Thread: Corbin seat

Spyder Garage

Default Corbin seat

I will be trading my 2010 RT in on a 2013 Limited. I took off the Corbin seat with the Lamonster cut and put the factory seat back on. The stock seat is so uncomfortable . What a difference! My butt detected the difference right away.For those of you wondering, an aftermarket seat makes a huge change in comfort.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I bought a 1 year old Corbin with backrest at Lamont's BBQ from another Member of the forum.Best mod I have makes a world of difference.

Ivor

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm very interested in this thread. I too am purchasing the 2013 Spyder (RT-S). When I ordered my Corbin seat, I pointed out to the sales person that the frame of the 2013 "MAY" be different than the 10 - 12, thus requiring a revision in the seat. The sales person agreed and said that Corbin may have to acquire a 2013 RT-S to make sure the present "mold" works.

Perhaps someone else more knowledgable could chime in?

Chris

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question:
    Does the Lamonster Cut sit you down "lower" into the bike??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

With the Lamonster cut you sit into the seat not on top of the seat. It may be a tad bit lower, but it is so much more comfortable for me.

Spyder Garage

Default corbin seat

I have a 2013 RT-S and took it to Corbins for my new seat. Same base as early models but, they modified padding to fit my butt better. Way better than stock seat. Corbin now puts a gas door in the seat. Love that. Passenger or gear doesn't need to be removed to gas up.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder Smyles's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

What is a Lamonster Cut seat? I am ordering my Corbin seat tomorrow for my 2013 RT-S and would love to know what a Lamonster Cut is before I order it. Does it make you sit in the seat more that the stock? Do you ask for the Lamonster Cut when you order it or is it called something else?

I have been to the Corbin factory twice to have a Custom seat made for my Goldwing but this time I have to order over the phone and I need to make sure I tell them exactly what I want. Any info on the Lamonster Cut would be appreciated.
    CURRENT: 2015 Yellow RT-S SE6 "Smiling All the Way"
    CB, Satelite Radio, BRP Vented Windshield, BRP Adjustable Handwings, Cup Holder, EZ Pass Holder, Side Saddle Cargo Nets, Smiley Face FLO, Smiley Flower Face Decals, Tri Axel Handlebar's, Corbin Heated Seat, Baker Built Upper/Lower Air Wings, BumpSkid, High Third Brake/Running Light, Brake/Running Light/Turn Signal License Plate, Turn Signals in Mirrors.

PAST: 2013 Yellow RT-S SE5 - Loaded with lots of goodies.

Spyder Garage

One more question do the customer service reps at Corbin know what a Lamonster Cut is when you ask for it?
    CB, Satelite Radio, BRP Vented Windshield, BRP Adjustable Handwings, Cup Holder, EZ Pass Holder, Side Saddle Cargo Nets, Smiley Face FLO, Smiley Flower Face Decals, Tri Axel Handlebar's, Corbin Heated Seat, Baker Built Upper/Lower Air Wings, BumpSkid, High Third Brake/Running Light, Brake/Running Light/Turn Signal License Plate, Turn Signals in Mirrors.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Smyles View Post
    What is a Lamonster Cut seat? I am ordering my Corbin seat tomorrow for my 2013 RT-S and would love to know what a Lamonster Cut is before I order it. Does it make you sit in the seat more that the stock? Do you ask for the Lamonster Cut when you order it or is it called something else?

I have been to the Corbin factory twice to have a Custom seat made for my Goldwing but this time I have to order over the phone and I need to make sure I tell them exactly what I want. Any info on the Lamonster Cut would be appreciated.
    It shaped more like a tractor seat and sits you in the seat instead of on top of it. Pretty much everyone that sits on it loves it and Corbin sells more of those than they do their stock seat. This is not the material you would get unless you asked for it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Smyles View Post
    One more question do the customer service reps at Corbin know what a Lamonster Cut is when you ask for it?
    Yes, they have a part number for it now.

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the info and the pictures it is a big help. Looks like I will be a new member of the Corbin Lamonster Cut Club in the near future!

Thinks out loud
    Spyder Garage

Talking

New bike purchase and the first mod is always.....Corbin. Motto....when you find a saddle mfg. that makes your azz happy.....stay with them.

Spyder Garage

Picked up my Limited after having the 600 mile service, one of the salesman drove it out front for me and said boy is that seat comfortable!(I have the Corbin with the Lamonster cut)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think that once I get back from SpyderFest; I'll have to decide if the stock seat is still what I want to be sitting on; or if one of the aftermarket beauties is going to have to make an appearance in my garage... (1200 miles... )
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

My butt and hips were getting tired of riding on the stock seat .Over the winter I purchased a heated corbin seat with the tuck and roll stitching and with out the Lamonster cut. Just waiting patiently for the spyder to come out of storage so I can install the seat and other farkles that I collected over the winter.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Just left Corbin

Was in Hollister, Ca (Corbin) yesterday to have my Lamonster cut installed. (Mike said "hi" Lamont). Rode from Hollister to San Diego (425 mi) no problems! Started out with the heated seats on (41 this morning That's cold for YumaJim). Sweet ryde. Both wife and I could have gone further but we stopped in SD to have dinner with our granddaughter. Best investment I've made on the Blanco Diablo
    pictures later...

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Corbin Seat

Do not see a part number for a RT Lamonster cut with a back rest
    Jim Lemkow
    2012 RT Limited Brown with Tan Corbin Lamonster style seat,
    two Boys slip on pipes, fender lights, cup holder, seal floor boards, Elka Shocks

2013 STS - Elka Shocks, Two Bothers Exhaust..lots of lights

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jlemkow View Post
    Do not see a part number for a RT Lamonster cut with a back rest

Jim, all you have to do is call them via phone and tell them that you want the Lamonster Cut and backrest. I have the backrest with the hole in it because I have a propensity to sweat a lot (especially here in Flarda as you know) and that hole helps out a lot. The sales person on the phone will walk you through it for what you want, i.e., type and color of stitching, whether you want armrests for passenger, backrest for passenger, yada yada yada.

Chris

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    Jim, all you have to do is call them via phone and tell them that you want the Lamonster Cut and backrest. I have the backrest with the hole in it because I have a propensity to sweat a lot (especially here in Flarda as you know) and that hole helps out a lot. The sales person on the phone will walk you through it for what you want, i.e., type and color of stitching, whether you want armrests for passenger, backrest for passenger, yada yada yada.

Chris
    When I was ordering my seat I mentioned the Lamonster cut and the salesman new exactly what it was. the salesman was great and very patient as I had a lot of questions and he also had some great suggestions for my seat. I did not want mess up my order .

Spyder Garage

Love my new Corbin, although not Lamonster cut... Tried both, preferred standard... Either way can not go wrong!!
    Attached Images Attached Images