Spyder Garage

Default What's my Spyder worth?

NADA is always a bit off on bikes so I thought I would ask the collective here. I have a 2011 RT-S SE5 in black with 1500 miles. I know this is more the end of the season but next spring it will be that much older, so I'm thinking the value now will be the value then. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated...
    Regards, Rodney
    2011 RT-S SE5
    2016 F3T SM6

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Check out KBB

I have a 2011 RT-S SM5 and 8in excellent condition KBB said it was worth 19.5K
    . If trading into dealer 15K.

Spyder Garage

I think you need to compare NADA,KB pricing and also Craigslist and Cycle trader.
    If your gonna trade it in,well thats up to the dealer.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by taken View Post
    NADA is always a bit off on bikes so I thought I would ask the collective here. I have a 2011 RT-S SE5 in black with 1500 miles. I know this is more the end of the season but next spring it will be that much older, so I'm thinking the value now will be the value then. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated...
    There are a number of factors that will affect your bike and I think you will find them mostly negative.

I bought a new blue 2012 RT-S SE5 a few months ago. I was considering a nice looking red 2011 RT-S SE5. The price differential was a couple of thousand dollars. The red bike had a few farkles and the blue had a new warranty. In the end, I went with the warranty and peace of mind with zero miles on the bike at a cost of ~$2K more.

I think you will be facing a similar but more complex situation because the the 2014 model is out and is a different bike with the changes to include the drivetrain. This will narrow the potential market for you as you will be competing with:
    - the other used bikes out there,
    - very last of the new 2012's,
    - many 2013,
    - and new 2014 bikes; the more older riders trade up, the more used bikes will hit the market driving prices down.

Supply and demand maybe your best upside.; your specific area has a lot to to with this. Good if you live where there are lots of people near you, bad if not.

You may have to drop your price by several thousand to sway a buyer on the fence. Of course this is only my 2 cents...

Jerry

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So the short answer is...
    It's worth what you can talk somebody into paying for it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default e bay

just do a completed search on e bay to see what they sold for

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mine is worth a million bucks (to me!) so I'm keeping it!
    2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    Mine is worth a million bucks (to me!) so I'm keeping it!
    good answer! times 2!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    good answer! times 2!
    Mine is only Priceless

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Considering..!!

all that is going on, you will be disappointed. Traditionally these machines hold their value but at the moment with the manufacturer giving large discounts and insentives you can buy new units at the price your would have been worth. Buy next spring things will be leveled out and you roadster will not be that much older. The fact that new 09-13's are being sold makes all of them new...mileage will be the factor..!! jmo
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default No Sale

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    just do a completed search on e bay to see what they sold for
    I'm a new member and my wife and I are looking forward to my first Spyder. After looking at new 2012's and '13's we heard about the changes in the 2014's and decided to wait. However this will cost us at least $5,000 to $8,000 more if the new ones sell for list. Our local dealers are offering $5,500 off new '13 RT models, with a can am rebate of $3,000 good to Oct. 31st. Good financing also! So I checked ebay only to find the Spyders are not selling. The "buy it now" is not being bought. The "make offer" end up with "reserve not met" - Conclusion: Prices are still falling and it's a buyers market.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BobnDee View Post
    I'm a new member and my wife and I are looking forward to my first Spyder. After looking at new 2012's and '13's we heard about the changes in the 2014's and decided to wait. However this will cost us at least $5,000 to $8,000 more if the new ones sell for list. Our local dealers are offering $5,500 off new '13 RT models, with a can am rebate of $3,000 good to Oct. 31st. Good financing also! So I checked ebay only to find the Spyders are not selling. The "buy it now" is not being bought. The "make offer" end up with "reserve not met" - Conclusion: Prices are still falling and it's a buyers market.
    Nothing much has sold on eBay the last couple of months. They are selling locally in the sunnier states, but for the most part, they are being winterized. There are some great values in the 4 sale section of this forum if you decide to go that route. You could brave the 13s and enjoy the deep discounts too. The 13s are a bit of a gamble at this point, but there are more happy owners than unhappy, but understandably a gamble.

