Thread: Fear of wraps

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Fear of wraps

OK, I am admitting a weakness here to the forum. I am afraid of spyder wraps! They look great, but I'm afraid of the installation! I love my spyder and farkles for it but generally do not self install anything because I realize that this is NOT my talent! I am a klutz at these kind of things (as well as all things mechanical) so I pay those who are qualified to do it for me. I know that the people selling wraps say the installation is easy- but I know some who have tried it and screwed it up, and figure that would be me too! Is there any help for me out there, as I continue to battle (unsuccessfully) my farkelosis!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default wraps

i agree with you 100% i would never try it

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Seems to me..!!

you don't have a problem. As you don't venture into the unknown (or qualified for) there are many places that apply wraps. If you have decided to start doing your own farkeling this may not be the best one to start with. It is in fact not that hard but very time consuming. We have sponsors with the wraps, install them or could recommend those who can...good luck..!!
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default WRAPS -- NO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by muonwhiz View Post
    OK, I am admitting a weakness here to the forum. I am afraid of spyder wraps! They look great, but I'm afraid of the installation! I love my spyder and farkles for it but generally do not self install anything because I realize that this is NOT my talent! I am a klutz at these kind of things (as well as all things mechanical) so I pay those who are qualified to do it for me. I know that the people selling wraps say the installation is easy- but I know some who have tried it and screwed it up, and figure that would be me too! Is there any help for me out there, as I continue to battle (unsuccessfully) my farkelosis!
    Spend a few extra bucks and have someone paint a graphic or two on your baby. Hubby and I both did the vinyl and it peels from the edges, etc. after awhile. Not work it.

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

in 2010 I purchased a wrap from Spiralus Spyder Wraps out of Calgary, Canada, but before I contacted, via email, several Sign companies in the Houston area...went and talked to 4 of them and decided on Two Way Signs....they charged me $150 for installing the wrap...it was very professional and flawless...call, email what ever to sign companies.....

Spyder Garage

You have seen my wrap.. I purchased and had a local sign shop install for me, and they did a great job taking only about 3 hours. Took the wrap and talked to them explaining how it would go on the spyder. I read the instructions, and had second thoughts about doing it myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm am the King of the Klutzes...
    But my Missus has a steady hand, good eyes, and a stubborn fearlessness that would make a team of oxen blink..
    Our graphics came in a series of pieces that she placed on the bike...
    I cut them out for her, handed her what she needed before she had to ask for it, and cried like a little girl during the entire process...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default A&C

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I'm am the King of the Klutzes...
    But my Missus has a steady hand, good eyes, and a stubborn fearlessness that would make a team of oxen blink..
    Our graphics came in a series of pieces that she placed on the bike...
    I cut them out for her, handed her what she needed before she had to ask for it, and cried like a little girl during the entire process...
    Bob what is an A&C ?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's the old Audio and Convenience model...
    BRP used to offer:
    a Base RT
    The Audio and convenience model got the stereo, heated handgrips for the passenger, extra gauges, and the Frunk release button
    The RT-S got all of this plus more chrome, the ACS rear suspension, foglights, accent lights, and some hard luggage
    Then along came the limited; this added even more to the package: GPS travel covers, more chrome, and some custom stitching on the seats...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black