Page 28 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Default we just made it back to Cincy

Thank God, Teddys personal vet is here today & he's back with her now & is stable. I can't say the sam

RT-S PE#0031
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    Thank God, Teddys personal vet is here today & he's back with her now & is stable. I can't say the sam
    Is Teddy having problems?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default What's wrong with the Tedster??

I nothing serious.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Dave & Teds Most Excellent Adventures 2013

Praying that everything is ok!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default What Happened?

Dave ... what happened? Are you and Teddy sick? Did you, or he, have a medical crisis while away from home? Did you get into an accident? Did Teddy get hurt somehow?

Sorry to press with so many questions ... but your tone is certainly ominous! that all is okay ..... Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

whats up with Teddy?

I missed you at the event grounds, and then since I had to leave Lamont's early to head back home, I saw you pass by in a parade of Spyders on the way to Lamonts as I was heading out

oh well, no Dave & Teddy adventure for me at the owners event......

next time

I hope Teddy is ok! and you too!

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation Teddy is NOT ok, but will hopefully be with time & care

Please let me 1st say, this is no one's fault but my own. Accidents happen & most of us try our best to avoid or prepare for the worse & the same has been true when it comes to Teddy, but yesterday I failed him

I've known for a while that group ryding really isn't a good fit for us, as I've written about in previous posts, for different reasons. But one reason I hadn't discussed was the attention that it takes to be part of a group ryde less alone the attention it takes to be a group leader & sadly, that attention has to come from somewhere and yesterday, that was to Teddy's detriment

Long story short, I had the Teddy-Cam set to the 2nd camera to watch for the ryders following behind us, and not on Teddy. The GPS leading our group to Lamonts from Maggie Valley called for us to take a small side road when I noticed the yellow Spyder was no longer behind us as they were, so we had to come to an abrupt stop so they could catch up & not miss the sharp turn. I hadn't realized that Teddy was standing when we came to the abrupt stop & consequently flipped over the side of his carrier. His safety harness did its job & kept him from being thrown from the sled. But then, something unplanned for happened.

His Vet, Dr. Neiman, confirmed he had gained over a pound over this past weekend and in doing so, his 12+ pounds caused the adjustable strap used to tether him to slip to its full-out position, unthinkably allowing him to hang low enough to come into contact with the hot exhaust & even the road with his hind paws

With the camera set for rear view, I didn't see this & my attention was on the group instead of him His safety harness secures around his chest and front paws, so there was no chance he would get choked, thank god but with the adjustable strap let out to its fullest due to his weight, he was hanging there next to the exhaust and with his tippy toes of his hind paws touching the asphalt and I did the unthinkable not knowing this, when I saw a Spyder pulling in behind us, I started going forward again

We had done the Dragon & the Rattler & he had never had an issue with keeping his balance & I guess I was complacent in his safety & allowed my attention to be flowed to other priorities, that of the group instead of where it should always be, on him.

I had just rolled on the throttle when Stan, who was behind us saw what had happened and started honking his horn to alert me Probably saving Teddy's life Not knowing why he was honking, I let off the throttle and quickly checked my mirrors & saw Teddy hanging over the side of the right saddle-bag the frantic look in his little eyes will likely haunt me forever. Sheer Panic, struggling to do what he could to stay away from the intense heat of the exhaust & keep his paws off the asphalt.

I instinctively did as we'd practiced, and immediately reached back and swung him back up into his carrier where he was once again safe. I switched the camera and could see he was ok, stressing and licking his rear paws, but ok for the most part. We kept going following the group the next 5 minutes to Lamonts, and then proceeded to give him a thorough check out once we got stopped at his wifes sewing cabin so we were kind of out of sight so we could do the assessment without immediately getting bombarded by his fans.

