Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I use to wear chaps when I was riding 2-wheeled motorcycles,( Yamaha, Kawasaki's Hondas, Suzuki's HD) now I wear jeans. Even when I ride to work ( in early Morning @ 4:30). But I do have a pair of BRP riding Summer pants in my spyder just in case. Deanna777
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

In cold weather I wear lined leather pants. The missus wants leather pants also. Unfortunately, what is mostly available for women is chaps. She does not like them, and I won't quote the exact words, but she said, in effect, FUUGGETABOUTIT!! Up to you as to wear chaps or not.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Blue jeans or first gear suit

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I have both

If it is cold or cool I use the chaps if it's a warm or hot day I use
    First Gear Mesh pants with the armor in them very good in the summer
    Dave

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Chaps? Absolutely not....

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Riding Pants with zip in zip out liners are by far the best. I prefer Olympia brand or First Gear With mesh pants and liner for winter and no liner for summer.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Crip View Post
    I as a Briton, read this with a smirk! Here pants are what many of you might call boxers, but generally the tighter cotton, budgie smuggler variety and chaps are only worn by Village People wannabes! The only place you might find chaps outside of a gentleman's bedroom or a certain type of gentleman's club is at a HOG meeting where they will be worn by a hard riding accountant from suburbia called Gerald whilst he manfully downs in one his Earl Grey tea...with lemon of course!
    Around here we call those "hard riding accountants from suburbia" suburban weekend pirates. They get all dressed up in their weekend riding outfits to go out riding and looking all tough...

Spyder Garage

Well, anybody here ever been down while wearing chaps? I have and they protected me, no road rash, just two broke vertabre, and a broken fibia/ankle. I do not consider"Fashion"when I think about safety, and my full face helmet saved my brain and my face. Go figure.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Around here we call those "hard riding accountants from suburbia" suburban weekend pirates. They get all dressed up in their weekend riding outfits to go out riding and looking all tough...

Anti chaps and anti accountant? I like chaps and I am an accountant and a accounting professor. I would consider myself a bit more than a weekend pirate and most of the time do about 100 miles of riding a day. I dress for the ryde and for safety.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Anti chaps and anti accountant? I like chaps and I am an accountant and a accounting professor. I would consider myself a bit more than a weekend pirate and most of the time do about 100 miles of riding a day. I dress for the ryde and for safety.
    There are always exceptions my friend....haha.. but you know the exact type of rider I'm talking about.
    We have a LOT of weekend pirates around here that get all geared up, attitudes and all, and think they are hardcore.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oh! Accountants are good peeps in my book. My accountant is flat out a wizard!!

It's the chaps and weekend pirates that roll an eye brow......

Spyder Garage

Default What to wear

I have both chaps and leather pants that are lined. When it is cold or rainy out I wear the leather pants. I don't wear the chaps very often. The rest of the time I wear jeans.

Spyder Garage

I wear Sliders jeans from Competition Accessories, kevlar reinforced, comfortable all day at work too. Highly reviewed by MCN and WebBike World works for me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post
    Very sadly, chaps in the UK seem to have earned some sort of a very undeserved stigma. I have ridden over here in chaps that I bought at Daytona Bike
    Week much to the amusement of other bikers. The hilarity soon ends when after a cloudburst they all get wet from road spray and yet I don't.
    My chaps were made by Walter Dyer Leather of Framingham MA. I also have their Levi style vest with 'Buffalo' Nickels for buttons. It's the best and softest
    oil tanned leather I have ever seen and even after 20-odd years wonderfully supple.
    I was going to contact the firm to see if I can get my chaps altered to accommodate my seemingly ever expanding waistline (!) but I see from their website
    that they no longer make chaps.
    So the answer to the OPs question is both. My jeans are now Kevlar reinforced but they certainly ain't waterproof!!
    HAPPY?

HAPPY!! CHAP along if you H feel A that P happiness P is Y the truth!HAPPY!!
    Happy Spyderlovers

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Yes! I'm a Happy Chappy!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm not quite sure if I want to see a picture of that; or not!

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I try to distance myself as much as possible from the classic "cycle" look so no chaps. I wear pants or if its cool I where waterproof riding pants with the knee and hip pads. I wear what is comfortable much as if I were in a convertable. Really hot-shorts, 50-75 I wear jeans, below 50 I put on the riding pants.

I will live till I die and not worry a minute about it in between.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rworell View Post
    Ya I hear ya... My want is that I'm in Southern Maine and allot of my early morning riding is cold, so I double up pants and its a pain where I've never owned Chaps and thought it would be the way to go... I also take off on the weekends for hundreds of miles so its also for safety in case a Bear decides he wants to check out my ride and crosses my path
    PM Sent

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

If you have the Baker Air wings then Jeans are fine

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default SOMEBODY has to post this...

...So I guess that it'll have to be me!
    Assless Chaps.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default yep

Quote Originally Posted by rworell View Post
    Do any or you wear them? Do you love em?

Rich
    They are for cold weather riding and they make a difference.

Spyder Garage

If its time for the cold gear to come out I wear ski pants. They are warm and fairly cheap.

2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Wife and I bit the bullet and ordered 2 Aerostitch R3 suits. We were measured by a factory tech at the Aerostich Tour of the Country when they stopped in Northern N.J.. The suits are custom made using "Military Grade" Goretex. Three layers of Goretex Fabric and Goretex seam sealed tape and Goretex zippers. Knee, shoulder, back pads. Expensive? VERY! Butt, they don't come any better! We received a generous discount as well as free shipping. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Wife and I bit the bullet and ordered 2 Aerostitch R3 suits. We were measured by a factory tech at the Aerostich Tour of the Country when they stopped in Northern N.J.. The suits are custom made using "Military Grade" Goretex. Three layers of Goretex Fabric and Goretex seam sealed tape and Goretex zippers. Knee, shoulder, back pads. Expensive? VERY! Butt, they don't come any better! We received a generous discount as well as free shipping. Tom
    Aerosticth is the best of the best. The custom fiting and built to last manufacturing can't be beat. The cost is what kept me away from them. I have never heard anything bad about the product. I have been to the factory and met Andy Goldfine the owner. Very nice person.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When it's over 70 degrees, I wear jeans
    when it's over 60 degrees, I wear 1/2 chaps
    when it is less than 60, I wear chaps.

i don't care if it is traditional, hard core, or prissy. I just dress the way I want--if someone wants to poke fun that's ok--I do the same in return--