Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default End of riding season in Quebec!

Well what a great day we had today in the Laurentians! The temp was around 14c(57f) and sunny, so We took the Spyder out for it's last ride. Unfortunately this temperature is rare these days in our part of the country. But we had a great day of riding and when I got home washed and waxed the Spyder, put some stabil in the tank, battery tender and put it away until next year. Just wanted to say what a great first year of Spyder ownership we had, we met fantastic people at SITA and at Spyder Mania in Joliette! As will as on every ride!. it was nice to put faces to some of the people on this site! I also want to thank Lamont for this site, as well as all the people on it. I am not sure that our first summer would not have been so enjoyable and knowledgable if not for this site! Lamont you are doing a great Job!
    I will check in often over the winter for my Spyder fix as will to hear the adventures of those lucky enough to ride all year! Enjoy the ride and be safe out there!
    Last edited by Netminder; 11-12-2012 at 07:57 PM.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

It was a beautiful day but the clouds moved in earlier than forecast.

I headed west into Ontario & also had a great ride. It was 70°F in eastern Ontario but only 60°F in Montreal.

Hope it is not my last ride, but I have 'til Dec 15th for the last legal one. Will wait to change the oil until then.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
    It was a beautiful day but the clouds moved in earlier than forecast.

I headed west into Ontario & also had a great ride. It was 70°F in eastern Ontario but only 60°F in Montreal.

Hope it is not my last ride, but I have 'til Dec 15th for the last legal one. Will wait to change the oil until then.
    I too was hoping for a couple of more, but I have to many things to do before then, and figured now is the time to do it. But could easily take it back out if we got some real nice weather!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

what kind of battery tender are you using

Quote Originally Posted by Netminder View Post
    Well what a great day we had today in the Laurentians! The temp was around 14c(57f) and sunny, so We took the Spyder out for it's last ride. Unfortunately this temperature is rare these days in our part of the country. But we had a great day of riding and when I got home washed and waxed the Spyder, put some stabil in the tank, battery tender and put it away until next year. Just wanted to say what a great first year of Spyder ownership we had, we met fantastic people at SITA and at Spyder Mania in Joliette! As will as on every ride!. it was nice to put faces to some of the people on this site! I also want to thank Lamont for this site, as well as all the people on it. I am not sure that our ry summer would not have been so enjoyable and knowledgable if not for this site! Lamont you are doing a great Job!
    I will check in often over the winter for my Spyder fix as will to hear the adventures of those lucky enough to ride all year! Enjoy the ride and be safe out there!

Spyder Garage

on that final ryde of the season. I put my 's to bed for the season about a week ago.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Ride all seasons

Down here in L A (lower Alabama) we'll be riding all season, I don't think I could go without riding my RT that long, just got to deal with the climate where ever we live.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Watching the end of the riding season approach is never going to be a favorite time of the year for riders.
    We're hanging on down here to what's left of our season; but it's becoming all too apparent that the Battery Tenders and Stabil are coming...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by decibel View Post
    I am using a Motomaster from cnadian tire. The go on sale once in a while, so I have a few, that way I can charge all my batteries without moving it around. Had them a while now and never had an issue. I see your in Gatineau, not to far from us?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    on that final ryde of the season. I put my 's to bed for the season about a week ago.
    Thanks, hope you had a great season.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfuspyder View Post
    Down here in L A (lower Alabama) we'll be riding all season, I don't think I could go without riding my RT that long, just got to deal with the climate where ever we live.
    I am jealous!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Watching the end of the riding season approach is never going to be a favorite time of the year for riders.
    We're hanging on down here to what's left of our season; but it's becoming all too apparent that the Battery Tenders and Stabil are coming...
    I know it is hard Bob! Lets just hope we have as nice a summer next year as we did this one!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by decibel View Post

I use Deltran Battery Tender Junior units for all my motorcycle batteries.

Free Thinking Member
    Spyder Garage

As one riding season ends, another one begins.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The real riding season ended here three weeks ago - we will occasionally get a 45 - 55 degree dry day - even in January and February. So I prep the Spyder for winter, but still manage a few miles every month. It doesn't move in the rain though.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Sorry to here your wooes! Here in South Florida the weather has just begun to get beautiful. I took a 50 mile ride up the coast before riding into work this morning.

Godspeed

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BioSab View Post
    Sorry to here your wooes! Here in South Florida the weather has just begun to get beautiful. I took a 50 mile ride up the coast before riding into work this morning.

Godspeed
    You guys are lucky! The older I get the less I like winter! We try to get down to your stat at least once every winter!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I know it is hard Bob! Lets just hope we have as nice a summer next year as we did this one!
    Amen to that!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I am jealous!!
    I don't know if you are able, but we are flocked by the migration of snowbirds from way up north, from October til' April of the season, but I haven't seen any spyder riders though.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I don't know if you are able, but we are flocked by the migration of snowbirds from way up north, from October til' April of the season, but I haven't seen any spyder riders though.
    My wife and I are always looking for new places to go to escape the winter here!

Spyder Garage

My wife and I are always looking for new places to go to escape the winter here!
    Most of the northerns usually head for the Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, Alabama area, there are several accomidations down there from condos to RV parks.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Most of the northerns usually head for the Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, Alabama area, there are several accomidations down there from condos to RV parks.
    Thanks for the info!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mxz600 View Post
    As one riding season ends, another one begins.
    I agree! Around here from three wheels to track and skis isn't too far apart. Time to fire up that 1200 TNT

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vtrider View Post
    I agree! Around here from three wheels to track and skis isn't too far apart. Time to fire up that 1200 TNT
    Been thinking of getting a sled , as our friends ride , but no room left in my basement. Will build a garage in a year or so , then I'll have room for more toys,,