Spyder Garage

Question ARMRESTS FOR MY '12 RT

A question..
    I am thinking of getting armrests for
    my '12 RT from 'Diamond R'

I come to understand that the armrests 'swing in, and out,' as opposed to Corbin's fixed position.
    I wonder of the safety is
    sue in a cornering situation; having the passenger 'take a dive.'
    Any thoughts???

Thanks

Ron

Spyder Garage

i'd rather them to move then not. easyer to get on an off id think?? Jusy my thoughts

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

I have the Corbin armrests, and my wife has no problem at all getting on and off the spyder. Admittedly she is "slender in built" (5' 5"/118 lbs), and is a pretty agile woman. The foot rest for the passenger is slightly forward and allows for easy entry.

The advantage I see is that those, the Corbins, are stationary, and WE like that feature.

Hope this helps.

Chris [Edit: Geeeeeeeez!!!! I'm just now seeing who started this thread. You and I have talked about this Ron. I don't think you can go wrong either way. Sylvia needs to talk to Cindy about the difficulty of getting on and off.]
    Last edited by MouthPiece; 02-25-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

You can tighten down the Diamond R rests so they don't swing, or don't swing as easily.

Spyder Garage

Ditto what Mouthpiece said. We also have the Corbin and my wife (not as thin or agile as Cindy, but small) has no trouble getting on or off. Even I can get on or off with no problem. The Corbin give my wife an added sense of security.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    You can tighten down the Diamond R rests so they don't swing, or don't swing as easily.
    We tightened the right-hand side down more; she mounts and dismounts to the left.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I have the Diamond R's and wife loves them. Sounds like Corbins are good too. Based on various threads I have read I would recommend trying both out if you can find the opportunity as height can affect the comfort on long trips. As for safety, my wife is pretty cautious and the swing out feature hasn't been an issue. She rides arms up in the straightaways and likes to grip the handles in twisties and turns. That back seat really holds you in if your feet are planted. My two cents.....
    Name: Eric Heims
    Red 2016 RTS, Diamond R Armrests, Ram X Mount, Doc Humphreys Dampener, BajaRon Swaybar, Spyderpops "Critter Splitter"

"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." John Philpot Curran 1790

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

We have the diamond R and have them tightened enough that they don't move by themselves! Really like them for long rides!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

If you going for looks, the Corbin wins hands down. The Diamond looks to manufactured.

Spyder Garage

Default Torqued

Tightened the Diamond R rests so they don't swing quite as easily. Wife has a bungee across the front as well for her peace of mind. Never mind that it won't prevent flight, she just prefers it. Especially when she falls asleep. The DR rests are exactly like the ones we had on our Wing and we did much the same thing, including falling asleep. For the $$$ and happiness of Co-pylot, the DRs win hands down.

Patrick
    2011 RTS 2006 Yamaha Morphous
    2017 F150 2015 MINI Cooper S IBA 56167
    2011 RTS , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

We also have the Diamond R armrests. When it comes to the install, the Diamond R armrests are a quick 15 minute install. The Corban's require considerably more time.
    2014 Spyder RTS SE6 in pearl white - The "Pearl II" Corbin Seat and Backrest, Diamond R Passenger Arm Rests, Baker Air Wings

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Badazzspydee View Post
    We also have the Diamond R armrests. When it comes to the install, the Diamond R armrests are a quick 15 minute install. The Corban's require considerably more time.
    Yes the do.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Also remember the armrest are for resting not weight bearing. If you are going around corners, etc. you want to use the "handles" for safety.

Spyder Garage

Wink Armrests

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    I have the Corbin armrests, and my wife has no problem at all getting on and off the spyder. Admittedly she is "slender in built" (5' 5"/118 lbs), and is a pretty agile woman. The foot rest for the passenger is slightly forward and allows for easy entry.

The advantage I see is that those, the Corbins, are stationary, and WE like that feature.

Hope this helps.

Chris [Edit: Geeeeeeeez!!!! I'm just now seeing who started this thread. You and I have talked about this Ron. I don't think you can go wrong either way. Sylvia needs to talk to Cindy about the difficulty of getting on and off.]
    Man Chris, I would hate to be X examined by you
    This appears to have 'set-up' written all over it

Spyder Garage

Default Torqued

Quote Originally Posted by Pandy View Post
    Tightened the Diamond R rests so they don't swing quite as easily. Wife has a bungee across the front as well for her peace of mind. Never mind that it won't prevent flight, she just prefers it. Especially when she falls asleep. The DR rests are exactly like the ones we had on our Wing and we did much the same thing, including falling asleep. For the $$$ and happiness of Co-pylot, the DRs win hands down.

Patrick

Thanks for the info. The folks at Diamond R didn't go into ability to tighten the arms to reduce the swinging ability.
    Interestingly, we also had a brief discussion of the application of a bungee for perceived security.
    Ron

Spyder Garage

Default If you going for looks

Quote Originally Posted by R30SHIRE View Post
    If you going for looks, the Corbin wins hands down. The Diamond looks to manufactured.
    From what I've seen up close, the Corbin does look good. I have only seen photos of the Diamond R's And I tend to agree on the manufactured look. And the research continues.
    Thanks
    Ron

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

We had the Corbins, but I found them too high to be comfortable for me (I am about 5'2"). Too high to rest my arms on, and I couldn't reach the heated grips. We just got the Diamond Rs and hubby was able to adjust the height to be more comfortable for me, and I'll be able to reach the grips. So you may want to consider that for your passengers comfort.

Spyder Garage

We are happy with the Corbins. Getting on and off for us has never been an issue, the Passenger floorboards are forward of the seat, and the arm rests, so the process of getting on and off is not impeded for us. Both types are good products so I don't think you could go wrong either way.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've had the Diamond R armrests since Lamont's BBQ last September. All my passengers think there great!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

And they also offer some height-adjustability...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black