Thread: cb problems

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default cb problems

Had the dealer install the cb option on my RT. Receives fine, but cannot talk on it.
    When pushing the ptt button it squeals in the speakers in the helmet. The exterior stereo speakers are turned off.
    The dealer does not know what to do to fix the problem. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Tony

Spyder Garage

Turn the mic gain on the radio down some and try it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default What he said

It sounds like you may be over driving the radio. On the other hand it's just possible that there is either no or a faulty ground connection somewhere in the antenna wiring. Frankly, I've not heard much good from people I've talked to about the CB, most of the comments dealt with trouble transmitting and being heard and understood by the other party. I also know that Sierra Electronics in Troy, Ohio makes or has made a replacement mounting block for the CB antenna. If you continue to have problems you may want to investigate that option.

Ride safe,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tidlewine View Post
    Had the dealer install the cb option on my RT. Receives fine, but cannot talk on it.
    When pushing the ptt button it squeals in the speakers in the helmet. The exterior stereo speakers are turned off.
    The dealer does not know what to do to fix the problem. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Tony
    My Wife has a 2012 R Limited. Dealer installed new CB Radio last May. Does not transmit now. Spent a day with the tech working on it. I'm old school and know CBs well. Dealer and I tested (ohm) out all wires ect. Dealer has no idea. At this point I'm waiting on dealer to contact BRP. Did you get yours repaired?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My friend had a CB installed on his 2013 RT Limited and the transmission & receiving range was less the 200 feet. Brought it to a different dealer to check installation and found the wiring was screwed up, got it straightened out and now have a range of 1.2 miles much better. Not as good as my Wing but OK.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My CB was installed about three years ago and about 200 ft has been its maximum range.