Spyder Garage

Default Great time at Ladies Tea Ride

We had a beautiful day for our Ladies Tea ride. I was joined by GASpyderLady(Joan), Cathie, james danny (Danny and Barbara), missisb (Laura) and Barbara's cousin, Terry. The drive on GA 36 to GA 212 and then GA16 was wonderful - very little traffic, crossed over Lake Jackson and Oconee River (a picture stop), went thru quaint towns (Monticello, Eatonton, Sparta) and ended up at Jewell. The Jewell box is in a converted old home. Denise, the owner, has wonderful antiques. She served a beautiful afternoon tea including cucumber sandwiches, pimento cheese and jelly (with a nice spicy bite) sandwiches, cranberry white chocolate scones with homemade berry peach jam and clotted cream, and puff pastry cream and berry tarts (with a surprise in the inner shell). We sampled three teas - Passion, the House blend and Creme Brulee. I think the Cream Brulee was our favorite. The ride back was just as beautiful.

We discussed making this an annual event, but perhaps a Spring ride may be of more interest. Laura, Barbara, CAthie and Joan all took pics and will add them as they can.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

the destination

the reason

the ladies

the bikes

stopping along the way

waiting to get inside

very British

the scones YUMMY

cucumber sandwiches

real bone china

and real silver ware

old school

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Ok, I'm jealous! Spyderpops calls me a tea snob...with good reason of course. Thanks for sharing your great pics. Too bad Georgia is so far from Arkansas. I would have joined my yellow Spyder with yours!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

and you didnt think to bring any home

RT-S PE#0031
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRS-SPYDERPOP View Post
    Ok, I'm jealous! Spyderpops calls me a tea snob...with good reason of course. Thanks for sharing your great pics. Too bad Georgia is so far from Arkansas. I would have joined my yellow Spyder with yours!
    Hey, I've seen Harvey's nice truck and trailer. He could have brought both you and your Spyder to Georgia for the tea ride!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawson View Post
    Hey, I've seen Harvey's nice truck and trailer. He could have brought both you and your Spyder to Georgia for the tea ride!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

He could have brought me for sure! I might just surprise you next tea time and show up! There aren't too many limits for a true tea snob! :-D