Thread: LED ING !!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default LED ING !!

Just wanted to check in with the group if I need to get an additonal fuse box for all my LED projects. Will start adding LEDs to my RT and want to make sure my spyder can handle it.
    Also, I need to tap into the mirror wiring. Any advice on removing them? I feel like they may brake as I try to jank them out.

Thanks much

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

If you are talking about an RT, the mirrors certainly will break if you try to yank them off. They are held on by two spring clips...one at the front and one at bottom rear, and a keyhole clip at the top rear that must be slid up before pulling outward. Best way I have found is to support the mirror with one hand (resisting moving it too far) and rap sharply with your palm to unseat the spring clips. First rap backwards at the outer edge of the mirror, then rap upwards. Don't go too far, especially at the rear, or you may break the plastic keyhole clip. After the spring clips are loose, raise the mirror straight up to disengage the keyhole, then remove the mirror. Carefully pull the wires out of the console until the connector is all the way out, then unplug the connector. Be careful not to lose the wiring back inside the console, or you will learn some new cuss words. Reinstallation is the reverse of removal.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Great advice, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    If you are talking about an RT, the mirrors certainly will break if you try to yank them off. They are held on by two spring clips...one at the front and one at bottom rear, and a keyhole clip at the top rear that must be slid up before pulling outward. Best way I have found is to support the mirror with one hand (resisting moving it too far) and rap sharply with your palm to unseat the spring clips. First rap backwards at the outer edge of the mirror, then rap upwards. Don't go too far, especially at the rear, or you may break the plastic keyhole clip. After the spring clips are loose, raise the mirror straight up to disengage the keyhole, then remove the mirror. Carefully pull the wires out of the console until the connector is all the way out, then unplug the connector. Be careful not to lose the wiring back inside the console, or you will learn some new cuss words. Reinstallation is the reverse of removal.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Make sure you post pictures once you are done lighting it up.