Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Bought a Black Current 2013 RT-Limited w/ 2013 RT-622 Trailer today

I've been reading, looking, learning, drooling and wanting a Spyder. I really wanted to buy a 2013 Viper Red RT-S. I also wanted to add the GPS and the Sena SM10 Bluetooth system.

Well today I went to Metro Harley in Cedar Rapids to order it. When I got there I saw they had a 2013 Black Current RT-Limited connected to a Black Current 2013 Can Am Trailer. Now I've looked at the RT-Limited and thought they were very nice and I especially like the Black Current color. I've also been thinking about buying a trailer and had decided that the CanAm trailer was the trailer I wanted.

Needless to say, instead of buying the Viper Red RT-S, I bought the RT-Limited and the trailer. I also purchased a 3-year BEST warranty. Metro Harley is going to deliver it next week after they make sure that it steers correctly at high speed.

Now all I've got to do is get my motorcycle endorsement, insurance, riding gear and start thinking about farkles.

I'll have pictures up when it's delivered. Now it just needs to warm up and the snow to melt!!

I am so pumped!!

Tony
    Last edited by GuitarPlayer; 02-23-2013 at 07:45 PM.
    <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
    2017 Red F3T

Mods
    Lamonster RIP Floorboards
    Lamonster H4 LED headlights
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights
    Lamonster LED White and Amber Fog Ring
    Lamonster Show Chrome Fender kit
    Lamonster Drink holder
    Lamonster Dual Power Plate with large X-Grip
    Lamonster F3 Driver Back Rest
    Lamonster Lid Lock
    Baker Air Wings Luggage Rack

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Teddy & I would like to say Congrats on the New Ryde & Welcome to the Spyderhood

&

A similar thing tho kinda backwards happend to us a couple years back. We had lusted after the Brand New RT when it first came to market in 2010, put down deposit & ordered it, was told 3 to 4 weeks. Called 3 weeks later, then told 3-4 more MONTHS. Ended up getting a Timeless Black RT-S from a dealer 2 states over, so went with it, but the set-up was rushed and we ended up having issue after issue with that unit.

Made the mistake of sitting on a 2011 Viper Red RT-S & then Len at (then) Cowtown (Now PitBull Power Sports) offered a unique opportunity of offering 5 Limited Edition SpyderFest RTs Complete with the 5 most sought after mods already installed & Teddy said to go for it, and we ended up trading the 2010 for the very 1st SpyderFest Edition RT-S that Len made in 2011 & have been Happy Ever Since. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours & Welcome to the SpyderHood.

The Black one was mine but the Red one is Teddy's, hence its name= Teds Red Sled

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 02-23-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Congrats!

Welcome to the wonderful world of spydering!! May you have miles of smyles like the rest of us who have been bitten by the Spyder! And yes, farkeling is contagious too!

Steve & Micele

Spyder Garage

Default Bought a Black Current 2013 RT-Limited w/ 2013 RT-622 Trailer today

Way too cool, you are gonna love it

Cruzr Joe

Sent by morse code from a hidden bunker

Note to those keeping score, i responded before Bob...yeah.
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Many happy miles!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Congrats....

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Congrats. At this juncture you are one of the few with that setup.

Spyder Garage

on your new ryde. I have a feeling you are going to love it.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Congratulations!! When you finally made a decision, you didn't hold back. You went whole hog (as we say in the south) Hope you enjoy

your Spyder as much as I enjoy mine.

Spyder Garage

Tony, , on your new purchase. Glad to hear you're having the steering checked out before you take posession. I hope you'll consider coming down to Spyderfest. There are several ryders in your area. Hope to meet up with you there. Ryde safe, and enjoy.

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Good choice and hope you get many wonderful miles of enjoyment.

Larry

Spyder Garage

Welcome aboard.

Be sure to check out the mods section. Even the oldest posts will inspire and have relavance.
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

magical member
    Spyder Garage

, great color and nice set up.

harry

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Post Bought a Black Current 2013 RT-Limited wi/2013 RT-622 Trailer today

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarPlayer View Post
    I've been reading, looking, learning, drooling and wanting a Spyder. I really wanted to buy a 2013 Viper Red RT-S. I also wanted to add the GPS and the Sena SM10 Bluetooth system.

Well today I went to Metro Harley in Cedar Rapids to order it. When I got there I saw they had a 2013 Black Current RT-Limited connected to a Black Current 2013 Can Am Trailer. Now I've looked at the RT-Limited and thought they were very nice and I especially like the Black Current color. I've also been thinking about buying a trailer and had decided that the CanAm trailer was the trailer I wanted.

Needless to say, instead of buying the Viper Red RT-S, I bought the RT-Limited and the trailer. I also purchased a 3-year BEST warranty. Metro Harley is going to deliver it next week after they make sure that it steers correctly at high speed.

Now all I've got to do is get my motorcycle endorsement, insurance, riding gear and start thinking about farkles.

I'll have pictures up when it's delivered. Now it just needs to warm up and the snow to melt!!

I am so pumped!!

Tony

CONGRATULATIONS AND HAPPY SPYDERING. WE SURE LOVE OUR SPYDERS! HOPE TO SEE YOU AT SPYDERFEST!

Spyder Garage

Very nice rig! May you enjoy for many happy miles!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Congrats..!!

There is an old Spanish saying.."Fuiestes por lana y regresastes trasquilado" loosely translated "you went for wool and returned sheared". You got it all in one bite congrats safe ryding and enjoy..
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Congrats and welcome. Great bunch here. I ogled this very setup at the International Motorcycle Show in Novi Michigan a few weeks ago. Good choice!

Spyder Garage

and on your new and trailer (which happens to be my "new" favorite color). Now you should plan on comming to Spyderfest and check out some additional "farkles".

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Bought a Black Current 2013 RT-Limited w/ 2013 RT-622 Trailer today

Congratulations
    From Deep in the Hart of Texas!
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here's to lots of happy miles and smiles!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default NEW SET UP!

CONGRATS! WELCOME TO THE CLUB.

Spyder Garage

Tony, Congratulations! . Glad to see you made the plunge and you sure picked a nice one. Can't wait to see the pictures! You aren't very far away so when you get ready to take a ride, maybe we can connect and put some miles on. Spyderfest? :-) I know without much time to ride beforehand could seem a little much but surely we will get a few weeks of decent weather up here beforehand. I'm also sure Metro will treat you right.
    Name: Eric Heims
    Red 2016 RTS, Diamond R Armrests, Ram X Mount, Doc Humphreys Dampener, BajaRon Swaybar, Spyderpops "Critter Splitter"

"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." John Philpot Curran 1790

Spyder Garage

nice choice, really like that color

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Welcome!

Welcome to the family! Ride safe and have FUN!

Spyder Garage