Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default New Calsci tinted shorty

Got my Calsci tinted shorty windshield in today and put on the bike. I went with this over the Madstad because I really liked the looks of the fixed windshield. I really like the price of the windshield..lol... And I was afraid my OCD would have me non stop adjusting the Madstad always looking for a better position...hahaha... I really think the shield retains the sport look about as much as you can when going to a tall windshield. Took it out for a quick trip on the hwy and really like it. Much less wind force on the body at 75mph and very little helmet buffeting if any. We have a 400 mile trip this weekend so that will be the true test!
    image.jpg
    Last edited by Orange monster; 09-04-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Looks great. .. got a nice clean, smooth look. What's the next mod?

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

looks good

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Well the trip went well and I really like the windshield. Did very well at keeping the wind off the body and very little helmet shake. We did the first 200 miles on the hwy at about 70mph. We did the last half on the way back from Austin on the hwy at 80mph to 100mph..lol.. My neck was sore from the weight of the helmet and really not doing enough longer trips yet to build up my tolerance to the helmet. I came from a Harley and never wore a helmet. My next mod will probably be the ST-S handlebars on my RS-S. I think the more relaxed riding position might help the neck muscles as well. Although I need a passenger backrest for the wife and daughter ASAP. Don't feel comfortable with them on the back for long hauls without the backrest but that thing is some big cash from BRP.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

That CalSci windshield looks really great on your RS-S. Retains that sport look nicely.

Carl

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Carl! I think the tall shield will help balance out the tall handlebars when I finally get around to swapping them out. Don't forget to update us on your bar swap from ST to RS when you get done!