He wouldn't walk on his left rear leg & I feared he had broken it, but couldn't feel anything broken, but the pad on his paw was burnt & had signs of road rash with a tinge of blood. My heart sank, cause this was my fault, and I started stressing. Did what I could, put a fresh ice pack under his carrier pad for him, so he at least had a cool pad to sit on & thankfully Bobby & his wife gave me a tube of burn cream that they had & I applied it to his injured rear paws. Stan stayed and talked with me to help calm my nerves & Robin & her husband was kind enough to go get food for both of us, thank you all.

For the most part, I didn't say anything to anyone that stopped to take pics, as it was more drama than I could've dealt with at the time, so if I was short with you, my apologies. Teddy was able to pose for a few pics but he was hot and stressed so as soon as Robin got her new exhaust installed, the 4 of us took our leave, heading back to Cincy.

With me being so stressed, and over heated, I had to stop after a couple of hours cause I was getting dizzy and the beginnings of a migraine& noticed I had problems keeping the sled in a straight line, so I didn't push myself, m fearing a wreck & stopped at the next fuel station. I explained to the others how my body is, and that the only thing that would help me was to take a nap, so I got them to agree to leave us behind & to go on, and that we'd take a nap and then head back out when I felt better.

TBC........... sorry, battery almost dead......... the rest later, just know, Teddy will be ok

magical member
    Spyder Garage

I hope teddy is feeling better after the scare. Fingers crossed for the both of you.

harry

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hope Teddy and you both feel better soon!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear about Teddy .... But great to hear he will recover and you both made it home ..... Try not to be too hard on yourself !

Everyone ,and Teddy , knows how much you love the little guy. Maybe you and Teddy could be the rear Ryder in a group , if you do group ryde again, then everyone else is in front and you don't have to watch anyone but Teddy.

Hope your both out ryding again soon

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation the drama continues

So I parked the camper at the rear of the gas station so it was mostly in the shade, got a bag of ice and poured it into our cooler, leaving the lid open to provide a sort of cool air conditioning for us in the camper and we proceeded to take a nap.

About a half an hour later, I'm awakened by a female voice with a southern drawl talking on the phone, but I can't make out what she's saying, but she sounded much like Robin, who actually is a local Spyder Ryder, one of which I recently posted about being snubbed by a local Spyder Ryder on a yellow RS, but I came to find out, there are 2 yellow RS ryders in our country area that we hadn't met, and Robin is the one that waved back to us. We got to meet Robin & her husband at Maggie Valley for the first time, go figure Anyways, when I took ill, the mom came out in Robin & she quickly jumped into action, getting us some Gatoraide to replace our electrolites that we'd been losing in the heat of the day. Not being totally cohearant, I was worried that she may had turned around and came back, but that was needless, as there was nothing she could do for us, so we got up to check, but the lady was gone. I figured it must have been an employee of the gas station on a break and took it out back talking on the phone.

But since we were up, and I was feeling a little better, I changed into cooler clothes and decided to continue on, wanting to get Teddy to proper medical care as soon as possible. We made it about another hour, I think right before the KY border and I started to feel nauseous and knew I needed to once again stop. I pulled over & programmed the gps to find the closest hotel and it was just about 3 miles ahead, so on we trudged and made it to a hotel. I knew from the way I felt that I was stressed and also heat exhausted so that's why I figured to give in and just get a room for the night, so Teddy and I could both get some much needed rest in cool air conditioning, which was much needed.

Needless to say, this was the ultimate road side dive hotel, complete with a 40 year old pool that hadn't seen water in many years & even tho there was another car in the lot, I think it belonged to the owner who lived there and that Teddy & I were actually the only ones staying there last night. Hey, it was a bed and air conditioning, and even tho I couldn't afford, that's why we always take an emergency credit card with us & this was an emergency. After checking in, we ran down the street and got some food to take back to the room. I was a little concerned about security, but couldn't bring myself to get the cover out & put it over the sled like we would normally do, so I just made sure to park right outside our window, like that really does any good.

