Thread: Baker air wings

Spyder Garage

Default Baker air wings

I have Baker air wings on my Goldwing and found them to work very well. Picked up my 2014 rt yesterday and wondered about using them on it also.
    Has anyone experienced how well they work on the RT?

Spyder Garage

Default Baker wings

Quote Originally Posted by dbaucum View Post
    I have Baker air wings on my Goldwing and found them to work very well. Picked up my 2014 rt yesterday and wondered about using them on it also.
    If you liked them on the Wing you'll love them on the Spyder.

Spyder Garage

Default I have them on my RT Limited.

I love them and they work great!
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

yep they work great on a spyder

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I like them my "old" 2010 RT, only thing I have had them on. I did pay eztra to get one with the spyder web engraved on them. they are a good out fit to do business with. I have several of their products.
    Oldmanzues

Spyder Garage

We have had them on our 2011 for a couple of years now................they do a great job of directing the air flow where you want/don't want it!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Love mine !!!

Tommy J.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

is there any drilling involved in the installation of the Baker air wings?

Spyder Garage

None, simple installation. 45 minutes tops

Spyder Garage

Default There is if you get the lowers.

Quote Originally Posted by bcoulter19 View Post
    is there any drilling involved in the installation of the Baker air wings?
    There's one small hole to drill if you get the lowers. It's drilled in the black plastic wing that's down by your feet. The lowers are the ones that help with the heat.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Love mine! They work so very well! Air on Air off as you wish!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I agree with the others, had these on my 2013 and moved them to the 2014 RT-L...they make a world of difference in re-directing the wind. I also put a vented windshield on mine which added to the flexibility in re-directing the air flow. One of the nice updates on the 2014 is I no longer have to unbolt the air wings to check the oil since the dipstick was moved to under the seat.

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GloryRyders View Post
    We have had them on our 2011 for a couple of years now................they do a great job of directing the air flow where you want/don't want it!
    When used with Spyderpops block off plate,does it help with heat on right foot?...Also are they hard to clean off the bugs?..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclelover63 View Post
    When used with Spyderpops block off plate,does it help with heat on right foot?...Also are they hard to clean off the bugs?..
    The Block Off Plate does help with any heat issues and cleaning is not that difficult if you soak ther bugs with some water first!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Agree

Agree with all the positive comments above. I had Baker Wings on my Gold Wing for over 100K and they were great -- for me and for my passenger. We put them on the RT shortly after we got it and they are equally as good on it. You will like them. On my 2011 RT I upgraded to the adjustable BRP wings and that helps also. They work good in concert with the Bakers.

RT and Gold Wing States & Provinces

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Would not be without

Have had them on my '10 for 70k miles. and will transfer them to my '14 when I pick it up in a few days. They do everything they say they will PLUS I never worry about losing the tupperware when I check oil (on the '10)..highly recommend them for the RT...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Dryer sheets dampened makes bugs melt off...

Quote Originally Posted by cyclelover63 View Post
    Easiest way to remove bugs from anything...wet rig, wet dryer sheet and wipe...amazing.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Do the lowers get along w/ the NBV peg mounts?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)