Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Just purchased a woody trailer from JD Brand

Just purchased a custom Woody motorcycle trailer from JD Brand. http://www.jdbrand.com/ Trailer will include as follows: 3 link air ride suspension, red oak running board, trim and bumper, 12" aluminum wheels Sawtooth style, stainless steel mud flaps, DOT reflective tape, swivel hitch, 4 pin flat electrical wiring, Woody style extreme LED lighting (including LED lighting under trunk light, 7 gal aluminum auxiliary fuel tank, fold down landing gear. standard Woody carpet inside the box, as close to as possible matching white paint job on fenders and box, complete control box (that includes solar panel charging, battery, fuel pump and filter, air compressor and hose, fuel nozzle, battery tender) with locking lid. I'll try to post some pictures after I get it. Or come and see it at Spyderfest in Missouri this April. This will be our first spyderfest and we are looking forward to it. Hoping to get some use out of it.
    Last edited by Petersens; 01-22-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Went to the website . Woody hooked to the Black RT-S looks great

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

You may want to ditch the swivel hitch if it will be pulled with a Spyder. I had to on my Aspen Sentry, because the swivel hitch (which is meant for motorcycle use) kept turning down and contacting the hitch. A fixed hitch works better for a Spyder.

RT-S PE#0031
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    You may want to ditch the swivel hitch if it will be pulled with a Spyder. I had to on my Aspen Sentry, because the swivel hitch (which is meant for motorcycle use) kept turning down and contacting the hitch. A fixed hitch works better for a Spyder.
    Good point, unless it's a Bushtec style swivel hitch. Then there'd be no problem.

Spyder Garage

May I inquire as to the price? I am looking for a trailer but cannot afford the RT-622.
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

Default Woody

$3,250 + frt.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Petersens View Post
    Just purchased a custom Woody motorcycle trailer from JD Brand. http://www.jdbrand.com/ Trailer will include as follows: 3 link air ride suspension, red oak running board, trim and bumper, 12" aluminum wheels Sawtooth style, stainless steel mud flaps, DOT reflective tape, swivel hitch, 4 pin flat electrical wiring, Woody style extreme LED lighting (including LED lighting under trunk light, 7 gal aluminum auxiliary fuel tank, fold down landing gear. standard Woody carpet inside the box, as close to as possible matching white paint job on fenders and box, complete control box (that includes solar panel charging, battery, fuel pump and filter, air compressor and hose, fuel nozzle, battery tender) with locking lid. I'll try to post some pictures after I get it. Or come and see it at Spyderfest in Missouri this April. This will be our first spyderfest and we are looking forward to it. Hoping to get some use out of it.
    Hey Jim, just a update on your trailer. We start your trailer next week and have found some good news on the matching paint for Spyders. There is a coumpany called US Paint that manufactures OEM paint for Can Am. I talk to Ryan at US Paint and asked if I could share this info with others on this site, and he gave me the ok. Can Am Spyders or Bombardier on their Seadoos use a 3 part pearl paint (base color, pearl coat, then clear coat). Using the code available from Canam, most paint stores here in the States have a hard time matching this paint. However, at US Paint they are the OEM manufacturer of the paint that Canam uses, and will sell it in 1 quart orders for doing repair, trailer, and other projects. Because yours is a pearl white, a solid color with clear still wouldn't look close, so we went with the pearl white. At this point, all your parts are in and as I start the built, I will post up pics or send them to you, so you can share them with others. I'll also post this information in general discussion, as this information will be very helpful for others looking for matching paint.
    You can contact Ryan at US Paint at (314) 621.0525.
    http://www.uspaint.com/paints/spyder...ket-paints.asp
    Last edited by Questions; 02-14-2013 at 12:15 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Nice !!

Looks great I think you will get alot out of this trailer..enjoy
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Nice trailer

I really like the looks of the (low slung) trailer, waiting on a return call to see how many $.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Me too!
    Those are real nice-looking trailers...
    I wonder if I could sneak one past the Missus??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks for that input, i got a swivel hitch with my new Escape XL trailer but was unsure if that was a good idea to use with my 2012 RT Limited.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Just got off the phone with JD, we must have talked for half an hour, what a nice guy! Those are some awesome built trailers, I do believe we sketched out what he's going to build for my trailer, can't wait until I can afford it By the way he said his swivel hitch won't spin upside down when used on a spyder and it would make it more desirable for 2 wheelers if you have to sell it.

