Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    When you perfect that let me know, i want to do the same thing.

Cruzr joe
    Joe,

All the parts will be here tomorrow to fill both tires to the exact same pressure...

John

Spyder Garage

When I picked up the Spyder from the dealer and we loaded it on the trailer the tech was wiping the underside of the left by the black wing thing and mumbling that he spilled some oil. When I got home and unloaded the bike and put it in the garage I noticed a drop of oil on the floor so I put a paper rag down under the bike. The next day I went to drive to town and the paper rag was soaked with clean oil... I'll see this morning if it is still leaking. Just thinking out loud and I don't even know how to check the oil on the Spyder... I better get the book out.

John

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post
    the tech was wiping the underside of the left by the black wing thing and mumbling that he spilled some oil.
    John
    drives you nuts........stuff happens just clean it up so you don't have to wonder do I have a leak or don't I?

Spyder Garage

Not a good sight this morning, one rag soaked through with fresh clean oil... it's still leaking. I put a cup under the leaking spot.

John

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Yea, so much that I'm thinking about a way to fill both tires at the same time to make sure they are dead nuts the same...

John
    Good idea!!!

Ron

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Not a good sight this morning, one rag soaked through with fresh clean oil... it's still leaking. I put a cup under the leaking spot.

John
    John , I would call the guys up and tell them the proublem you have sence your service , they may have damaged one of the oil rings that seal the filter caps or may have not tightened plug ,or bolts. They may want you to bring it back if you have time!!

Really agrevating !!!!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

I wish I lived 5 miles from my dealer but they are $50 in gas away if I haul it back.

I will call them but if it is something a machinist/mechanic/engineer can fix I'll save the fuel.

John

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I wish I lived 5 miles from my dealer but they are $50 in gas away if I haul it back.

I will call them but if it is something a machinist/mechanic/engineer can fix I'll save the fuel.

John
    yea doint blame you , I plan on doing my oil changes , I took mine in for first 600 m service for not to void warranty
    125 miles away to for to go unless there is a issue ,I can't resolve

Spyder Garage

Well I took the tupperware off the left side and finding one cross threaded body screw part way screwed in, the little wing tabs were not in the slots, and oil all over the inside of the left side I'm not impressed at all... can you spill that much oil inside a bike and not clean it up? WTF!

I'm just glad it did not get on the drive belt...

How much difference does it make if the engine is fully up to operating temperature when checking the oil?

John pops the top on a cold adult beverage and takes the rest of the night off.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well I took the tupperware off the left side and finding one cross threaded body screw part way screwed in, the little wing tabs were not in the slots, and oil all over the inside of the left side I'm not impressed at all... can you spill that much oil inside a bike and not clean it up? WTF!

I'm just glad it did not get on the drive belt...

How much difference does it make if the engine is fully up to operating temperature when checking the oil?

John pops the top on a cold adult beverage and takes the rest of the night off.
    sounds to me like the service tech pooped the top on one before working on your spyder. i'd let the dealer know that you are not happy with what happened!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    sounds to me like the service tech pooped the top on one before working on your spyder. i'd let the dealer know that you are not happy with what happened!
    I will be on the phone with them tomorrow so they can replace the fouled up screw and pal nut.

I ran the engine for a few minutes then shut down and checked the oil. It was at the bottom of the stick... if the temperature indicator is not at the middle will this make much of a difference in the oil level?

Thanks
    John who is much more calmed down now...

Edit: until I saw the price of the screw and pal nut they are $5 each!
    Last edited by jthornton; 04-04-2013 at 07:21 PM.

Spyder Garage

When I looked this morning I could clearly see a drop of oil on the oil tank drain plug. So I wiped it off and got a allen key to test the torque and it was finger tight! It's a bit of fun to read a torque wrench with a mirror but it is now torqued to 20 Nm. I guess I'll take it out for a ride and get it up to operating temperature and check the oil level.

John

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

When I looked this morning I could clearly see a drop of oil on the oil tank drain plug. So I wiped it off and got a allen key to test the torque and it was finger tight! It's a bit of fun to read a torque wrench with a mirror but it is now torqued to 20 Nm. I guess I'll take it out for a ride and get it up to operating temperature and check the oil level.

John
    Better check the sump drain plug, too.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Better check the sump drain plug, too.
    Good idea, I'll check that before I button it up.

I took the BlueWing for a ride up to the dealer and came back with a MP3 pouch for the trunk, 2 quarts of oil, a replacement screw and pal nut, and a bunch of apologies from the tech for leaving the drain plug loose. I feel much better about it now.

John

Spyder Garage

I had my 600 service done today at Larson Power Sports in Fife, WA. Stopped by on Monday, made an appointment in person with the tech to drop it off on Thursday. When I dropped the trike, they happily found someone to drive me home. Played 18 holes this morning (Friday), and my golf partner dropped me by Larson, where I found my RT ready and washed and waiting for me to drive it home on a perfect northwest day. The service manager spent time explaining what had been done and gladly excepted my 15% off coupon, and I was more than happy to pay only $249. and I quote from the repair order: " First service: Changed engine oil and filter, inspected oil strainer, replaced HCM filter, inspected coolant level and condition (topped off reservoir), checked for fault codes, inspected parking brake function, inspected body panels and storage latches, checked drive belt adjustment (in spec at 550N) adjusted alignment, lubed front suspension arms, checked wheels and tires (set pressure to 17psi front and 28psi rear), inspected lights and switches for proper operation, inspected spark plugs (good and clean), re-set service interval, test drove - runs great." I would like to applaud Larson for it's treatment of my Spyder, and making me feel like I have a partner in the care of my 30+ grand toy! I would recommend them to any Power Sport owner! tell 'um Curt sent ya!

Spyder Garage

That's a dealer who knows how to stay in business... treat your customer right and give 1st quality service.

JT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    What is estimate $$$$ for 600 mile check up
    Lilly,
    If you take your Spyder to Jacksonville Power Sports, $350.00 dollars is a ballpark figure.

Richard

Spyder Garage

I'm taking my Spyder for its 600 mile service next Saturday. I called them today on the phone and arranged and set up my appointment as I told them that I would be waiting for the bike as they are about 40 miles away. Said it would take them about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. They get $300.00 for the 600 mile service, seems alittle high but whats a guy to do but pay.

Spyder Garage

That right it between $300.00 $400.00 dollars it is prizes.