Threaded View

Spyder Garage

RE: the fuel guage issue. As an owner of two different RT's, I have had the same issues with both. The analog gauges are just not as accurate as the digital ones. I had two guages replaced on my 2010 and the second one responded just as badly. The guages would also bounce around going down the road. Do I have half a tank, or is it one fourth a tank? End result, I have disconnected the gauges from both my RT's and allow the digital gauges to function.

I do wholeheartedly agree that the analog gauges--for the most part--are . I also agree that we should expect better on a $30K machine. At the moment, no one is listening--so what do you do? I like the , so have chosen to live with the gas gauge "fix" (disconnect and go to digital).

Once you get to where you know what your is going to do on a consistent basis, the process will become easier. E.G. My gets a pretty much consistent 30 MPG. I zero a tripmeter each time I fill. My low fuel light goes on somewhere between 140 and 150 miles. The manual says the tank has 6.6 gal capacity. That allows for some expansion room. The most I have ever put into the tank was 5.8 gallons and that was at 184 miles. If I fill the spyder within a few miles of the low fuel light, I generally put in 5 gallons and the mileage is pretty close to 150, if I let it go that far. I don't always run my until the low fuel light goes on, most trips I get gas where I feel I need to--usually about 100 mile intervals.

Hope this will not cause you to dislike the --but it is one of the "quirks" we live with currently.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 07-05-2013 at 03:15 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red