Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RT Hitch

Spyder Garage

Default Do you people read these posts?

Quote Originally Posted by bodymanpainter View Post
    I just ordered my hitch from a dealer on e-bay, $499.99 and free shipping.
    Just did not want to wait on BRP to release any on back order and maybe
    not getting one in time for vacation.
    Toby

In post #3 I told you where you can get a BRP hitch for a lot less than $499. I even called Honda East yesterday and they had a few in stock. 411.58 plus 25+- for shipping. Be sure to tell them you're a SPyderlover... to get the discount.

You must have money to burn!
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default RT HITCH VS FARKLE

Think of all the upgrades we do to are Spyders sway bar, shocks, lights and tires.We don't think about how it can void are warranty, but we talk about a after market hitch that can?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    What do you not like about the after market hitch, the additional work to connect the trailer wiring harness? The local Spyder tech indicated he liked the after market hitch. He didn't have to mess with it all in order to adjust belt tension and alignment. To do that he has to remove the BRP hitch. All he needed extra was an extension to the hex driver to reach the adjusting block screws.

I liked it for the price plus I could put together a wiring harness to connect to my 5 wire trailer.

You have to remove the rear wheel to install the after market hitch the axle goes thru the wheel.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member bodymanpainter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    In post #3 I told you where you can get a BRP hitch for a lot less than $499. I even called Honda East yesterday and they had a few in stock. 411.58 plus 25+- for shipping. Be sure to tell them you're a SPyderlover... to get the discount.

You must have money to burn!
    No, just didn't see the post, but thanks anyway.
    Toby
    2020 RTL

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    Any info about what this may actually be? From what pictures I've seen I don't see anything different, functionally, from the after market hitch.
    Where the brackets are bolted to the hitch yoke, the bolts pass through sleeved rubber bushings which are inserted into larger diameter urethane bushings which are inserted into sleeves welded into the yoke. This allows the yoke to move on the brackets, reducing shock and vibrations to the hitch and trailer. It is just my opinion, but I think this system is what has prevented the vibration-caused cracking seen in some aftermarket hitches.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    It is just my opinion, but I think this system is what has prevented the vibration-caused cracking seen in some aftermarket hitches.
    I suppose it could be. Where has the cracking occurred, in the bracket itself? I was wondering earlier today if it might be feasible to install some sort of spring into the hitch configuration to allow some flexing of the yoke. It sure would be nice if BRP would provide more info in the product description. Then their warranty argument would carry a lot more weight, IMO.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Big Bike Parts now offer a harness kit with a electronically isolated trailer wire harness for the Can Am RT 2010 - 2014 for $84.95. Go on ebay and order same with no tax and shipping, also from Big Bike Parts. Sounds the same as BRP harness. No cutting into bike harness. Looks good to me. Has 4 relays that take the power load off of the bikes system. Instructions posted on Big Bike Parts under the item with a PDF file. Bob

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Easy install , did mine a couple weeks ago! Great quality, heavy wire . Just plug in . Hardest part was running wire to battery . Not that hard.

Spyder Garage

I noticed that the 2014 hitch has nylon guide material to act as a bearing surface. Does all the other BRP OEM hitches have the same nylon guide surfaces. There was talk about applying grease to the inside of the side bars to help in installing the hitch. Seems like the nylon material would act as a bearing surface that would allow it to slip in the same as grease would. Thanks, Bob