Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGA View Post
    JT
    I use Thermo-Tec 14620 60" X 36" Heat and Sound Suppressor on most of my panels and got rid of the BRP flammable foam sound proofing. It's lets more cool air flow due to it's thinner than the much thicker BRP foam. My 2011 RS-S SE5 is much cooler to ride and no more boiling gas in the gas tank and it's a much quieter ride. Let pipes make the noise behind you. That's IMHO.

Mike
    Hi Mike,

That looks like some pretty cool stuff. Does it stick pretty good to the panels?

JT

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    I hear you,But you know they are very popular and seem to have a good rep in the auto performance sector. There is also the Green Filter alternative too. Dyno tests seem to support a slight increase in performance with K&N. With the oil that gets sucked into the intake they may very well be self oiling on the Spyder

http://www.esicycleproducts.com/spyd...ncefilter.html

This looks interesting, but it's $64 for just one. Is there anyone here that can vouch for this filter or the K&N filter that will fit in the stock air box before I pull the trigger on it?

Thanks again guys.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default AIR

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Ok, after a lot of reading here, I'm getting conflicting opinions from what I've seen. Can a few of you offer your opinions on the benefits and drawbacks of installing an aftermarket air intake? Things I'm particularly interested in improving on my 2013 RT are MPG (I get about 26.2 currently) and reducing temps if possible.

Thanks for any info in advance!
    A long time ago I did a cold air intake ( for throttle bodies ) on my GS and then on my RSS, and I don't see why the same couldn't be done for the RT......The info is in the MODS section...................I think it worked very well in getting the air temp down before going into the engine.......JMHO...Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Installed on my 09 RS

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Ok, after a lot of reading here, I'm getting conflicting opinions from what I've seen. Can a few of you offer your opinions on the benefits and drawbacks of installing an aftermarket air intake? Things I'm particularly interested in improving on my 2013 RT are MPG (I get about 26.2 currently) and reducing temps if possible.

Thanks for any info in advance!
    vary happy with new mod heat is no longer an issue and now have a growl rather than a purr IMG_0463.jpgIMG_0468.jpg