the free time and the format we had. We had a meet and greet the first night, a night where we chose one of two restaurants and a luncheon at the Maryville with a BBQ at Lamonsters which I missed because of an oil leak and of the steering box. We would meet at a bar and grill in Gatlinburg at night and setup rides for the next day usually in small groups to ride the Dragon and several of the parkways. I had great time and met a lot of nice people. If you decide your not interested in some of the events their is plenty of things to explore and see in that area. Don't feed the bears!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

most of the recommendations people made are an hour plus from the gathering way to far but thanks for the suggestions.
    I'll be going. The host location still has camping spots available if you're into that. The GOS group told me about Off the Deep Inn. Has good reviews on Trip Advisor and is between the host sight and Robbinsville (the next closest area they are referring on the sight). Ironhorse also looked cool and is only 12 miles away.

Spyder Garage

WE ARE GOING RENTED A 2 BR CABIN ON PROPERTY
    NOT THAT FAR FROM GREENVILLE, SC

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pajara2 View Post
    I'll be going. The host location still has camping spots available if you're into that. The GOS group told me about Off the Deep Inn. Has good reviews on Trip Advisor and is between the host sight and Robbinsville (the next closest area they are referring on the sight). Ironhorse also looked cool and is only 12 miles away.
    Off the deep inn had one cabin left as of yesterday

Spyder Garage

Bryson City, NC and Robbinsville, NC are NOT 1 hour away. They are reasonably close. Gatlinburg, TN is a bit over an hour away and Townsend, TN is about an hour. If you can't ride an hour to get there how are you going to get to the event in the first place?