Spyder Garage

Default 12 Volt Outlet died

I have a 2012 RT with the 12V outlet in the rear trunk. I was using a portable air pump to inflate the rear shock air bag and I turned the pump off to check the pressure...and when I turned the air pump on again I got nothing as the outlet just died. I checked the air pump on another 12V plug and it works fine. I looked in the manual and on this site but haven't been able to determine the exact fuse I should check. I pulled he colored fuses in the frunk and didn't see any burnouts. Anyone have any recommendations on what I should check next?

Spyder Garage

try the pump in another outlet... like, in your car... if it works, it the 12V outlet on your SPYDER, if not, then your outlet is good, and the pump is shot....
    also, check your fuse box to see if you've blown a fuse....
    002.jpg

Spyder Garage

I dont have access to my manual right now but hang on, someone will come to the rescue shortly.

Cruzr joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

F9 10 amp fuse. What is the compressor amp rating?

Spyder Garage

Is there a pump with less than 10a? All the ones I saw at wally world had more than 10a after I googled them...

JT

Thinks out loud
    Spyder Garage

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post
    Is there a pump with less than 10a? All the ones I saw at wally world had more than 10a after I googled them...

JT
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A3SVPXJ8UAPO3G

http://www.ridermagazine.com/gear/ai...or-review.htm/

Note: no longer comes with BMW size plug.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/motor...irman-sparrow/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_x8R-WxAf0
    Last edited by Jeriatric; 07-09-2013 at 10:57 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

F9 in the frunk ... 10a. For some reason, when I unplug my Sirius receiver it blows the fuse - even if the radio is off so I just leave it plugged in. I installed a SAE 2 pin plug under the seat that works for my battery maintainer and the compressor. I guess it would also work for heated gear, if that is something you use. I have it on an inline 20a fuse.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the links, if they have battery clips it is a moot point. The slime one in one review had them but the ones at wally world had only the power plug. If my bicycle pump was smaller I'd just take it along, it's what I use in the shop anyway.

JT

Thinks out loud
    Spyder Garage

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post
    Thanks for the links, if they have battery clips it is a moot point. The slime one in one review had them but the ones at wally world had only the power plug. If my bicycle pump was smaller I'd just take it along, it's what I use in the shop anyway.

JT
    Just an FYI.

Here's a hand pump for you. Small, very capable. Will not give you the volume your shop floor pump does, but it will get the job done, and is easy to store.

http://www.amazon.com/Topeak-Road-Mo...d_sim_sbs_sg_1

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by captblack View Post
    F9 in the frunk ... 10a. For some reason, when I unplug my Sirius receiver it blows the fuse - even if the radio is off so I just leave it plugged in. I installed a SAE 2 pin plug under the seat that works for my battery maintainer and the compressor. I guess it would also work for heated gear, if that is something you use. I have it on an inline 20a fuse.
    Your Sirius receiver plug is probably shorting the outlet as you unplug it. Cigarette outlets are known for this bad habit with some plugs.

Spyder Garage

My outlet won't charge my cell. Plug it in lights up like its hot but cell never takes a charge. Month or so ago cell read something like volts out of range or something never seen that before or since. Two different charger leads. I have hooked my tender to this before could that have damaged it? 2012 RT

Wow Bob!
    Sent from my home in Central Texas!
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks everyone

Swapping the 10a in F9 did the trick and the plug is working again. I looked all over the air pump and didn't see a amp rating...but I had used that pump several times before. I guess it was just that fuses day to die.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Just an FYI.

Here's a hand pump for you. Small, very capable. Will not give you the volume your shop floor pump does, but it will get the job done, and is easy to store.

http://www.amazon.com/Topeak-Road-Mo...d_sim_sbs_sg_1
    Now that's an idea, I'll just grab the pump off of my Giant when I take the bikes out...

Thanks for the link
    JT