Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default since we are talking about warranty, BEST expiration date question

I am going to talk to my dealer next time I'm there but I thought I would ask to see if anyone else had the same experience.

First I paid 1100.00. Apparently 350.00 more than I should have. But anyway...

The contract I signed says that my warranty is from 5/5/2013 to 5/5/2018 which is what I expected. However when I received a BEST card, it says it expires 5/4/2016. A full two years be for it is suppose to.

My contract doesn't say anything about BEST. It just says "Western Service Contract Corp. Extended Service Contract Motorcycle" so I was confused when I got a BEST card.

Am I missing something? Do I have two different extended warranties? Anyone have an idea about what is going on?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

It sounds like to me that;

You have two years of manufacuturer warranty, and you recieved a ONE year BEST promotion from purchasing your spyder during promotional times, and then they sold you on an extended warranty through Western for $1100. Western is an aftermarket warranty company, and you can cancel with them should you decide to. You can always cancel with Western, then purchase an additional 2 years of BEST warranty.
    This is all what I think they did not 100%...Let me know if you need any help!

- Bryce

Quote Originally Posted by AWEInCA View Post
    I am going to talk to my dealer next time I'm there but I thought I would ask to see if anyone else had the same experience.

First I paid 1100.00. Apparently 350.00 more than I should have. But anyway...

The contract I signed says that my warranty is from 5/5/2013 to 5/5/2018 which is what I expected. However when I received a BEST card, it says it expires 5/4/2016. A full two years be for it is suppose to.

My contract doesn't say anything about BEST. It just says "Western Service Contract Corp. Extended Service Contract Motorcycle" so I was confused when I got a BEST card.

Am I missing something? Do I have two different extended warranties? Anyone have an idea about what is going on?

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

There have been some promotions providing a year of BEST. Sounds like your dealer snuck the Western Service warranty in on you, but BRP automatically provided the BEST...giving you double coverage...theoretically.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    There have been some promotions providing a year of BEST. Sounds like your dealer snuck the Western Service warranty in on you, but BRP automatically provided the BEST...giving you double coverage...theoretically.

Spyder Garage

When I finally received my BEST extended warranty card from BRP (took over 4 months after purchase), it showed that I had purchased only a single year of extended coverage, when I had actually paid for 3 years (to begin after 2 years of BRP warranty), for a total of 5 years coverage. Took the paperwork to the dealer, and about 2 weeks later, got a call from him stating that someone had made a mistake on the coverage dates and I will be receiving a new card with corrected information. Don't know who was responsible for mistake.

If anyone has a BEST warranty card, worth taking another look to be sure the coverage dates are correct!