Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Can-Am SPYDER Billet Front Axle & Nut kit

Hello,

Do you know if the Can-Am SPYDER Billet Front Axle & Nut Kit "is compatible with the Can-Am Spyder RSS 2012? (Manufacturer Part #: 219400116)

Thanks

Spyder Garage

This kit is http://store.spyder.brp.cust.shopatr...oltNut_Cap_Kit

Not sure where you found the other kit part number but they should all be the same.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Welcome..!!

welcome to the site...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thank you, but it's not the same thing ! This is the suspesion bolts parts.

I want this parts ! http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Spyder.../dp/B0035QN25G

Thanks !

Spyder Garage

Yes, those should work on the 2012, I don't see any reason why not. It looks like BRP quit making them.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

It is not compatible with any Spyder RS or RS-S from 2011-2012 due to the spacers that BRP added on the fender brackets which push the kit out so far that they contact the front lower shock mount. This could cause a possibly very dangerous steering issue. If you purchased them you would know they are not compatible because the mounting bolts that come with them are not long enough. Still BRP should have made it very clear that mounting the kit on a 2011-2012 RS or RS-S could be dangerous. The 2013 model comes with with newly designed axle covers standard.
    Last edited by pro10is; 02-17-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    It is not compatible with any Spyder RS or RS-S from 2011-2012 due to the spacers that BRP added on the fender brackets which push the kit out so far that they contact the front lower shock mount. This could cause a possibly very dangerous steering issue. If you purchased them you would know they are not compatible because the mounting bolts that come with them are not long enough. Still BRP should have made it very clear that mounting the kit on a 2011-2012 RS or RS-S could be dangerous. The 2013 model comes with with newly designed axle covers standard.
    Didn't consider the spacers. I take it you've tried this already?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Didn't consider the spacers. I take it you've tried this already?
    Yes, the only way anyone would have ever known that they wouldn't fit was to buy a set and try to install them on a 2011 or 2012. Nowhere was it listed on BRP's site that they were not compatible. I'm not sure BRP even realized at first that the kit would be affected when they added the spacers. Eventually BRP dropped the kit from their site most likely because of the fitment issue but there's still a lot of these kits out there still being sold.

I ordered a set for my 2011 RS-S. I was quite upset when they didn't fit and couldn't be returned. I was finally able to make them work but I had to order larger bolts and have a half inch machined off of the bottom of the cover. But I would not recommend this to anyone else. If not done just right the covers will contact the lower shock mounts and in all likelihood jam the steering in a turn.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default billet axle cover kit

I just received the kit from a trade and wow they do fit a 2012 RSS using longer Allen screws,Also the clearance in relation to the lower shock mount is correct for steering and suspension movement. The cone shaped cover looks great I'm happy happy.

Mike