I had to take Teddy out to potty about every 45 minutes & it broke my heart, cause I'd have to carry him out, set him down, and watch as he'd hobble on 3 legs & struggle to make his way around. I felt so sorry, when he made his usual 'potty stance' and he then promptly fell right over on his side. He readily got back up and figured out how to 'do it' with a different stance.

When we woke up around 9am, I was feeling much better and my head was clear, but I was still stressed knowing Teddy was in pain and he was suffering, so I quickly showered and gathered our things and headed out to the sled. Immediately, i noticed something was different and panic quickly over took me, thinking the worse at first. There was a folded piece of paper in my empty cup holder and at first thought it had to be a note from the hotel owner or something, but I was pleasantly surprised to find it was a note from Dax (KingGeek) & his family. I had shut my phone off, so I hadn't seen his text msg to us saying that they were driving by on their way home from missing us at the Bar-B-Q & they say Teds Red Sled & Camper in the empty lot and stopped to say hey, but we were still sleeping.

Everything else was the same, so we packed up, checked out, and headed north once again. Thankfully, most the rest of the trip it was overcast & cooler but we still got lucky and didn't run into any rain. We made it to Florence KY and Teddy's Vet right around 2pm today, and I was so ThankFul that Teddy's personal Vet (Dr. Neiman) was on duty and as soon as I explained what had happened, they quickly rushed his back and she personally did a full assesment on the lil guy. After about 15 minutes, she came out to talk with me, find out what had happened and to explain her findings. I felt so guilty I busted out in tears right there in the waiting area as I explained what I had done to the poor lil guy and she herself was almost in tears as I explained it all, and she reaffirmed that Teddy was going to be ok, and that we all know the risks that we take, but that she knows hos much Teddy enjoys ryding, and how much joy that he brings to so many, and that accidents do happen, but we need to keep being vigilant and not let this stop us. I swear, I love his Vet, she's worked with us since day 1 with Teddy being a Spyder Ryder and even tho we've had some bumps and bruises along the way, she knows how much we both enjoy it and that the risks are totally worth it. She knows how much I love the lil guy, and that I wouldn't do anything if we honestly thought it was going to hurt him. Having her to reassure me was much needed.

She then proceeded to explain that he has road-rash and slight burns on his left rear paw, but worse, was that now his right kneecap was luxating like his left one did last year and ultimately had to have surgery on. She doesn't think its to that point, but may progressively get worse with time just like his left one did when it ultimately popped for good at the 2011 SpyderFest. She gave us more pain meds and also an antibiotic creme to put on his paws and to try to keep him drugged up and out of pain for the next 7days and then we'll reassess his progress and go from there, but she was positive for the outcome.

Even after getting home and taking a nap, Teddy still wanted to go for a ryde when I went to get dinner. I thought he might be scared, but when I asked him, he still wanted to go, excited when I asked. He couldn't jump up like usual and I had to pick him up and set him in his carrier, but he still seemed happy to ryde. He's sleeping next to my legs right now, drugged up and resting comfortably.

And ppl don't understand why I shy away from drama.............................

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

take care of the little guy

I hope he heals up quickly

get some much needed rest and relaxation (both of you)

regards, jeff

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default RELIEVED

Sorry to hear about what happened. Thank goodness both of you made it home safe and sound.

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Post Its gonna be a rough few days

Poor lil guy, I hate keep'n him so drugged up, but right now, that's the best thing for him. We actually went to bed about 11:30 last night, & I gave him his pain meds right before, but by 2am, he was up whining in pain. I checked, he didn't have to go potty nor was he thirsty, and I was right there for comfort, so I'm guessing that pain had to be the reason, so needless to say, neither of us got much sleep last night. Its just so hard for him to get comfortable right now & I hated leaving him this morning, but had to return to work. Will have to run home on lunch break to give him more of his meds, or he'd be really hating life by the time I get home from work, & I just can't bare to do that to him. One day at a time right now

Spyder Garage

for you and Teddy! It will get better!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Did this happen on the way to Lamonts? So sorry to hear about this!! Give the little guy a treat from me!

