Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    (nekkid Spyders can do this to me...)
    I like your seat with the contrasting fuel filler door!
    Details???

Corbin - Spyder seat done in Bomber Jacket Leather, sewn with orange thread. Can be seen in the link below on my mods thread.
    2012 RT Limited - Pearl White

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks!
    It's a very striking combination!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DR Buck View Post
    I keep thinking of other things I should do while I have it apart. Some time ago I put lava wrap on the left side exhaust pipe but not on the right. Tonight I had a thought that if I remove the gas tank I could wrap the other pipe thinking this would help prevent fuel boiling in the tank. Then I read the shop manual on tank removal. I think I am going to try and wrap it without removing the tank. It will not be easy, but I think it is doable.

Absolutley no way to wrap the back pipe with the gas tank in the way. So not being able to convince myself that I've already taken way to many parts off, I decided to pull the gas tank. I did not follow all the steps in the manual. I could see no reason to pull the rear luggage compartment. I also did not pull the lateral support as I was able to work the tank out and then back in with it in place. I just pulled a few of the panel screws on the front right to allow it to move a little.

Here are some pictures with that tank removed. and the pipe wrapped. The lighter color wrap is the pipe I wrapped last summer.

While I was at it I also wrapped the front section of the left side pipe that I could not get to until I removed the airbox.

These last two pictures give you an idea of how tight it is around the pipes with tha gas tank in place.

Hopefully the effort to do this part of my mods will keep the gas tank cooler and eliminate boiling gas.

My Mods -
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?39494-DR-Buck-s-2012-RT-Limited-Mods

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

AWESOME!!
    You are fearless!

Spyder Garage

Default Progress!

I made some serious progress tonight. I got the console assembly and glove box module reinstalled. I also got the Gorilla alarm system installed and working. It's pretty awesome and LOUD.

Tomorrow is a work day for my part time business (need to make more Farkle cash) nothing will be done until at least tomorrow evening. My plan is to start on installing the Bright Sides and mud flap led lights. After that will be the new oil pressure and voltage gauges.

My Mods -

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well I managed to install a new steering wheel cover AND new rubber floormats in my Si8lverado this afternoon... with NO loss of blood!
    (Some of us need to revel in life's small victories! )

Spyder Garage

It's going back together. I got all of the Bright Sides (front, rear & mud flap) installed and working yeaterday. I also put the mini cargo nets in the luggage compartment and trunk doors and finished installing a new mount for my ham radio antenna. Today I installed the new digital Volt and Oil Pressure gauges. Man they look cool. I got a call last night from my cousin that is doing my powder coating and was told my parts are done. I'll go to PA to get them next Friday. I'll spend this week putting the headlights and some of the tupperware back on. Hopefully it will be ready to ride sometime next week.

I still haven't received my air intake from Kewl Metal. I am not happy with them right now. If there was another source I be canceling my order and going there!

My Mods -

Spyder Garage

Well I've got everything done and Spyder is almost back together. Only two thins to do before putting the tupperware back on. I need to finish wiring up the PTT on the control pod to work with my ham radio and I need to install the Kewl Metal air intake if it ever gets here.

(17 March 2013) I still haven't received my air intake from Kewl Metal. I am not happy with them right now. If there was another source I be canceling my order and going there!

10 March 2013] I was told that they are backordered and should be in in a week or two.

My Mods -

Spyder Garage

Default Getting close!

Just about finished this marathon round of farkleing. Tonight I installed the Kewl Metal performance air cleaner. Tomorrow I'll clean thing up a bit and put the Tupperware back on and get some good pictures.

Here is the Air cleaner.

Here is a preview of my sparklely ruby red castings..

My Mods -