The prices are about as low as they will go, unless of course a seller runs into a desperate situation in a location close to you that doesn't involve riding it across the country in snow. For the most part, the prices will remain as they are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spacetiger View Post
    You may have to drop your price by several thousand to sway a buyer on the fence. Of course this is only my 2 cents...
    You entire post - is good advice.

I live in Ohio. If you want a great deal on a motorcycle, RV or boat, buy now or up through February or even March. Sorry, but very few buyers out there when the weather turns cold. Who wants to buy something they can't use? It is actually short-sighted because as soon as the weather turns warmer - the prices start going up because the demand is there.

Last year I bought a boat in February. I got such a great deal! The seller hardly used it but was paying storage and, of course, payments to the bank. He wanted out of it and I got a great price. I immediately took it to a marine dealer and had it checked out and they gave it raves. If the buyer had waited 3 months, he easily could have gotten a lot more for it. As it was, he did LONG-TERM financing (7 years) and even though he had owned it a few years he was still "under water" --- he owed more for the boat then he sold it to me. HE JUST WANTED OUT from the financing, storage and insurance costs.

Sorry, but when you buy something that is "seasonal" you don't sell in the Fall (in Ohio) unless you are ready to take a loss over what it is worth. No one wants to be making payments on something they can't use. The owner has no choice, but potential buyers can just wait - sometimes foolishly, but still they wait because they feel like all their cold-weather payments are down the drain. It is hard for people to focus on the fact they will just have it paid off sooner and they will get a better deal in the long run.

The psychology of buying is very interesting.
    Last edited by Knarfoh; 10-16-2013 at 01:29 PM.

Spyder Garage

You are going to find prices all over the place but as many said or implied--the price is the one you end up selling or trading for.

The current market is also kind of topsy turvy--many people wanting to trade in pre 2013's for the new 2014's. This makes a dealers market. A flooded market with used also makes for lower prices on trades across the board.

A lot of people wanting to trade up from 2013's has also created some drama in the market.

Dollars that I have seen on bonifide trades: My 2010 RT-S Premier with 35,000 miles is worth about $15K. I know I could do better--but am not willing to buy from an out of state dealer and all the drama that goes with that. I am in Alaska. Another has mentioned $16K on a 2011 RT and one even mentioned $20K.

Yours is going to fall in between somewhere. Good luck on your pending sale/trade.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You can be reasonably sure that the value of your Spyder is: "less than you paid for it!"
    2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

I was offered 12K for mine in trade...........
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But; It's not what you've got IN them; it what you gotten OUT of them that truly matters!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I bought my 2011 RT-S SM5 with only 450 miles on it for $16.5K June of this year. It was basically new!
    I found it on craigs list. He was asking 19K and I talked him down to 16.5K. It was a steal then!
    Everyone else was asking 19K or more. At the time I could have flipped it for a profit but now probably not. There are still dealers out here with NEW 2012's and if 2013's are going to be 19K then those 12's will come down too.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the thoughts guys, most of which I had already surmised. Good to get confirmation. I know what everyone means about the market being seasonal. I bought it in January a couple years back and saved tons. I'm thinking based on advice here and my gut instinct that a trade will max out at 15. Craigslist will be a bit more if I find the right buyer, but who knows. I have low miles but with the market being flooded I'll be hurting a bit. Will prob end up keeping it for my wife and just grab a 14 for me at some point if I end up selling my Road King. Thanks again for the thoughts....
    Regards, Rodney
    2011 RT-S SE5
    2016 F3T SM6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just remember;
    More than half of the fun, is in the shopping!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Just remember;
    More than half of the fun, is in the shopping!!
    Yep, and I never stop... LOL.... Makes wife crazy....
    Regards, Rodney
    2011 RT-S SE5
    2016 F3T SM6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by taken View Post
    I have the same bike but 34000 in miles I traded for 2014 curry black limited and end up owning 14500 after anything was done that took off 1000.00 off asking price no shipping and no dealer get ready plus fo some exters I had thay wanted me to leave

Spyder Garage

Heard this week that BRPi is thinking about offering a 1 year warranty for used bikes traded in at dealers to help them sell them. This is due to the number of trades expected for the 2014's. Anyone else hear about this? It may effect used prices.