Spyder Garage

Default just came back from a 2500 mile trip

I went to Dauphin Island, Alabama for a medical conference and decided since the Spyder needed some miles I would take her. except for the battery dying after I walked away with the key turned on, she performed flawlessly!! I learned some things about her and got to appreciate her much better. I filled the trailer because I was unsure of the weather in either direction and turns out I was right.....I had shorts and heated gear!! It was a great trip....learned a lot and had a wonderful time on the bike!! prior to the trip, I modified the GPS stand so I could see it better......I am 6'3......I will post it soon! I love long rides and this one will certainly go down and one of the best!!

Spyder Garage

sound like you had a great time.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by epiphysis View Post
    I went to Dauphin Island, Alabama for a medical conference and decided since the Spyder needed some miles I would take her. except for the battery dying after I walked away with the key turned on, she performed flawlessly!! I learned some things about her and got to appreciate her much better. I filled the trailer because I was unsure of the weather in either direction and turns out I was right.....I had shorts and heated gear!! It was a great trip....learned a lot and had a wonderful time on the bike!! prior to the trip, I modified the GPS stand so I could see it better......I am 6'3......I will post it soon! I love long rides and this one will certainly go down and one of the best!!
    I am from Warren. Did you take the WV Turnpike? I am planning a ride from Myrtle Beach back home sometime in the spring so I am interested in the route you took.

Spyder Garage

Wow, being a new rider, I can't even imagine riding that far. Getting use to a twist throttle is killing my hand after an hour or so. LOL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I love having the trailer you don't even know it's back there and being able to bring as many coats as you want is awesome

Glad you enjoyed your trip and I hope you get to make many more
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    I am from Warren. Did you take the WV Turnpike? I am planning a ride from Myrtle Beach back home sometime in the spring so I am interested in the route you took.
    I did go on the WV turnpike......it was no problem......I actually did much of it after dark!! I just rode a little slower when necessary!!! My daughter lives in Buford, Ga.......I went a back way from her home.....and ended up on Rt 77....a great road because it's not heavily traveled!! there's plenty of gas stations!!

I had a wonderful time......I would take the Spyder anywhere!! it's a great conversation piece.....people constantly came up to me to talk about it!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by epiphysis View Post
    I did go on the WV turnpike...... I just rode a little slower when necessary!!!
    That road scares me in a cage at the top I have driven it many times but not on a Spyder the curves seem to banked the wrong way up there to me. I am debating taking the WV TP or I81 to the Pa TP. Both have plenty of twisties for sure. Glad you had a good ride and it looks like you got home at the right time it's gonna get a bit chilly up there. Heck we are gonna have frost this week down here

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Good news..!!

always nice to hear of sucessful trips. Glad you made it safe and sound. Must have been a great trip from what you have said. I'm sure your looking forwar to the next one...we always are..!!
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Glad you had a great trip, the trailer is always a great item because you can carry so many items. Thanks for a good report

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you had a great trip.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

thanks everyone!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad you had a great trip. I live for the long rides. Cant wait till I have my trailer all set up.