Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Looks like I may have offended a few people, and no I don't need a hug. All I was trying to say is if you don't have anything good to say then don't say it. I'm guessing Danny put a lot of time into that rear paint so just say hey it's cool. and I'm not that young im 46, but maybe I might be the youngest guy to own an rt limited. As an artist myself I have pretty thick skin but sometimes I do speak up. You did see at the end of my previous post I did insert a few smiley faces it really was just a little ribbing, I appologize if I offended anyone and remember I DO NOT NEED A HUG

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Painter Dan View Post
    The winning paint job from the Spyderfest 2011 Farris Customs passport run. He finally brought it to me.

Great Job Danny!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderrock View Post
    Looks like I may have offended a few people, and no I don't need a hug. All I was trying to say is if you don't have anything good to say then don't say it. I'm guessing Danny put a lot of time into that rear paint so just say hey it's cool. and I'm not that young im 46, but maybe I might be the youngest guy to own an rt limited. As an artist myself I have pretty thick skin but sometimes I do speak up. You did see at the end of my previous post I did insert a few smiley faces it really was just a little ribbing, I appologize if I offended anyone and remember I DO NOT NEED A HUG
    Balderdash! You call yourself an artist. I bet you are a big hit at Halloween with your 1000 skulls. Are all your skulls the same or are you artistic enough to vary them? All the same just makes for a pile of bones. Any have hair? How about worms crawling out of an eye socket. Maybe a sea scene with seaweed wafting in the waves and a crab dining on an eyeball!
    Some call what Maplethorpe did was art. Many call it what it is --- crap. Thick skin indeed. No criticism allowed. Bull feathers.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by granpa in Cincy View Post
    Could do without the skull
    x2

Love the overall paint job of the flames and colors but personally I could leave the skull off for my ride (but it does look good though) What is it with all the scheme's out there to include skulls? I see it on paint jobs and wraps styles all over the place so obviously people want them.
    Last edited by Huntindawg1962; 08-18-2012 at 06:36 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderrock View Post

Easy, Spyderrock. As I read the thread all there was is a comment that he could do without the skulls (that was seconded and my subsequent third) and you seemed to read more into it. Just because someone (like me, too) does not care for a component of the design for our own bike does not mean that the work is not beautiful. I also would not put on those "posed nude lady silhouettes" that you see on peoples trucks on any of my rides. But that is just me. I see tons of spider designs that look great but just are not my cup of tea either. I like looking at other people's unicorns but wont have one of those either. Does not make them bad. Part of why I am still looking at designs and have not already wrapped or painted mine. It will be done this winter - just not sure what yet?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thank you for all the comments.

Skulls, no skulls?
    It was what the customer wanted. He was happy and I was happy
    to do it.

I can't wait to do the 2012 winning paint job.

pitbull

Skulls, no skulls?
    to do it.

NICE WORK

zrc

I'm gonna make a skull catapult mod, then I can have skulls and shoot skulls at you if you dont like them to FORCE skulls UPON YOU!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, its on now. I will call it Spyder-skullapult.

Perhaps I can set some of them ablaze for a Flaming Spyder Skullapult.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

BEAUTIFUL BIKE!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zrc View Post
    I'm gonna make a skull catapult mod, then I can have skulls and shoot skulls at you if you dont like them to FORCE skulls UPON YOU!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, its on now. I will call it Spyder-skullapult.

Perhaps I can set some of them ablaze for a Flaming Spyder Skullapult.
    May I PLEASE borrow it when you're done???? I know some folks I'd like to shoot flaming skulls at!!!!

I love the paint job!! And the skull!! I have a small skull tattoo on my leg....with a mowhawk and a blue rose through it's teeth.

MOgang Member
    Spyder Garage

Danny is great when it comes to skulls!! Can't see them all here but there are a ton of them incorporated into the paint job he did on my Spyder
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Skulls, no skulls?
    to do it.

Like I said. I is a nice paint job, but I am not into skulls. I was thinking of getting my Spyder painted, but just know when I do I will scratch it.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

DANG THAT'S HOT!!!!!! That looks a little like my Spyder. Hey, wait, that is my Spyder. I have not yet seen it in person,
    but those are the same pictures Danny Farris sent me when he completed the paint job. Right on Danny . I gottacallCowtown tomorrow and see if they will have repairs done this week. Sure would like to pick it up on Saturday .
    As far as the skull is concerned it is Danny's business logo. When I dropped the bike off at Farris Customs I told Danny
    the rear fender was his to do with whatever he wanted. He put his logo and company name there and I'am proud to display it for him. The only thing I wish I would have thought of would be to have Danny paint his signature there also.
    Every artist should sign their work and Danny is truly an artist. That is quite evident in the pictures.

Danny, even though I have not yet seen it in person, I think it looks GREAT!!!!!! Thanks for all your time and effort.
    I'll try to stop in when Cowtown gets done with it.

P.S. Not only did Danny paint it, he also hauled it to Cowtown for me. That saved me a 5hr round trip just to get it the 15 or 20 miles from Danny's shop (St. James) to Cowtown (Cuba). Thanks Danny, I truly appreciate that.

See ya soon

Mike

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbitten View Post
    DANG THAT'S HOT!!!!!! That looks a little like my Spyder. Hey, wait, that is my Spyder. I have not yet seen it in person,
    but those are the same pictures Danny Farris sent me when he completed the paint job. Right on Danny . I gottacallCowtown tomorrow and see if they will have repairs done this week. Sure would like to pick it up on Saturday .
    As far as the skull is concerned it is Danny's business logo. When I dropped the bike off at Farris Customs I told Danny
    the rear fender was his to do with whatever he wanted. He put his logo and company name there and I'am proud to display it for him. The only thing I wish I would have thought of would be to have Danny paint his signature there also.
    Every artist should sign their work and Danny is truly an artist. That is quite evident in the pictures.

Danny, even though I have not yet seen it in person, I think it looks GREAT!!!!!! Thanks for all your time and effort.

P.S. Not only did Danny paint it, he also hauled it to Cowtown for me. That saved me a 5hr round trip just to get it the 15 or 20 miles from Danny's shop (St. James) to Cowtown (Cuba). Thanks Danny, I truly appreciate that.

See ya soon

Mike
    Thank you Mike, and thank you everyone for the nice comments.

chickridin

Awesome!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

See ya soon

Mike
    Hey Mike, Did you pick up your Spyder yet?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Danny,

No Cowtown still has not looked at it yet. I just sent a pm to Rick @ Cowtown. I believe they are having some

service dept issues.I'am confident they will get things in order, so ai patiently await there assessment on my

Spyder. Whenever they complete my service I will call you when I come to pick it up. I would like to take you, Len and

Rick to lunch if possible.

Mike

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Danny,

No Cowtown still has not looked at it yet. I just sent a pm to Rick @ Cowtown. I believe they are having some

service dept issues.I'am confident they will get things in order, so ai patiently await there assessment on my

Spyder. Whenever they complete my service I will call you when I come to pick it up. I would like to take you, Len and

Rick to lunch if possible.

Mike
    Did you ever get your Spyder home yet Mike?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Joe View Post
    Danny is great when it comes to skulls!! Can't see them all here but there are a ton of them incorporated into the paint job he did on my Spyder
    Wow nice paint job!! Gonna have to get a pic at Spyfest!