Spyder Garage

Default Fog light pod modification

I searched the forum first and apologize if it is there and I just missed it. I am curious if anyone had modified the fog light pod to make use of the lower bubble that just looks like it is waiting for an upgrade. No use trying to reinvent the wheel if it has already been done, otherwise I might have to play.

CJ JAX

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think that part is used in the European bikes for daytime running lights...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I don't remember seeing that particular Mod mentioned before, but sounds like a great idea! I did ask my dealer about why that didn't area light-up and was mine broken? I was told that it was not used in North America, but was functional in the models shipped to Europe. Maybe he baffled me with BS, but being gullible, I believed him.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Why not PM chris56?
    He's in Austria, and would certainly know what's on the bikes over there!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBud View Post
    I don't remember seeing that particular Mod mentioned before, but sounds like a great idea! I did ask my dealer about why that didn't area light-up and was mine broken? I was told that it was not used in North America, but was functional in the models shipped to Europe. Maybe he baffled me with BS, but being gullible, I believed him.
    Your dealer is correct. The light configuration for Europe is all together different from US/Canada version. Specifically, the upper lights are high and low in US and the lower lights are fog lights in US. Europe the upper lights are high beam only and the lower lights are low beam. I think the lights you thought are missing are where the fog lights are installed for Europe, but I can't say for sure because the wiring diagram does not show fog lights for Europe. It shows the different headlight wiring for US/Canada and Europe.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I actually found a thread from a few years back where someone had a similar idea http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-mystery-light . He pulled the pod and said that there was no plug and play solution and that it would require a lot of cutting and fitting to make anything work. Not sure if the newer pods are different but until I get the opportunity to see the backside of one this will probably take a back burner.

CJ JAX