Thread: sirius xm onyx

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default sirius xm onyx

I just traded my 2010 RT for 2013 Rt limited I love it. I want to get a Sirius radio. Thinking of xm onyx. Has anyone installed it and mounted on the bike so you can change chanels? And do you get much interference. Thanks.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I just bought the same set with the motorcycle bundle...Won't be putting it on the Spyder until after we return from Maggie/Valley and Lamonts BBQ. I have a question for those who are knowledgeable...Do I have to connect the receiver to a radio or can I play it thru my GPS/ear pods? I've got a 2009 GS so no radio....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

XM onyx?
    Is that a setup that can transmit on an FM frequency to your existing radio?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    XM onyx?
    Is that a setup that can transmit on an FM frequency to your existing radio?
    http://www.xm-radio-satellite.com/si...ries_kits.aspx

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Littlebadwolf View Post
    It plugs into a cig liter in truck and plays through radio.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lockwing View Post
    It plugs into a cig liter in truck and plays through radio.
    No radio on my GS...

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just traded my 2010 RT for 2013 Rt limited I love it. I want to get a Sirius radio. Thinking of xm onyx. Has anyone installed it and mounted on the bike so you can change chanels? And do you get much interference. Thanks.
    i run this unit with a inline amp that boosts the volume plugged into the aux plug in trunk works great as ev1 knows you cant change the channel but heck i listen to 1 station 70's and if i get tired can always change when i stop for fuel.
    but to answer your question there was a post on here where they have mounted on handle bars using a ram mount, but remember they ain't waterproof.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scooterexpress View Post
    i run this unit with a inline amp that boosts the volume plugged into the aux plug in trunk works great as ev1 knows you cant change the channel but heck i listen to 1 station 70's and if i get tired can always change when i stop for fuel.
    but to answer your question there was a post on here where they have mounted on handle bars using a ram mount, but remember they ain't waterproof.
    THANKS SE. thats a good point about being water proof. I THINK I will try it both ways. Orderd it yesterday its on the way. I will try to find out more info about an in line amp.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

THANKS SE. thats a good point about being water proof. I THINK I will try it both ways. Orderd it yesterday its on the way. I will try to find out more info about an in line amp.
    True...Mot waterproof but the bundle come with a zipper case that helps deter water...Don't know if it's effective yet.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

zip lock bag over it works, I use that on my dash mounted garmin

Spyder Garage

I have this set up on both my bikes......I got the auto kit for the radio....it comes with the holder, antenae, and power plug in......I used a large u-bolt from Home Depot to mount on the handlebars of the Spyder......covered it with shrink wrap......ran the antenae wire under the dash by removing the cover of the speaker and ran the antennae to the right mirror, attached it with velcro.......placed a power plug in the speaker cover so I can plug the radio in......and set my Spyder radio to a station that is blank....and the XM radio to the same station......very easy..took no time at all!! works great...I carry a zip lock bag for when it rains! I can take the Onyx radio from bike to bike!