Spyder Garage

Default Originating new ISO grips

I just got my new Kuryakyn black ISO grips in the mail. I was wondering which way most of you guys orientated them? With the rubber up and down or forward and backward? It feels better than stock both ways. Right now I am leaning towards forward and backward, but was curious as to what my fellow riders did...........

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool

I have the same grips and i positioned them front to back for comfort, also u will have to polish sand the throttle grip to fit the new iso's on the plastic twist part its to large for the grip to fit on.
    Do a few dry fittings before glueing and push and twist so the grip goes on in the right orientation than pull up the rubber dimples through the black housings.
    Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the tips I have been hearing the same in all my research. I also need to possibly machine the end hole bigger. I wanted to use my BRP weights and ends if possible. I will see when I get home tonight. Not even sure they would look good yet.

Spyder Garage

I mounted mine w/o glue by wrapping the bars with some heavy friction tape. Gorilla tape I think. Had more trouble getting the left one tight than the right. I have the rubber pads on the top and bottom. Never thought about rotating them for more comfort. I'm going to try that soon. On my GW trike they were really comfortable. On the Spyder not as much. Now I have something to try. Why didn't I think of that???

Obviously too simple for me to notice. Ooops!

Spyder Garage

I used a sanding drum on my rotorery tool to enlarge the end holes so that the Throttlemeister would fit through.

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift

Spyder Garage

I dry fitted them last night. I have them at work to open the holes in the ends of them. I think I like the look of the BRP ends with them so going to do that (can always change back). I will post pics when completed.
    I also decided that I like them front to back and slightly rotated forward from there.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by YPILOT View Post
    I used a sanding drum on my rotorery tool to enlarge the end holes so that the Throttlemeister would fit through.
    +1 I did the same thing

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Great sounds like u have a handle on it i also baught the iso palm rest rings and end caps they look verry good and ther is no custom fitment involved just change the allen screws and install the iso end caps.
    Mike