Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerdad View Post
    How about this trike. A Goldwing and Spyder combo. This is a reverse trike I built using a Goldwing. I built a complete bolt on front section that is like a Spyder. The body is made of fiberglass. I did not have to drill, grind or weld anything to the stock frame to install the kit. That way if i get tired of the three wheel ride, I can just unbolt it and bolt the stock bike parts back on and have a two wheel motorcycle again. It is a lot of fun to ride and has lots of power.

That sure looks mighty interesting... We need more information about it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default honda

honda will never trike a bike right out of the factory. i was told many years ago that when they had the 3 wheelers they were hit with many wrongful death suits over them and that is why they won't build them. now i also understand if you buy a new wing and trike it you will void all warranties, if i am wrong pleas feel free to correct me

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    honda will never trike a bike right out of the factory. i was told many years ago that when they had the 3 wheelers they were hit with many wrongful death suits over them and that is why they won't build them. now i also understand if you buy a new wing and trike it you will void all warranties, if i am wrong pleas feel free to correct me
    I don't know. Never is a long time. The three wheelers that Honda was sued over were the old balloon tire ATCs and the other off road machines. I am pretty positive they never produced a street ready trike of any kind. But the three wheeler that was the basis on the lawsuits is a far cry from a street ready trike IMO. However, having said that I strongly suspect we will not see a factory trike from Honda. But never say never!

You are correct on the voiding of the warranty claims. I'm not sure if Mangusson(sp) Moss act would kick in or not. But triking would constitute a pretty big modification in most anyone's eyes. But it is also pretty common knowledge that many dealers overlook the trike kit with regard to warranty items. But that is no guarantee.
    Last edited by SteveMac; 09-18-2013 at 07:13 PM.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    The Honda ATC's were off road only, And they had a solid rear axle ie; NO differential.
    I had 4 of them over the years, And knew enough not to turn hard on blacktop.. And be responsible for my own actions.
    The truth is too many Nimrod's went out and bought them, And then blamed Honda for their own'
    Stupidity, Just wait till somebody figures out how to disable the nanny on their Spyder...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sad to say; but...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Sweet ride, nicely done.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMac View Post
    I suspected BRP would do this eventually. It is their only logical move for a touring entry. You may not believe this, but Honestly, even if I had advance notice of the BRP rollout, I would still have made the same decision to buy a used Goldwing. This particular version of the Wing is several years into production and the same dependable version with only slight changes is still in production a dozen years later. I bought exactly the machine I wanted after months of soul searching.

I really hope BRP has a winner with this model. But it is not for me. I'm very happy and content with my new ride!
    Excellent write up SteveMac! Have to agree, you cannot beat the reliability of a Honda! Have always and will always be a big Honda fan. Who knows there might be one in my Future??
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Are you all sitting comfortably?.....

All this talk about a Honda Gold Wing reverse trike reminded me of this:

http://reversedtrike.nl/en/

GL1800-reversed-trike.jpg Click on the pic!

It's quite nice I think!
    Last edited by OJ UK; 09-19-2013 at 07:58 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'd love to have the two front wheels of the Spyder on the Goldwing power train and electronics. But since we don't currently have that,
    Be careful what you wish for. On the Gl1800riders.com/GL1800 Trikes sub-forum there is a guy that has fabricated a Reverse Trike for the GL1800. His first prototype is on the road. I think its on the blog titled Reverse Trike.
    Mike

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

How about this trike. A Goldwing and Spyder combo. This is a reverse trike I built using a Goldwing. I built a complete bolt on front section that is like a Spyder. The body is made of fiberglass. I did not have to drill, grind or weld anything to the stock frame to install the kit. That way if i get tired of the three wheel ride, I can just unbolt it and bolt the stock bike parts back on and have a two wheel motorcycle again. It is a lot of fun to ride and has lots of power.

That is just awesome!! Hat's off to a fine job, now can I have it??

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

WOW! That's a great trike you built. My 2011 RS-S has about 3 more years of warranty or maybe sooner and I'll start looking for a trike (non-BRP) and sell my SPYDER, but for now that I fixed most of BRP problems. I reduced the fire hazard, the brake fluid over heating, removed the flammable foam from the panels that gave more air flow, and installed a thin (1/16 of an inch)/non-flammable heat/sound barrier that keep the panel and gas tank much cooler lowered the engine noise. So from now on it's just standard maintenance and add some little stuff.

Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Man that is one sweet looking ride my friend!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question: Does that front panel remove just for servicing, or is there a frunk under thgere??

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone for your interest in my trike and the positive comments. In respect for Lamont I am going to stop posting any info about the trike until I get the OK from Lamont. I sent him a email and am waiting for his responce. I truly respect this board and its members and don't want to do anything that is out side the rules.

I also want to apoligize to SteveMac for highjacking his thread. I did not intened to do that. If I get the OK from Lamont I will start my own thread so I can give you guys more info.

Thanks again for your support.

Jerry
    No problem at all. Please stay in touch with me via email.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default OUCH !

hah! Now YOU,,,,, I will race!
    Ok.... that hurts. This is serious stuff ..... I'll see you soon !!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default How to contact "bikerdad"

I sent him a PM about a week ago...Anyone know another way to get in touch???