Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP Rear Foot Peg Extensions

Wow last weekend I decided to install my new rear foot peg extensions got a good price off Amazon and they came in a BRP box from Canada. Okay waited for the temp to come up set my shop light and got started. The instructions say to remove all the plastic from both sides but I have saddle bag that attach over the rear plastic and the bolts do not come off unless you remove the seat, just did not want to go there. So I decided to just remove the under fender and see if I could see the mount bolts haaa I could see all 4 bolt they would be hard to get too because there is not enough room for two arm, head and shoulders. A little over two hours I got the left side out and got the inner brace in place but the bolts do not line up what a pain. Well all told it took six and one half hours to get everything lined up and torqued to spec my wife likes them and they look like it came from the factory. We get the first real road trip as we head for Spyderfest in 19 days. Iam so ready see ya there. jtpollock

Just added: after a few short rides I noticed that I had problems getting to the e-breake so I used a 4" pice of flat stock to extend the peddle out 2" and I like it very ease to fine and get to the break now.
    Last edited by jtpollock; 04-15-2014 at 03:13 PM.

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

Default Nice !!

They don't line up well and I had to re tap a couple holes. Not as easy as it would seem. Without the back brace it would be a breeze..glad you hung in there for me it became a challenge and was not going to lose...congrats..!!
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

arntufun

They are the 2nd best mod you can do for your passenger, Holly loves them...... Obviously, the backrest is #1