Spyder Garage

Default Lost panel/extended waranty

I lost a panel (it fell off) while riding. Is it covered under my extended waranty? It's a 2010 RT. I have a BRP Best Waranty. Can anyone advise?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default sorry

but i would think it is not covered

Spyder Garage

Only thing I think that would make it remotely covered is if the attachment device was defective?

Was it the side service panel w the Zeus clips?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That is why I connected mine to the Spyder with lanyards . . .
    2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Default lost panel

the panel was the one where we checvk the oil

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Another reason I like the Baker Airwings. They not only get you air when you need it, they also keep the side panels in place...the panels can't come off without removing a screw.

Spyder Garage

Default lost pael

went back found panel it was beat up but fit back in place the left grommet wass missing got a new one and popped it back in place

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Two common causes of losing the RT side panels are pusing a grommet through and improper panel reinstallation. In either case, unless your Spyder was just serviced by the dealer, he is unlikely to cover it. Some have done it out of the goodness of their hearts, though...it doesn't hurt to ask.

When installing the panel you have to be sure that you don't push through the grommets, and it pays to glue them in with 3M Super Weatherstrip ahdesive or silicone caulk, and to lubricate the pins and grommets with a little spit or water before you reinstalkl the panel. I don't recommend silicone spray or other lubricants because they make the grommets slippery long-term, and the panels can come off more readily. Spit or water dries quickly. When installing the panel be sure the hook (on the top rear of most panels) is engaged with the adjacent panel. If it is not, you are almost guaranteed to lose the panel at speed. After the panel is installed, wiggle every corner. Compare to the other corners or other side id needed. If any corner seems to show excessive play, or the hook seems not to be engaged, remove the panel and look for the problem, then try again.
    Last edited by NancysToy; 03-15-2014 at 11:00 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default lopst panel

the reasson i thought it might be coverred is when bnike was 18 monthe old they replasced my stock muffler because the paint was partly gone.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    [snip]
    When installing the panel you have to be sure that you don't push through the grommets, and it pays to glue them in with 3M Super Weatherstrip ahdesive or silicone caulk, and to lubricate the pins and grommets with a little spit or water before you reinstalkl the panel. I don't recommend silicone spray or other lubricants because they make the grommets slippery long-term, and the panels can come off more readily. Spit or water dries quickly. [snip]
    I keep a small bottle of windex next to the . When I get ready to put the panel back on, I give each grommet a quick spray with windex. Works like a charm.

Spyder Garage

I guess the RT's have a different connection, the ST side panel is connected w 3-4 Zeus clips.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OldCowboy View Post
    I keep a small bottle of windex next to the . When I get ready to put the panel back on, I give each grommet a quick spray with windex. Works like a charm.
    Good idea. Spray water would work, too.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OldCowboy View Post

This is what I do as well...
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

thanks Scotty your coments were greatly appreachaded

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Two common causes of losing the RT side panels are pusing a grommet through and improper panel reinstallation. In either case, unless your Spyder was just serviced by the dealer, he is unlikely to cover it. Some have done it out of the goodness of their hearts, though...it doesn't hurt to ask.

When installing the panel you have to be sure that you don't push through the grommets, and it pays to glue them in with 3M Super Weatherstrip ahdesive or silicone caulk, and to lubricate the pins and grommets with a little spit or water before you reinstalkl the panel. I don't recommend silicone spray or other lubricants because they make the grommets slippery long-term, and the panels can come off more readily. Spit or water dries quickly. When installing the panel be sure the hook (on the top rear of most panels) is engaged with the adjacent panel. If it is not, you are almost guaranteed to lose the panel at speed. After the panel is installed, wiggle every corner. Compare to the other corners or other side id needed. If any corner seems to show excessive play, or the hook seems not to be engaged, remove the panel and look for the problem, then try again.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer