Spyder Garage

Red face Performed a unplanned test of many components of the RT-S including Ron's Sway Bar

I was leading a ryde with my local Spyder lovers, when I came up on a right hand turn in the road. Unfortunately I had utterly failed to see it! So, I was going way, way to fast, and of course, a car was in the other lane so I could not utilize the entire road, and had to stay in my lane.

As usual, Sweet Mary and I were ryding 2 up, so my first thought was to let it go straight, and sink the bike in the corn field. But doing the math, I decided that the car would intercept our course to a painful outcome. Honestly, If I were on 2 wheels, I would have ended laying it down, trying to avoid the car, and taking my lumps.

So... I did what any ryder with decades of ryding experience would do... I "untorque" the throttle, slam on the breaks (ABS activates - Check), negotiated the turn, going WAY TO FAST, lifting a front wheel off the ground (Nanny activates - Check), and somehow come thru the turn with out leaning the bike so far, as to roll it, and not experiencing a "whiplash" roll, as to fling Sweet Mary or I off the bike (Ron's Anti Sway Bar - Always activated - Check).

Needles to say, I pulled off the road to recover myself in the macho-manly way of my upbringing. (Cleaned out drawers, Expressed Gratitude to God for extracting me from another STUPID mistake - Check). After a few moments, we continued our ryde...

Needless to say, I was a little more observant the rest of the ryde, and I hope that carries on the the future.

Thanks again Ron, and by extension, BRP, for a Great Product.
    Kagey

Do not mess in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Spyder RTS SE5 - Quantum Blue Metallic - LED RT HMT Brake Light W/Dual Converter Unit - Lamonster NBV Highway Pegs
    SpyderPops "Missing Belt Guard" - "Butt Buffer" Butt Pad - Utopia Backrest - Original Grip Buddies - Digital Volt Gauge
    Analog Clock - Shark LED Light Kit - BajaRon's SwayBar - Mud Flap - Custom Dynamics Radiator Inlet Covers
    Seal FloorBoards
    - Baker Air Wings - SpyderPops BumpSkid

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oooops! We've all been there! It never gets any better! Hope you packed clean underwear!
    Nice to hear that you both walked away if a only bit startled!

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Nice to hear that you are OK...and that everyone else didn't follow you into oblivion. Maybe next time you should follow instead of lead.

Spyder Garage

Leading is an art form. Some do it very well, others..... Well. It isn't nearly as easy as it looks.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Nice to hear that you are OK...and that everyone else didn't follow you into oblivion. Maybe next time you should follow instead of lead.
    that's Cold, bro
    it was fun while it lasted.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Good news..!!

All came out well..never fear it happens to the best of us. Glad you were on the roadster not the two wheeler..!!
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Underware

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post
    Oooops! We've all been there! It never gets any better! Hope you packed clean underwear!
    Nice to hear that you both walked away if a only bit startled!
    Real Spyder Riders don't wear shorts !!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad you both made it through w/o any injuries. Do you need a new seat??? It's hard to get a crease out of an OEM Spyder seat.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that the only damage was to your arteries while your blood pressure spiked to beyond redline... We've all done the very same thing; thanks for owning up to it and giving us more confidence in BajaRon's Anti-SwayBar as a "Last-Resort" lifesaver!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

It's good when the equipment works like it's supposed to on the

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Amen to that

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Leading is an art form. Some do it very well, others..... Well. It isn't nearly as easy as it looks.
    I guess one could consider it to be art. I consider it to fall under talent. Some are good leaders but most are better followers. In my case I have an excellent co-pilot/navigator her head is in constant radar mode and her map reading skills are outstanding.

"When your the lead dawg your view is forever changing. But when your following your view never changes!"