Wayne

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by duneside View Post
    Just got off the phone with JD, we must have talked for half an hour, what a nice guy! Those are some awesome built trailers, I do believe we sketched out what he's going to build for my trailer, can't wait until I can afford it By the way he said his swivel hitch won't spin upside down when used on a spyder and it would make it more desirable for 2 wheelers if you have to sell it.

Wayne
    It really isn't the spinning "upside-down" that is a problem. It is tilting enough to contact the ball stem or hitch that is the issue. Eventually it rubs through the plating on the ball stem or the swivel hitch, and corrodes. In severe cases it can wear into the metal substantially. Same thing happens on cars. My advice is to add the swivel later if you want to sell, or swap the swivel on and off if you tow with differnt types of vehicles. JMHO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

JD,
    I was trying to find some specs on the Woody Trailer; I've got to admit that I'm stumped...
    Cany you tell us a bit about them? Overall weight, tongue weight, cargo capacity, tire sizes,etc...
    Thanks!
    Oh! How about the cost of getting one color-matched also...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    JD,
    I was trying to find some specs on the Woody Trailer; I've got to admit that I'm stumped...
    Cany you tell us a bit about them? Overall weight, tongue weight, cargo capacity, tire sizes,etc...
    Thanks!
    Oh! How about the cost of getting one color-matched also...

Hey Bob. Sorry for the lack of info but every trailers and tanks that I build is custom so the price is kinda hard to guess so I just count on customers calling and giving them the time to tell me what they are wanting as there are many options. I also am not able to post prices on the site as I'm not a advertiser and it would not be fair to the vendors, but we may soon join as one. However the weight of a woody with a fuel tank and air ride, 12'' wheels, 1 7/8'' coupler is about 130 lbs. Tongue weight should be from 30 - 50 lbs if loaded right. The Woody box is 48'' long, 28'' wide and 18'' high. 44'' from fender to fender but all of that can change to your spec. I would love to go into sales mode but this is not my thread so I will try and answer tech. questions if I can. Thanks for asking and hope to talk some day.

JD
    Last edited by Questions; 02-14-2013 at 11:30 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It really isn't the spinning "upside-down" that is a problem. It is tilting enough to contact the ball stem or hitch that is the issue. Eventually it rubs through the plating on the ball stem or the swivel hitch, and corrodes. In severe cases it can wear into the metal substantially. Same thing happens on cars. My advice is to add the swivel later if you want to sell, or swap the swivel on and off if you tow with differnt types of vehicles. JMHO
    Hey Scotty. Your right on the coupler laying to one side but the coupler that I use has a tensioner on it and it will not move left or right if you try. They are made to move with a much heaver trailer and any tilt would have to done by the bike, so I offer it for free as it may help sell it later to a bike owner. I will build the with a fixed coupler as some spyder owners may want. Thanks.
    JD.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JD. View Post
    Hey Scotty. Your right on the coupler laying to one side but the coupler that I use has a tensioner on it and it will not move left or right if you try. They are made to move with a much heaver trailer and any tilt would have to done by the bike, so I offer it for free as it may help sell it later to a bike owner. I will build the with a fixed coupler as some spyder owners may want. Thanks.
    JD.
    I've never seen or heard of one with a tensioner. Sounds like just the ticket...the best of both worlds.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've never seen or heard of one with a tensioner. Sounds like just the ticket...the best of both worlds.

Yeah, I was happy to find them for that reason. They have a spring with a fork under the ball and it is very tight and sometimes hard to remove. A shot of WD-40 will fix that. Good call on that one as that can be a real problem. Thanks.
    JD.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

JD,
    Thanks for the information! With the way that folks gripe about needing more fuel capacity; your trailer sounds about like the perfect solution!
    (And you're right; becoming a site sponsor WOULD be nice! )

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here are some pics of Jim's new trailer. The new Woody Air Ride....It's like having a support vehicle with you. On board air, 7 gal. fuel and extra power to jump start with. Solar power recharge on the road.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Questions; 04-17-2013 at 11:20 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

More pics.....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Some pics of the air ride three link and 7 gal. fuel tank.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Last pics.....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is going to require some very delicate negotiations... That's a great-looking setup!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    This is going to require some very delicate negotiations... That's a great-looking setup!
    You know, you could always bring home that new couch that she's been looking at....it may sweeten the deal.