Spyder Garage

Default Dave & Teds Most Excellent Adventures 2013

I'm so sorry to hear this Dave ! I am glad Teddy is okay even though it'll take some time to heal and not be in pain. Both you and Teddy have been such a great help and inspiration for us and getting our beagle Cooper to ride. He rode all weekend with us. You are a great "dad" to Teddy and i know he knows that you'd never do anything on purpose to hurt him. We will keep you and Teddy in our prayers
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Givi Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up You can't keep this pup down

I've been worried, that with our recent mis-hap, this may have actually been our last of Teddy wanting to ryde on his Sled, I mean, if I had gone thru what he went thru, I'd have a hard time 'Get'n back on the horse' so to speak. But not this little guy, he's as rare'n to go as ever and its his choice, not mineas I'd NEVER force him to do it if he didn't want to do it

Personally, I was scared to even try, but not Teddy. When I asked if he wanted to go for a ryde, he wagged his tail, signaling a positive lets go dad I've been keeping him drugged up as his Vet has reccommended, but also allowing him his independence and with that, he hopped down all the outside stairs yesterday without my assistance, all on 3 legs As soon as he got out our gated entrance, he went straight inside the garage and stood beside his Sled and awaited me to pick him up and put him in his carrier. I made sure to correct for our previous issue, taking all adjustment out of the tether strap, and also relocating the position so its more in the middle than to the right side as it was. Now, if he was to go over again, he would only hang as far as the saddle-bag, and couldn't go any lower, couldn't reach the exhaust or the ground
    We have lived and we have learned and are stronger for it

I thought standing up in his carrier would be too difficult for the lil guy, but once again, ole 'TryPod' proved me wrong. The Cincinnati Reds baseball team were having a game last night, so we rode around the ball-park with many fans out in the streets, and Teddy had to stand on his one good leg and pose and give them a show to look at as if on que My heart sank at first, but I knew fighting for him to stay seated would be a loosing battle, and I just have to take solice that I've done what I can to prevent what happened, from ever happening again

Got him some fries and went to the park at sun-set, and I even got to see ole 'TryPod' run around for a second on 3 legs, was a funny sight but warmed my heart

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Teddy

I feel for the little guy and you too. I know how much you love Teddy. I can just imagine your horror when you discovered what happened to Teddy. Chin up pal.........everything and Teddy will get better. Prayers for you both.
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Cool Good News

I'm so happy Teddy got a good report from his vet. We will keep our fingers crossed and prayers coming for your little buddy and you.

Spyder Garage

Dave, so sorry to hear about Teddy. He is such a trooper and I know will be himself again very quickly. He makes me smile every time I see him or a picture of him. Give him lots of love from his Spyder family.

Spyder Garage

Default Teddy love & support

Well I guess those four plates of beef tenderloin and sweet potatoes I watched the little guy eat on Thursday night just about got the better of him. Dave, don't beat yourself up too bad, Teddy has already forgiven you. And we all know you would give your own life for that little guy at any time. Give him hugs and kisses from Lenny & Kathy, and know that you are also in our hearts. Ryde on guys!!

Spyder Garage

Default Thank, God!

I just heard about Teddy. My ryding buddy pup is Abby and is my life. I know how close you are to your pal. Thank God he is OK and still wants to ride. Give him a kiss from me.
    Laura Bucher

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Dave & Teddy

I posted your adventure with Teddy on Girls on Spyders on facebook. Tons of prayers are coming your way for you & Teddy. GOS has allot of clout so everything will be okay.
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Dave,
    Just wanted to send (((HUGS))) and prayers for you and Teddy. You two hold a special place in my heart, and I know that he will be okay. He has you to care for him, and he loves you unconditionally. Continued good thoughts for healing for both of you. Love and hugs, Kris (also a GOS)

Page 28 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast