Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default My New Black 2014 Spyder RT-S SE6 & Dealer Experience (You have to see this!)

Well I just picked up and rode home my new 2014 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE6 yesterday. It was a great 100+ mile ride home in wonderful 75 degree weather. There have been plenty of "reviews" on the new 1330, so I won't bore you with my own, except to say that it is everything that everyone else has found it to be. Smooth, quiet, solid, comfortable and fun! I also took my wife out on it last night since it was still 71 degrees last night at 10:00pm. She too is very pleased!

Now I don't usually do this, in fact this is a first, but my experience was so unique, this needs to be said....

I'm known to purchase a few new vehicles every year, so in my lifetime I've had a lot of dealer experiences. Most have been average at best, and some of them I wish I could go back in a time machine so that I could stab myself several times in the hand with a rusty ice-pick in attempt to convince myself that giving that dealership my business was a bad idea.

Enter Troy Chakales, General Manager of Yamaha Funcenter located at 2127 IH10 West in Boerne, Texas. I first called Troy a couple of weeks ago to ask him in he could get me the Spyder I wanted, and if so, when could he get it and what price. Troy immediately responded by saying that he was going to be getting it in soon, and gave me a price over the phone that was fair enough, that I did not feel any need to negotiate. There were no hidden fees, freight, setup, or any other kind of hidden charges that most dealers salivate in the thought of charging the customer. I gave him a deposit over the phone with the expectation that the Spyder would be available for pickup on 2/21/2014.

This past week Troy gives me a call. He tells me that he called BRP to see what he could do to get his Spyders in sooner, as he had several customers who wanted to get them. If you end up calling Troy to talk to him, you'll see that not only is he very professional, but his customer service skills are top notch. Apparently he's also a magician, as once he got off the phone with BRP, 25 various new 2014 RT crates show up on his doorstep. Troy calls me to let me know that he got my Spyder and was going to build it the next day, and I showed up a day later to pick it up.

While at the dealership, I also got the opportunity to meet the Can Am certified Tech and Service Manager who built my Spyder, Rocky Fulker. Rocky spent about an hour going through the operation of the Spyder, and was willing to answer any and all questions that I had. He instilled confidence in me that this was going to be the best place to service my Spyder. Troy encourages his customers to be able to see what is happening with their bikes while in the shop. It is clear that the foundation of Troy's dealership is built on the concept of treating their customers, as well as their staff, as family. Troy is not out to sell a Spyder to you; rather Troy's goal is to establish a relationship with his customers that will last a lifetime. Later, my Spyder was parked outside, under a 10'x10' canopy where the Sales Manager, Robert Bossley, met me to take my photo of me beside my new Spyder. Later that night, though I was out on the RT-S with my wife, Troy had called me on my home phone; wanting to make sure that I made it home safe, and once again thanking me for my business.

It should also be noted that Yamaha Funcenter is also purchasing a laser alignment system, and soon they will be one of the very few dealerships that will be able to perform this service for you. By them purchasing this, it is just one more sign that Troy, Rocky, Robert and the rest of the Yamaha Funcenter staff proactively pursue resolutions to any issues that Spyder owners report.

It is more than a 100 mile drive from my home to this dealership, and though I have at least three dealerships that are much closer, I was very happy to purchase my Spyder from Yamaha Funcenter, and I will be going there for all of my service. It is a beautiful drive down to Boerne. For those of you not familiar with the area, it attracts a lot of motorcyclists. Like Fredericksburg, TX, it is a quaint little town with a German heritage. There are several great places to stop and get something to eat, but if you do, don't forget to stop by Yamaha Funcenter to say hi to the gang.

Now for the pictures of my Spyder. I know a lot of you who like myself, haven't seen a lot of detailed pictures of the RT-S SE6. Usually people just take the typical side shot of the Spyder, so I wanted to give you a better idea of just how beautiful this machine is. In closing, I just want to publicly say thank you to Troy, Rocky and Robert and Yamaha Funcenter. You've recharged my belief that there are still some honest dealers out there; and for you other dealers reading this, take note that if you want people's business, this is what consumers are looking for.

My Spyder was number 1525, and built on 1/23/2014. Now for what you've been waiting for; the pictures.....

-Texas

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Awesome

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You da photo master! Thanx for the tour!

Spyder Garage

Default Congrats!

on your new 2014 RT - she's a beauty! I am a little jealous of your warmer climate. I purchased mine about 10 days ago and drove it from the enclosed delivery trailer into my garage . ZERO miles on our new 2014 RT Limited! I guess that's what we get when we live in Minnesnowta....

Anyways, enjoy the ryde!!

Thanks for the pictures....
    Last edited by Jim&Teresa; 02-02-2014 at 10:42 PM.
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

what a machine.... what a bunch of buttons

Spyder Garage

Excellent job on showing your spyder. Sounds like you have a great dealer.

Spyder Garage

on your new
    Great job on the photo's, that's a beautiful ryde you have there!
    I really like the Black on Black!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the review! Great job on the pics.

Phil, Tyler TX- from my iPad 7.5 using Tapatalk HD

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Your awesome,,, you even got the RT a flat screen to watch any shows it wants to.... Awesome Spyder.. I picked up the same one last week. Love it... Congrats...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Sounds like..!!

a great dealer..hang on to him they are few and far between...the visual tour of your ryde was awesome...congrats..!!
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Great shareReally like the blacked out undercarriage, and rear wheel is black now too! Sweet.

my brother from Cedar Park Texas May be joining me at the Owners Event, hope to see you there!

Spyder Garage

great dealer, hang on to them. It's nice to hear about a outstanding dealership. Your picture were awsome and made me drool over the beauty of your new ride, Thanks for sharing with all of us.

I am still waiting on my 2014 RT~S SE6

Ruth

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Welcome!
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

Very very nice. (Including that nice clean garage of yours). I hope and know you'll love your new spyder.

Chris

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

is that the standard 2 tone seat? just curios about the passenger backrest in 2 tone.....

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WOW...!!!!

Again WOW, that is one sweet garage .........Oh and the Spyder is nice also .....Just kidding, Good luck with it and I sure Hope your Dealer reads the GREAT write-up you just gave them.......Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 02-03-2014 at 03:19 PM.

Spyder Garage

You have good taste, That is the twin to my Spyder. Looks Great.

Now it needs a Bump Skid to protect the front end.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Great pictures and sounds like a great dealer.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Great write up and that is one sweeeeeeeeeet Machine

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Great story, great pictures, great looking Spyder! tony_the_tiger-lg.jpgAnd a great garage!
    2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Awesome, congrats on the new wheels!
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

That is one great looking Ryde, get on it and enjoy...