Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2012 Brown RT Limited need help on visibility/color

Looks like I may be picking up a used 2012 RT limited Brown Spyder. Is not my first choice on color so I need some ideas on making it more visible and sportier looking. If you have a brown spyder with some graphics, I would be interested in seeing what you have.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by manttila View Post
    Looks like I may be picking up a used 2012 RT limited Brown Spyder. Is not my first choice on color so I need some ideas on making it more visible and sportier looking. If you have a brown spyder with some graphics, I would be interested in seeing what you have.
    to the party. There are a few owners with that color, so I am guessing that help will soon be on the way.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Might something like this help? 05-04-2013 006.jpg Pete at www.powersportswraps.com whipped this motif together for me... contact him!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the world of Spyders!!
    You need to feel privileged, the Lava Bronze was only available for two model years and not available for 2014.
    It wasn't my first choice either, but it's one of two choices for the 2012 Limited, and there are lots of white ones out there.
    I haven't done any graphics on mine. but I thought bright gold scallops would work well.
    You'll love the ride, mine has been flawless.
    Good luck, it's an adventure.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Custom Dynamics fender lights, front white lights, side lights and stop lights. Also a safety vest and bright helmet.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

and you could add reflective pin stripes

http://reflectivelyyours.com/generic141.html

Spyder Garage

I like mine plain. I like the color better than any I've had in 50 years, except maybe my gold '83 Yamaha Venture Royale.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I installed an ultimate seat on mine, ostrich tan and black. Really makes the lava brown stand out. I also installed lights on front fender, replaced the red lectures, third brake lit on trunk and glow Ryder's on front wheels. There are a lot of dark led out there , you just need to decide what direction you are going. Did not do wraps , mainly installed items for safety .white Spyder web wrap would look good (:

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Custom Dynamics HMT (third brakelight), Mudflap Lights, BrighgtSides, or equivalent products by TricLED. Both are SpyderLovers sponsors. I also suggest hi-vis clothing for the rider.

Spyder Garage

Here is what I have done with mine..My Spyder-1.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Welcome..!! Welcome..!!

well you've been here a while but quiet...and your not yet ryding but welcome to both worlds just the same. So many choices as to color mods, as you know our sponsors offer a great deal of choices. I like to snap a shot of the unit and upload it to an art program and play around there to get ideas...good luck mine is black with red and white pin stripping...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for suggestions

been riding a long time and still have 3 bikes and will be selling 2 in the spring. I have taken a few spyders for a ride and enjoyed the stability. I believe the bike I am getting it has some additional back and side lights. Nothing up front. I was thinking of racing stripes to help it stand out some. I can see wearing hivis gear when riding this color bike.

Thanks for all the recommendations. Will post some pictures after I pick it up this weekend.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by manttila View Post
    Visibility was my concern too, at least until I found these lights from Lightning Strike. They are not meant to stay on all the time, only for those moments when you feel that you need to be visible. Not legal in all States though. Enjoy your brown Spyder, wish I had that color.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AZLife View Post
    Visibility was my concern too, at least until I found these lights from Lightning Strike. They are not meant to stay on all the time, only for those moments when you feel that you need to be visible. Not legal in all States though. Enjoy your brown Spyder, wish I had that color.
    Better not tell Blue Recluse that

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RTVIPER View Post
    Better not tell Blue Recluse that
    Good point, RTViper. But no worries, Blue Recluse will never find out. I don't kiss and tell

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As others have said, lighting upgrade, reflective graphics, hi-viz clothing and a white or hi-viz helmet.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Picked up new to me bike today

Picked up my 2012 RT Limited that had been posted in this forums classified. Great seller and look forward to getting it registered for the first ride!

I was concerned about visibility but he has and LED kit installed with remote. STill might consider some GT Racing Stripes.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Scotchlite 680 reflective comes in rolls and sheets The white you see is black in the daylight

Spyder Garage

all the lights in the world won't make you and your bike more visible. ride like no one sees you and you will be as safe as possible. sometimes more lights make others look at you and when they turn their head, the wheel turns.......so driving defensibly is your best friend! good luck.......I have a bronze 2012 and have no issues with being seen!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you see brown instead of lava bronze then you are not a visionary for sure.. A few hundred led lights to highlight the true color, plus wood grain dashboard, chrome luggage rack, baker air wings with engraved spiders, floorboard, passenger armrest, driver back rest, chrome adjustable handbars, etc etc. and folks are stopping to take pictures of my "brown" spyder all the time